• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triz

Too Human is the only reason my third xbox refurb hasnt been sold on Craigs List. Dont prove me a fool anymore than I already am for sticking with this brand Dennis.

Quazar said:
Comparing ME to BG2/Planescape is retarded. Need another decade to get over yourself ?

How dare I compare western RPGs made by the same people? I mean unless I'm saying they decided to take the genre in the fucking wrong direction, and the calibre of their writing's diminished over the years. Which I am. Which in turn isn't an excuse which makes Mass Effect being a pile of shit because it's good for it's context. Especially when in all fairness it's not even good for it's context. It's a shit game in a shit genre.

I remain interested, although the 2-player co-op thing was a huge blow to my enthusiasm (what the hell?). I still hold out hope that this'll be not much worse than Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, though.

In other words, I'm still interested because I'll play and enjoy some pretty shitty Diablo-likes.

Mister Chef said:
BTW Denis when can we expect the sequel do you think? Would 2018 be too soon or too early? Mmm?

cold.jpg

Zenith

Banned
So it looks like Denis wussed out.

18 pages and still no clarification on how TH can be judged as a hit or miss. Set some guidelines and pony up some money for a bet. If you really believe TH is such a sure-fire hit then it should be easy money.

B-Ri

Against.

what i have seen hasnt looked good, the track record on how long this game has taken to come out hasnt looked good. The huge issues with epic have probably not faired well on game, dev time, ect (seeing how coop went from 4 to 2).

Im glad you are confident in your product, but by doing this you cant expect me to buy it cause you think its good. I cant REALLY realistically take a chance that im for or against it until i play it. Wheres the demo? cause i wont buy it without playing a demo first.

[Nintex]

So Denis have you counted the votes in this thread?

The OP should have updated data and I think you need to include sales to this bet thing too, especially considering Sales-Age.

Doc Evils

Mister Chef said:
I will give it a try for sure.

By that I mean I'm renting first and if I likey likey then I'll buy your game for sure. :D

BTW Denis when can we expect the sequel do you think? Would 2018 be too soon or too early? Mmm?

duuude.

Quazar

Spirit of Jazz said:
How dare I compare western RPGs made by the same people? I mean unless I'm saying they decided to take the genre in the fucking wrong direction, and the calibre of their writing's diminished over the years. Which I am. Which in turn isn't an excuse which makes Mass Effect being a pile of shit because it's good for it's context. Especially when in all fairness it's not even good for it's context. It's a shit game in a shit genre.

Spirit of bitterness. And seriously when was ME ever supposed to be a CRPG? Bioware doesn't owe you shit. You sound worse than FFVII remake fanboys. Go play through ToB again, maybe it'll make you chillax.

hclflow

How about we measure the game by all those Dyack has compared the philosophy of Too Human with. I say if Too Human's metacritic score is higher than average of Devil May Cry, Phantasy Star Online, Diablo and Double Dragon, the game must not suck!

YOU CAN EVEN USE THE 57 PERCENT THE 360 RE-RELEASE GOT

I'm leaning towards "Very Average" and looking forward to be "owned".

But honestly? The game just doesnt look great, it looks empty.

I think that means I'm "Against".

Quazar said:
Spirit of bitterness. And seriously when was ME ever supposed to be a CRPG? Bioware doesn't owe you shit. You sound worse than FFVII remake fanboys. Go play through ToB again, maybe it'll make you chillax.

Oh god, you can't tell me KotoR, JE, and ME aren't the "evolution" and adaption of CRPGs for console with a straight fact? I mean it's not like their share mechanics such as mission structure, party mechanics, loot, leveling etc...

Further still I never said Bioware owed me anything, I was simply saying Mass Effect was shit and why it was shit, you obviously think otherwise for some unknown reasons so I wonder why we're not getting along?

RiZ III

Working on MKvsDC (a game heavily trolled here), I'll say the following. This place and the internet in general are full of trolls and haters. Most people will bash a game to be funny or to join in a lynching, so I don't think you should really care what people on this forum or any other forum say Denis. Think about it, what game will not have people saying "o this is stupid/terrible/trash/etc."? Even the most highly acclaimed games are trolled. Of course it would be nice to have a positive response for a game you have worked on from the forum you have frequented for years, but understand people like to trash talk a game, so again, you should just focus on making a great game and then roll in the money when the game sells well. Good luck with Too Human. Looking great from what I have seen.

dmshaposv

I can't believe that you took the insults seriously, Denis. Why would you bet (that with something as childish as a tag!) for your game on a forum where people will never like you anyway.

You should've endured, fought back the insults by putting out a worthy demo. They baited and you fell for it.

Respect -1

syllogism

Quazar said:
Comparing ME to BG2/Planescape is retarded. Need another decade to get over yourself ?
It's not even on par with their other post BG2 rpgs. Quite sad, really.

Hell, there are NWN 1 modules with more engaging side quests than the best Mass Effect has to offer.

Onemic

Against, Against, Against.

The game simply doesn't look good. Whether talking about graphics, animations, or just straight up gameplay. It simply looks like another one of those 3D diablo II clones.

I am willing to bet that this game will not be AAA, as denis thinks it will be.

RiZ III

onemic said:
Against, Against, Against.

The game simply doesn't look good. Whether talking about graphics, animations, or just straight up gameplay. It simply looks like another one of those 3D diablo II clones.

I am willing to bet that this game will not be AAA, as denis thinks it will be.

Because you have thoroughly played the game and know more about it than him.

hclflow

RiZ III said:
Because you have thoroughly played the game and know more about it than him.

Yeah because Dyack is in no way, shape or form biased toward the game being successful. Nope. And there's no way in hell you can get the general vibe of a game from some gameplay videos, if not make a preliminary judgment on whether you'll be interested in it, or if you think it simply looks like shit. Nope. IT'S THE HIVE MIND MANNNNN

You're trying too hard.

Bit-Bit

Please hurry up and ship Too Human and get started on Eternal Darkness as soon as you can. Put it on Wii so that development can be quick.

Onemic

RiZ III said:
No, but onemic is so sure of what he is saying without ever having played the game.

You can have a general idea of the quality of a product after seeing a shit ton of videos and previews. The graphics aren't that good and same goes with the animations, I can't expect both of these to be improved by the time August rolls out. And from what I've seen of the core gameplay, it simply doesn't look that fun.

How do you think most people on GAF were able to predict alone in the dark being so shitty, and the parts that would probably cause the most concern?

Zenith said:
So it looks like Denis wussed out.

18 pages and still no clarification on how TH can be judged as a hit or miss. Set some guidelines and pony up some money for a bet. If you really believe TH is such a sure-fire hit then it should be easy money.

Yea what a wimp, he cant take 2 hours to read through this topic because he is too busy overseeing the entire production of a $80 Million game, its just too bad he doesn't have the time you do to sit in front of the computer all day bashing something you've never played

RiZ III

hclflow said:
Yeah because Dyack is in no way, shape or form biased toward the game being successful. Nope. And there's no way in hell you can get the general vibe of a game from some gameplay videos, if not make a preliminary judgment on whether you'll be interested in it, or if you think it simply looks like shit. Nope. IT'S THE HIVE MIND MANNNNN

You're trying too hard.

Of course Dyack is biased. I never said he wasn't. There have been many times where I thought a game looked like crap or boring but after playing it I thought it was awesome. Most recently Lost Planet. All I am saying is that trashing a game without ever playing it is stupid.

BigDFresh

For

Can't wait...GAF makes me sad sometimes. I love devs that are really engaged in the community. I think the biggest mistake made during the dev cycle of this game was showing it to early and many just can't let that go.

Something to think about...What would the vast majority of GAF said to a dev from DMC4 - Heavenly Sword - Mass Effect - Bioshock coming out a couple months before their game released and asking something similar? You think we would have seen some of these "so sad" comments?

Denis may have deserved some of the flack he's gotten but for fucks sake this has gone on long enough...Many on GAF have been crucifying this guy for over a year now every chance they get.

