• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD |OT| LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADI... oh (28k)

MMaRsu

I got it working with a Ps3 controller and motionjoy

THPS3 that is on PC. You have to set it up as a 360 controller, then go into the THPS3 config and create a new profile in the controller options and set up your controller from there.. :)

Works like a charm!

S1kkZ

i really regret buying this. the more i play, the more i hate it. bad framerate, terrible physics, tons of glitches, lack of content (even for a 15$ title), dlc bullshit...

MMaRsu

they dont run on my pc. i still have the original copy of thps3 but it runs with 15 frames or so. on my old laptop it ran fine.

Oh come on dude what kind of PC do you have? I have a Pentium 4 from like 8/9 years ago and OK I do have 1gb ram and a decent videocard but my mobo and processor are shit and it runs great!

S1kkZ

Oh come on dude what kind of PC do you have? I have a Pentium 4 from like 8/9 years ago and OK I do have 1gb ram and a decent videocard but my mobo and processor are shit and it runs great!

core i5-480m, gt540m, 8 gb ddr3 ram, win7 64.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Since DLing 3 I've now got more levels than is included in this game... I've got School 1/2, Venice Beach, Warehouse, Downhill Jam, Hangar, plus all the awesome extra levels from 3.
I'd honestly recommend anyone doing that over playing this version. There's really no reason to given you can do all that. Though I guess that's only on PC, so.

Oil rig!

http://i.minus.com/ieEQLem0hFjPL.png[img][/QUOTE]

Where even sells 3 on PC?

i know it's running on pure nostalgia, but i bought the full version last night for 360. i justified it to myself by saying 'you can play this two players by doing it this way', as you're authorised to use it on the console you bought it on logged in as someone else, and on any other console as the person who bought it. we have a Gold family pack and two 360s in the house, so i do this a lot with DLC.

i'm still probably going to buy it on PC for 60 fps... but all this talk of THPS3 has me interested. where could i legally buy that from? want to weigh up my options.

S1kkZ

Ehh what, wanna trade pc's? lol

How could it not run on that beastly machine?

i think its the 64bit version of win7 that causes trouble. i have thps3, american wasteland and thug 2. all of them run like dogshit (even with low settings and resolution) and my controller doesnt work.

i think its the 64bit version of win7 that causes trouble. i have thps3, american wasteland and thug 2. all of them run like dogshit (even with low settings and resolution) and my controller doesnt work.

Have you tried other games? Sounds like drivers more than you having a 64bit OS.

Where even sells 3 on PC?

i know it's running on pure nostalgia, but i bought the full version last night for 360. i justified it to myself by saying 'you can play this two players by doing it this way', as you're authorised to use it on the console you bought it on logged in as someone else, and on any other console as the person who bought it. we have a Gold family pack and two 360s in the house, so i do this a lot with DLC.

i'm still probably going to buy it on PC for 60 fps... but all this talk of THPS3 has me interested. where could i legally buy that from? want to weigh up my options.

Maybe ebay? I'm not sure anymore but 2-3 years ago they did a cheapy reprint for it and you could find it easily for $5 or less. That's when I bought mine. It's a shame gog or someone doesn't have the rights for a download version.

I caved. It's not too bad. As others have mentioned the screen looks a bit cluttered. Not the biggest fan of the camera, doesn't seem quite right. On the whole its acceptable, though it could have been "god like" if they really wanted it to be.

Though with that said, I lost track of the time when I was playing which is always a good sign.

Cheddahz

Banned
Sorry that I brought something about downloading it, someone on the last page had mentioned that they had downloaded it, that's all

iNvid02

//BIG if a mod wanders in here you're going to get banned unless you edit your comment, and both those guys edit their quotes

SparkTR

I found some cheap copies on Amazon that are in jewel cases, does the game even run on Windows 7?

It runs fine on Windows 7, which isn't a surprise considering it was ported by Gearbox. It doesn't support Xinput which means 360 controller is out of the question, but it works perfectly with a DS3 with MotionnJoy. I found a few copies on Ebay for $7 as well.

//B1G

Banned
I don't even know what you guys are talking about, that was just skateboarder slang for GO BUY A COPY. psh obviously you're all posers

3Sixty

Played the hell out of this, 2nd game to ever get all the achievements on (Keeping fine company with Pac-Man:CE:DX).

Sure its not perfect but it still good, screw you Americans with access to 2X though, ordered a few of the Original xbox games anyway for some more fun.

could you do a spine transfer in THPS 1 & 2?
I don't believe i got into the games until THPS3 and the spine transfer was in that game.

well that's enough of that for tonight. 100% for tony hawk up to and including hangar. most of the same combos and lines work as well as before, so the physics can't be that different.

it's not as good as it could be, but it hits the right spot and i will more than likely pick up the first few DLC level packs. the TH3 one has three awesome levels in it. hopefully we'll see more levels from 1+2 added.

The Spine Transfer was introduced in THPS4.
and it's so much better than the revert ;) also added was being able to level out after coming off a quarter pipe.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
2 stupid projectives left. Going give them a break for a little while.

Currently in the top 50 on the overall leaderboard, which gives me the impression that not many people have finished this yet.

beanman25

Top 30 score on a couple of courses. I've got top 100 on all but Venice Beach as of right now. Having a great time trying to get better scores.

Cheddahz

Banned
391304_3976214537808_849373065_n.jpg

Just got all of the achievements in it, I feel like playing the career mode with Tony Hawk so I can unlock old-school Tony Hawk

daycru

Struggling to get through Downhill Jam, wish it was last in the career mode so I didn't have to bother with it.

EYEL1NER

As disappointed as I am with the game, I said I'd pick it up on sale. Well I found a guy selling it for $10, so I guess I'll be playing it tonight. Looking forward to it still, because it's still a THPS game.
I figure I'll play it all night and then probably play P8 or PG tomorrow.

AkuMifune

Banned
As disappointed as I am with the game, I said I'd pick it up on sale. Well I found a guy selling it for $10, so I guess I'll be playing it tonight. Looking forward to it still, because it's still a THPS game.
I figure I'll play it all night and then probably play P8 or PG tomorrow.

Where did you find that?

I've played the demo a dozen times. Still on the fence. Seems slightly jank, but also still lots of fun.

Will probably drunk buy it tonight.

EYEL1NER

Where did you find that?

I've played the demo a dozen times. Still on the fence. Seems slightly jank, but also still lots of fun.

Will probably drunk buy it tonight.
A couple people on CAG have had codes to sell or trade recently. Mostly trade though, which sucks since I typically never have stuff to trade. I expect to see more codes pop up after the weekend, after people have won contests and whatnot.

100% the main game with that person. I beat with Rodney Mullen and now he can wear a zip up jacket.

Damn. That is quite the demand to just unlock an outfit. Also seems silly as once you've completed the game with a skater, you're more likely to move on to other skaters, thus rendering additional outfits a lot less exciting.

Top Bottom