• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD |OT| LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADI... oh (28k)

SkylineRKR

Its absolutely there, and its rather hard on the eyes.

I 100% the Warehouse and after doing half off the School I just gave up. It doesn't feel right. Its too sloppy, too fast.. wall riding seems to be very difficult for whatever reason (bad collision detection I think).

Dreamcast owners have the last laugh here, it really had the best TH game. That, or TH3 on Ps2.

btkadams

I 100% the Warehouse and after doing half off the School I just gave up. It doesn't feel right. Its too sloppy, too fast.. wall riding seems to be very difficult for whatever reason (bad collision detection I think).

Dreamcast owners have the last laugh here, it really had the best TH game. That, or TH3 on Ps2.

i agree. i 100% the warehouse last night and feel the same. it's really choppy, fast, and hard to control. it just seems like it was slapped together.

Yeah, I just found this video on youtube, and it certainly looks like there is a lot of screen tearing in the Warehouse at the beginning. Sad to see the PS3 version turned out like this. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bVAesMV-_M

iTATvIglyUEBT.jpg

THPS2X on the OG XBOX is the definitive version of the first two games.

SkylineRKR

Sadly that one didn't hit Europe. Can't speak for that one.

The video reminds me, you can't see your goals at the pause menu. Its kinda annoying.

Georgious

Banned
I seriously don't remember how to play this game. I can barely pull off the points requirements for the levels. Either they changed some stuff around, or I really don't remember any of the mechanics. Really frustrating

It is the little things.

In the original game you could grind the entire back quarter pipe in Warehouse, jump, bounce off the wall and grind all the way back (well, most of the way). Now hitting the wall bails you.

I realize how pedantic this sounds-but there are enough changes like that which really alter the "feel" of the game.

I seriously don't remember how to play this game. I can barely pull off the points requirements for the levels. Either they changed some stuff around, or I really don't remember any of the mechanics. Really frustrating

I was the opposite. Muscle memory for the win.

SkylineRKR

I decided to stick with it and completed every goal in career. I have some brief moments of fun but this is really one inconsistent package.

It seems you can't access the ingame soundtrack. Also, with certain tricks... no explanation is given what the fuck it actually is. I bought the Casper, didn't work in the air. But apparently its a special manual trick. Had to look up the one normal trick for the tables in Marseille on the internet too. Wasn't listed afaik.

The old versions also had some snippet of a goal you still had to do, before the level started. That sometimes helped spotting the location a bit. Thats also gone. The map is an addition, but its rather fucking useless anyway.

As for the performance on Ps3, the Warehouse is the worst of all levels... lol. Well, Downhill Jam sucks too.

And for Robomodo, I think they suck. If i'm not mistaken the goals in Marseille have been added by them as that was a medal stage in the original game. The goals such as collecting SKATE are completely fucking terrible in this level. Hangar looks awesome and is the best level in this pack, but Venice looks like a turd.

Cudder

I'm enjoying this game. A lot. It's all I've been playing. I just have to complete all of the Projectives and I'll have my platinum.

It has definite hiccups. The framerate is unstable, and there are far too many instances of falling through the ground, but the control from the earlier games is all there, and it feels really good to play an old school THPS.

I'll be buying any level pack they throw out for this game. I'd also really love it if they patch in more tricks, like ones from THPS3+4 (Revert says hi)

NRezXBX

Neo Member
Just got this on Steam, downloading it now. I've been a big fan of the series since the first one, but I stopped buying them after Proving Ground in '07.

naib

So I fired up the Steam version yesterday and was so pissed I quit almost immediately. I figured there'd be some ini tweaks we could make, and I don't really care about MP. But are there at least online leaderboards? Didn't even look.

Nabs

So I fired up the Steam version yesterday and was so pissed I quit almost immediately. I figured there'd be some ini tweaks we could make, and I don't really care about MP. But are there at least online leaderboards? Didn't even look.

No online functionality.

Stallion posted how to get to the ini in the Steam thread:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD\THHDGame\Config

Open THHDengine.ini

ctrl-f "SystemSettings"

go to town

You can find things like Motion Blur, MSAA (MultiSample) and resolution. Stall rolls with 8xMSAA and no blur. It plays at 60fps and 1080p.

I don't get why they'd release it without a launcher at least. It shouldn't be hard to create something to edit a few ini settings.

Amory

I can't believe there's no multiplayer in the PC version. The game is pretty lackluster as it is, though I'm enjoying it for nostalgia's sake, but multiplayer seemed like the one redeeming factor.

I should've done research, I guess, and found out there was only a single player mode. But what can I say? I saw it on steam and clicked buy...

Very definition of half-assed.

naib

Okay. After some ini tweaking I'm no longer pissed off. Now I'm just baffled..
Looks and runs great!

360 controller works fine as well.

leca

Stallion posted how to get to the ini in the Steam thread:

You can find things like Motion Blur, MSAA (MultiSample) and resolution. Stall rolls with 8xMSAA and no blur. It plays at 60fps and 1080p.

I don't get why they'd release it without a launcher at least. It shouldn't be hard to create something to edit a few ini settings.

Thank you! :D

Been playing for about 1.5hours and im over halfway through the game. Jesus. Need that DLC content. Need multiplayer for PC : / Is there any info about why PC didn't get multi?

Changing to 1080p by editing the .ini file made the game look passable.

Does the console version have map editor etc or no?

Bread

Banned
Game looks great, but it won't recognize my 360 controller. The drivers were installed when I plugged it in, but there's no option in the game to switch to the controller...

RedSwirl

So what was wrong with Tony Hawk HD on Xbox?

What people have to change the ini to set resolution? What the hell happened?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm loving the PC version. The visuals are excellent and the game feels great.

No complaints here whatsoever.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man, I just watched the THPS3 level clips and I'm hyped. Do we have a release date for those? And is revert to manual going to be available in the 1/2 levels? I really don't care if that makes them "broken."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
At the 10$ launch price on PC, I'm thrilled with 7 levels and they actually included most of the maps I remember best. I'll happily drop another 5$ for 3 maps for THPS3.

Ainaurdur

Bought this last week on Steam. I have been enjoying getting back into the old THPS style. It was quite easy to slip back into, even with the slight differences.

First day I opened up the ini to get 1920x1080. Still need to go back in to edit a few other settings though.

I understand the complaints about the bails at the slightest mistakes, or even just random bails on nothing obvious. But oddly enough I just find myself wanting to try harder to avoid them and improve in spite of the glitches.

I am looking forward to the THPS3 DLC, so glad Airport is being included! Probably the first level I would think of when looking back at 3.

lowemark

The Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 HD Revert Pack (downloadable content for THPS HD) is coming to XBLA, PSN, and Steam on December 4th for $4.99. It includes legendary pro skaters Steve Caballero and Geoff Rowley, the Airport, LA, and Canada levels from THPS3, and of course the Revert move. But there is more: James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo from Metallica will be playable characters. Eye every objective, then kill em all!

http://t.co/5aTw4tnV

My PS3 downloaded a patch yesterday for the game. They already included the revert in the main game.

For real!? In every level? I've been too busy with WiiU, but lack of revert was my only real complaint.

Looking forward to the DLC, but upset they chose boring LA over Foundry or Tokyo.

Top Bottom