Shins

Banned
BigDFresh said:
Something to think about...What would the vast majority of GAF said to a dev from DMC4 - Heavenly Sword - Mass Effect - Bioshock coming out a couple months before their game released and asking something similar? You think we would have seen some of these "so sad" comments?
It wouldn't happen. But if it did, sure.

hclflow

RiZ III said:
Of course Dyack is biased. I never said he wasn't. There have been many times where I thought a game looked like crap or boring but after playing it I thought it was awesome. Most recently Lost Planet. All I am saying is that trashing a game without ever playing it is stupid.

So how was onemic doing anything more than making a passing observation that he thinks Too Human looks like crap? That's "trashing" it?

I know you're just going to bat for a fellow developer, but really.

Nolan.

RiZ III said:
No, but onemic is so sure of what he is saying without ever having played the game.

And some people are so sure it's really, really, really briliant without playing it.

Oh art and level design will be very important as well.

I'm seen some fantastic things in this game, but then there are other things that I definitely need to see more of.

I think I remember it being said, although it wasn't with these exact words, that it isn't just the spoken word that should tell a story, but the art should as well and I hope to see that really come through in the game.

That's another one of the major reasons I'm interested in this game.

I do kinda get the feeling though, people that clearly don't like it, wont give 2 craps about what any very positive review says about it anyway right? So isn't it also a possibility that even after release we'd be right back where we all started?

Let's say we have 5 reviews that gave it a 90 and the one review that gave it a 72. Everyone that already didn't like it is clearly going to pay more attention to give more credibility to the negative review.

So I have one question very important question.

Are the people who are currently against it, plan to remain entirely against this game regardless of the final game's quality or the general consensus among reviewers?

Will you judge the game based on the final product or will you judge the game based on your dislike of Denis Dyack?

Nolan I don't think I've ever seen anyone say it's brilliant without ever playing it. There are people who have high hopes for it and don't think it will be the big pile of trash some are expecting it to be. This, however, doesn't stop everyone from assuming Metal Gear Solid 4 will be brilliant without playing it, which it is :D

Still, you get the point. There are many games for which people will be saying how it's going to be great without ever playing it and this isn't solely limited to big sequels like Metal Gear Solid 4 so I don't see how Too Human is any different.

Onemic

RiZ III said:

Since when is saying a game in its current form doesn't look as great as a dev is hyping it up to be trashing it?

I'm just saying that from the things I've seen TH doesn't look too hot. If it actually is fuck awesome, then better for me, as I'll buy it day one.

Quazar

Yea, we're to evolutionize CRPGs on consoles.
-Bioware

The fucking logic kills me. Not my fault you guys hype yourselves up. Move with the times. Dragon Age is upon us.

I win in the end because I've found ME just as enjoyable/fulfilled as BG2/Tob.(Well not quite....just in different ways) Money well spent.

As for the OP, I'm for TH, but doesn't mean I'll buy it yet. :p

edit: as for KOTOR no thanks. JE was better than KOTOR to me, the IP has some potential. NWN never really got into, so can't say sorry syl. MMOs kept me a little busy back then.

onemic said:
Since when is saying a game in its current form doesn't look as great as a dev is hyping it up to be trashing it?

I'm just saying that from the things I've seen TH doesn't look too hot. If it actually is fuck awesome, then better for me, as I'll buy it day one.

Nothing wrong with that at all, but there are those that assume that the game will suck in every possible way that a game can suck.

DGaio

I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm curious whats the purpose of this thread? Was this really necessary? This is for what? Hype pump up? Don't get me wrong, from what has been showned the game looks average (in my opinion), but this "throw marketing sand into your eyes" kind of tactic in a gaming forum is getting rediculous, because you glorify the game to much, to a point its getting a little overdone (making me wonder if your even sure or believe the game is going to be above average as you imply).

RiZ III

onemic said:

Point taken.

You came of as one of the people in the "those that assume that the game will suck in every possible way that a game can suck." But I guess I read you wrong.

Onemic

RiZ III said:
Point taken.

You came of as one of the people in the "those that assume that the game will suck in every possible way that a game can suck." But I guess I read you wrong.

Well Denis wanted us to either be for or against the game, so I couldn't act as though I was neutral in my against post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom