• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Shred |OT| Are you one of the 3,000 people who bought this game?

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, one franchise down, one franchise to go, Activision?

They're both kinda down. It seems like this year is the last Guitar Hero game, so Neversoft is free to do what they want (return to TH games)

DMczaf

Vinterbird said:
They're both kinda down. It seems like this year is the last Guitar Hero game, so Neversoft is free to do what Activision wants (work on COD map packs)

joel-jewett.jpg

G-Fex said:
Can't wait for the gritty modern reboot.

With guns
THUG already kind of did that with that awful Fireball mode. Yet another reason that game was kind of lane (besides driving and okayish level design).

Also: everyone knows the best Tony Hawk was THPS4, don't front.

V_Ben

Banned
Anth0ny said:
You can play as Darth Maul and Wolverine in THPS3. That blew my fucking mind when I was a kid :lol

God, I remember going to a friends house, and seeing Wolverine on the screen. I went home and bought the game the next day :lol

Me and my brother would spend hours with the level editor in THPS3. We'd build obstacle courses with the lava pits and other traps, trying to make it to the end of our "levels". That was fun. Pro Skater 3 was fun. Sigh.

Wait until you see the intro video for this. You know those shitty Sega CD FMV games where the actor talks directly to you?
Well, it's back. Only With Tony and some (I guess) famous skaters telling you how rad and cool you are.

Only, you get to see Tony's cold dead shark eyes. His every line delivered drenched with the unclean shame of Kotick bucks and knowing he's sold out....

You don't even need to buy the game, I'm sure it will be on Youtube soon enough.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
why haven't they put THPS 1-4 on downloadable services yet :lol

i bet it would make way more money than these new titles

anyway, hopefully ATVI gets back to what made THPS such an awesome game back in the day

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jon bones said:
why haven't they put THPS 1-4 on downloadable services yet :lol

Because that makes sense and money. And ATVI can't have that!

Xater

Haunted said:
Do we really need an |OT| for every shovelware title released?

Oh well. They should've bundled this with an additional snowboard peripheral, even bigger and more unwieldy than the last one. You know, totally going for broke and stuff.

Well at least it gives us a central place to laugh about the sales numbers should we get them. Oh right NPD doesn't do tha tanymore. Well we know how it bombed when it does not even appear in the top 10.

swoon

animlboogy said:
Isn't that the ore Toys For Bob made? Now I'm depressed.

(STAR CONTROL MOTHER FUCKERS)

oh god. i had no idea:

Star Control
Star Control II
The Horde
Pandemonium
Pandemonium 2

The Unholy War
Little Witching Mischiefs
102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Madagascar
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

:(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
swoon said:
:lol I read Retro Gamer every month and it's really sad to see what some of the great devs of the past are working on today. I'm talking shit that wouldn't even be mocked expressly it's so inconsequential.

Maybe I'm just a Dole-eyed optimist, but I do think iPhone gaming is an inroads back for a lot of these folks though (although even then they sometimes seem to churn out crap).

V_Ben said:
The game is out today. I totally forgot. Yay.

Seriously? Activision seems to have done everything possible to make sure people don't know about this game. You have to wonder why they even ok'd the games development.

swoon

AstroLad said:
:lol I read Retro Gamer every month and it's really sad to see what some of the great devs of the past are working on today. I'm talking shit that wouldn't even be mocked expressly it's so inconsequential.

Maybe I'm just a Dole-eyed optimist, but I do think iPhone gaming is an inroads back for a lot of these folks though (although even then they sometimes seem to churn out crap).
I don't even want to know now. I hope you are right, but from what I've played the app store hasn't produced anything like that early 90s shareware scene much less the strategy games I played then. My sadness about game dev story was amplified because I could almost taste that feeling again

TL4E

Didn't Mr. Hawk himself defend the last game after it received unanimously bad reviews?

Also this game came out today and its Wiki article is a whole one sentence long. That's when you know your game sucks. :lol

Altazor

I assume this thread is brought to us by Volcom... right?

a game so interesting I've repeated a joke already made on this thread... ._.

Boney

Banned
TL4E said:
Didn't Mr. Hawk himself defend the last game after it received unanimously bad reviews?

Also this game came out today and its Wiki article is a whole one sentence long. That's when you know your game sucks. :lol
I'm sure the spoke person for the game is gonna badmouth it.

KevinCow said:
I didn't even know this game existed until now.
It is really too bad this thread ruined it for you. You could have lived your whole life w/o know this.

So do we have any reviews yet?

Why did they make another when it bombed so bad? I guess they thought they could make it fly despite the thrashing it go last year?

At least DJ Hero 2 got good reviews . . . but that was all the more reason not to make another . . . the first got great review but still bombed. Why did they think it would sell the second time if it was already executed great but sold poorly?

SolidSnakex said:
I recognized that site name right off the bat. They were one of the sites that actually agreed to Activision's review requirements for RIDE. Those requirements were that they would give you from 12-3 on a Saturday to play the game and form your review.
*looks up their Ride review*

Tony Hawk: RIDE 2009-11-17 Sports 9.0
Tony Hawk: SHRED 2010-10-29 Sports 8.0

:lol

ithorien

I AM JOHN! said:
Also: everyone knows the best Tony Hawk was THPS4, don't front.

Fact. THUG was alright, but it was already a sight of a slippery slope.

Either way, this is all Activision's doing. Guitar Hero went to crap, Tony Hawk went to crap, CoD went to crap (lucky for them MP keeps it going), it's just a matter of time DJ Hero gets uberbad. If it wasn't for CoD MP and Blizzard, Activision would be where it belongs, trash.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Keyser Soze said:
I shall buy crates of this game soon, as it will be as rare as a sealed copy Earthbound in a few years time.

I shall be rich!
You have the supply side worked out ok, but have you forgotten about the demand?

Oh, that randomly reminds me, was it ever confirmed or not if Rock Revolution for the Wii ever shipped in North America? I know a few copies got shipped in Pal land.

webrunner

Is this numerically the biggest flop in the industry this year? I'd like to see a "least sold" list of actually in-stores-everywhere games.

Embarrassing for all involved.

Even Tony's twitter is like "where are all the reviews?". Maybe they just couldn't be bothered to review this POS.

Apparently Activision only bothered sending out review copies to sites that were positive about Ride.

Was gonna say something about Robomodo being next up on the chopping block, but I guess that already happened.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
webrunner said:
Is this numerically the biggest flop in the industry this year? I'd like to see a "least sold" list of actually in-stores-everywhere games.
I think so, the only thing I recall selling less was Japanese only Dreamcast games when a full list got published at one point.

Top Bottom