• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

So basically Dyack your going the Bell way? Whats GAF contribution to society you ask?!

P.S.: You could learn a thing or two about the hate Mass Effect got (and how Bioware handeld it)

Wonderdog

Big-E said:
I wonder if he will reply or not.

I'm betting he won't. When you're a publisher and the head of the developer of one of your games shoots his mouth off like this, people get angry on the corporate side. Very angry.

Roughmar

Denis Dyack! :O

I will be crucified here by probly everyone, but the picks I've seen make me remind of Hellgate.

I would usually be For 100% but this time I'll have to lay low and wait.

I'll pick it up, but am not hyped.

For. I highly doubt it'll suck, but I have the feeling that it won't live up to expectations. Still highly annoyed at the loss of four player co-op...so much so that I'll actually wait to see what a lot of people say about it once released.

Quazar

TheOddOne said:
So basically Dyack your going the Bell way? Whats GAF contribution to society you ask?!

P.S.: You could learn a thing or two about the hate Mass Effect got (and how Bioware handeld it)

Anyone who hates on ME should be banned from gaming.

pulga

Banned
Holy shit, epicness already achieved so early in the day?

You got cojones of titanium, Dyack.

Put me in for a "for".

Hilarious move by Dyack, now I'm for the game just because.
Francias Castiglione said:
For an internet forum that likes to think it is a focal point for the gaming community it certainly tolerates some ridiculous behaviour on the part of some of its members. For a developer to actually call them out on it doesn't strike me as petulant or childish. You only need to read some of the posts in this thread, or search for past Too Human threads to see how childish it is possible to be.
Truth.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I don't know.

I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET.

GET TO WORK, PUT A DEMO OUT AND LET YOUR GAME DO THE TALKING.

jeez.

EDIT: I kind of wish Miyamoto did the same thing here when everyone was bagging on Wii Fit. That would have been legendary.

Quazar said:

The poor combat, generic story, insignificant party interaction or the terrible sidequests are all legitimate reasons to hate that game. I'd imagine the majority who like it weren't around for BGII and Planescape.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Quazar said:

Drivin' mah Mako down another 5 mile hallway, pressin' that bottom right dialog option, gettin' another thousand duplicates of the same item with a different number at the end. 11/10, baby.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I just did a quick run through Dyack's previous posts, and I found it quite amusing. Didn't read too much of the content, but he has 203 posts on this site going back about two years, and I would estimate 4 of them don't have to do directly with threads about Too Human or threads about an interview he did. :lol

Bonus points for his posts in a "Is Too Human going to be the unhyped gem this Xmas?" thread from 2K6.

Dina

EviLore said:
Drivin' mah Mako down another 5 mile hallway, pressin' that bottom right dialog option, gettin' another thousand duplicates of the same item with a different number at the end. 11/10, baby.

Then again, it's custom to be hating on games down the road.

You make fair points (what about the inventory system? the elevators? the dialogue option which was dumbed down for release?), but ME did so many things perfectly right as well. 9/10, baby.

Quazar

Spirit of Jazz said:
The poor combat, generic story, insignificant party interaction or the terrible sidequests are all legitimate reasons to hate that game. I'd imagine the majority who like it weren't around for BGII and Planescape.

Comparing ME to BG2/Planescape is retarded. Need another decade to get over yourself ?

EviLore said:

Fair points, doesn't change what I said though. :)

Holy crap...you don't see this every day :lol

Instead of making a thread to further divide the community, he should have made a suggestion box instead. It would probably be a better idea.

But it's good to see the trolls being banned, since when did a head game developer actually post on a message board?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am "for" any game that is fun to play and provides a unique experience but I am "against" devs taking on message boards and challenging them to take a stand on a game that isn't even out yet. In some ways, it is like a child on the playground asking his friends to side with him but all we are talking about here is a popularity contest. Too Human is no different than any other pre-release game in that, on paper, it has a lot of promise. But the PR of a game, its development time, and the confrontational attitude of the game's developers and PR staff (see Lair) can ruin a game's mojo before it even releases.

angelfly

I'm definitely FOR as of now. The only thing that would change my mind would be a bad demo. The game looks like a lot of fun.

Baker

Banned
I will be for on two conditions:

1. The weapon trail effects get tweaked. They look way too rigid and take away from the animation.

2. At least 75% of your house starts working on Eternal Darkness 2 the day after Too Human goes gold.

GameGamer

Denis Dyack said:
So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I am For!

I will rent the game, and if I like it, I will buy it.

Alex

Ridiculous and utterly irrelevant (to me) internet bullshit aside, there are never enough good Diablo-likes, so I am hoping the developers confidence is a good sign.

Doc Evils

Phantom Flapjack said:
AGAINST!

I won't consider Too Human a success unless I'd rather play it than watch Lord of the Rings

jpv5kw.jpg

ego level 9000

I will give it a try for sure.

By that I mean I'm renting first and if I likey likey then I'll buy your game for sure. :D

BTW Denis when can we expect the sequel do you think? Would 2018 be too soon or too early? Mmm?

Desi said:
They should use the "For or Against" tagline in the commercials. Are you "For humanity or Against it" blah blah something about machine bodies.
I think "Too Human: ABOVE 90% IS UNREALISTIC BY TODAY'S REVIEW SCALES" would be a much better tagline

yggdrasil

AGAINST!

Prove to me why I shouldn't be next week at MIT, Denis, and you'll get my Blood Omen / Eternal Darkness fanboyism back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom