• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

eznark

Banned
Danthrax said:
For people still hunting for the game: Have you tried Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart always has games when they come out.

I live in the People' Republic of Boston...no Wal Mart's allowed.

A few Best Buy's in the area do have it though, so I may go get it tonight yet

Snaku said:
So if one were to go to Toys R Us, and buy a $60 360 game & Too Human at $25 under their buy one get second half off deal; would one be able to return the $60 game and keep their $25 copy of Too Human?

Too Human is no longer part of the sale, according to the website.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
eznark said:
I live in the People' Republic of Boston...no Wal Mart's allowed.

A few Best Buy's in the area do have it though, so I may go get it tonight yet

There are seriously no Wal-Marts in Boston? That boggles my mind considering there's one on every streetcorner in northern Ohio.

Snaku said:
It is in-store.

Cool.

I have no idea if you could return the more expensive game and keep the $25 Too Human. If you can then I'll go to Toys R' Us tomorrow and go through with the sale. Then a few days from now return it.

Danthrax said:
There are seriously no Wal-Marts in Boston? That boggles my mind considering there's one on every streetcorner in northern Ohio.

boston is a superior town. I don't think there's a single wal-mart in Vermont either, the crazy hippies.

bigdaddygamebot said:
the cyberscape drags a bit (and by a bit, I mean alot) but that's my ONLY complaint so far.

Actually...one other one.

No in-game screenshots.

I swear, every cyberspace, all I can think of is "Force Push The Doo Doo Rock".

Mifune

Mehmber
Yeah, cyberspace is a drag. I thought the devs had said that was where you could find all the optional backstory. Wonder what happened to that.

Game is really addictive though. I had to force myself to quit after three and a half hours.

Killed the first boss without dying and got an achievement for it. Woo!

The second level was kicking my ass HARD.

Mifune

Mehmber
BenjaminBirdie said:
Also. Pre-Order Armor is crazy hype so far.

So. Runes. Anyone got a quick walkthrough?

I haven't messed around with them too much yet. Sorry.

And I agree about the pre-order armor. Huge boost to start out with that.

"I haven't messed around with them too much yet. Sorry.

And I agree about the pre-order armor. Huge boost to start out with that."

Is it worthwhile later on? I'm lvl 10 and I forgot to redeem my code this whole time.

FoeHammer

BenjaminBirdie said:
Also. Pre-Order Armor is crazy hype so far.

So. Runes. Anyone got a quick walkthrough?

The preorder armor is indeed badass. I'm at level 10 and I am just now starting to find some better armor.

The runes are a mystery to me as well. I assume you just keep two active until you do the required tasks, but maybe it's better to swap them around a lot.

FoeHammer said:
The preorder armor is indeed badass. I'm at level 10 and I am just now starting to find some better armor.

The runes are a mystery to me as well. I assume you just keep two active until you do the required tasks, but maybe it's better to swap them around a lot.

So charms only appear available after you insert a rune into something?

Also, Step Brothers fans, my Berserker's name is Brennan.

I like to imagine he's sleepwalking.

:D

(It's the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer.)

FoeHammer

BenjaminBirdie said:

I still haven't seen Step Brothers. Blasphemy, I know.

I'm still not sure about the runes. Maybe I'll run up to Gamestop at lunch and peruse the strategy guide.

SPEA

BenjaminBirdie said:

(It's the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer.)
I could be wrong. But here is my understanding of charms. A charm only starts 'working' when you insert all of the required runes in it and complete the quest associated with that charm. Like I said, don't hold me to that though.

Maybe Denis can clarify....Oh....wait.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just got home with my copy. It's been a really long fucking day in the office, so I think I might just chill out a bit with another game and save this one for tomorrow.

Lebron

heh, they weren't kidding about replaying old dungeons again and seeing them swarmed with enemies. Replayed the first level again but this time there were sucka's EVERYWHERE! From the moment you enter the first section, which had no enemies 1st time through, place is crawling with them. Just big o'l Trolls like "Oh Yeah, sucka!" when you walk only a few feet ahead:lol

also, they threw in a little mini maze in one of the sections that wasn't there the 1st time. Got 2 Oranges drops from inside that thing :)

SPEA

Ok just checked the Charm stuff up over at TH.net. I was right in my previous post.

Credit to ssjtrunks13:
Charms: complete the quest and for level 1 charms need to insert runes with the same symbols on the charm, rune effect is lost, and level 2 and 3 charms require charms of a lower level inserted into them instead of runes

Runes: Hit X on an equipped Charm or any weapon or armor piece and it will show you all the runes you have. Runes that cannot be used will have a Lock symbol over them, just like the equipment you can't equip due to level restraints. Each Rune effect has a cap, of which you can see in the description of the rune.

Color runes do not take up an empty slot, every other rune takes up a slot in armor and weapons so cannot be inserted to something without a Free Slot.
http://toohuman.net/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=69765&catid=2#msg69765

eznark

Banned
2782159619_4a5461d82d.jpg

YEAH!

I had alot of fun with the demo once I figured it all out. Went to the local GS and they were sold out. Ill swing by a blockbuster later tonite and try to rent it.

Charms: complete the quest and for level 1 charms need to insert runes with the same symbols on the charm, rune effect is lost, and level 2 and 3 charms require charms of a lower level inserted into them instead of runes

See, I just really don't understand what the first part of this means.

What quest? And runes with the same symbol as the charm or two runes with identical symbols?

eznark

Banned
the best buy I went to was pretty picked clean as well. Hopefully this thing sells a shit load and we actually get the trilogy...and maybe some dlc

Xamdou

Got my copy and been playing it for a couple of hours now and I must say if it weren't for the pre-order bonus armor I would have died a whole lot of times :lol

But once I got into the groove of the game-play it grew on me and the game is tons of fun.

BTw How do I use runes on my weapons and armor???

Spruchy

Snaku said:
So if one were to go to Toys R Us, and buy a $60 360 game & Too Human at $25 under their buy one get second half off deal; would one be able to return the $60 game and keep their $25 copy of Too Human?

That's exactly what I did except some guy at CAG swears im a liar and says this should be impossible.

Mifune

Mehmber
BB, the quest is listed on the stats page for the charm. It will be something like "Kill 300 goblins" or "300 Ruiner Kills".

I believe that once you complete those tasks (they're not really quests) then the charm is active and you need to insert the appropriate runes.

Phthisis

Charms have two things you must do to make them active:

1. Fulfill the requirements (kill x number of enemies, find x number of hidden areas, etc.)

2. Fill in each rune slot on the charm with a rune of the appropriate type. As far as I can tell, the effect of the rune you use doesn't matter, just as long as you completely fill in every type of rune on the charm.

Once you've done both of those things, your charm becomes active and gives you the bonus effect.

Just finished up the 2nd level. I'm at level 18 right now. It took me about 7 hours to complete the game up to this point. This game is a lot of fun - can't wait for co-op! I have a couple minor quibbles (annoying menu sounds, occasional camera hiccups, cyberspace being slow, etc...), but in general it's pretty cool. :D

Cornballer said:
Just finished up the 2nd level. I'm at level 18 right now. It took me about 7 hours to complete the game up to this point. This game is a lot of fun - can't wait for co-op! I have a couple minor quibbles (annoying menu sounds, occasional camera hiccups, cyberspace being slow, etc...), but in general it's pretty cool. :D

what class are you?

i'm level 20, berserker, and i cannot get through level 2 to save my fucking life. i've died at least 40 times since i started level 2. at least. a lot of it at first was just doing stupid shit but 4 trolls bunched up close together....ugh so annoying.

Lebron

xS1TH L0RDx said:
what class are you?

i'm level 20, berserker, and i cannot get through level 2 to save my fucking life. i've died at least 40 times since i started level 2. at least. a lot of it at first was just doing stupid shit but 4 trolls bunched up close together....ugh so annoying.
Yeah, level 2 was hard in the beginning. There's this one section where I think there were like 3 or 4 trolls and a ass load of elves. I was like, "OH WTFBATMAN IS THIS?!!" I must have died 5 times there alone. Granted, after that I didn't die anymore. Maybe that's due to me getting better gear. I had some purple blueprints but couldn't get to use all of them due to low money or low level, but I eventually got them all and I was kicking ass after that.

I'm a defender btw. I was like level 18(close to 19) when I completed it.

How do you replay the first level?
go to the world map in Asgard and it'll let you select it through that. "teleport option" I believe it is. Sorry, not at home to check exactly.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
funkmastergeneral said:
boston is a superior town. I don't think there's a single wal-mart in Vermont either, the crazy hippies.

oh dont even START with me. >-(

....im a cleveland sports fan. ¬_¬

Wizman23

Banned
Fuck the Haters this game is fucking awesome! Been playing 4 hours straight. I'm somewhere in level 2 with a level 15 Berserker. One more thing.....this game is HARD!! I die a shit ton.

Haklong

xS1TH L0RDx said:
haha he is right tho. Boston > all. And Vermont does indeed suck. (New Hampshire here, not that that's much bettter...)

Cool, I'm also in NH but have a business in Boston.

So far I'm enjoying the game. Time to get back to it.

uhhh, there's no way to travel to aesir and then travel directly back to where you were in the level is there? (i need a hearthstone, nao.)

Haklong said:
Cool, I'm also in NH but have a business in Boston.

I'm in portsmouth

Wizman23 said:
Fuck the Haters this game is fucking awesome! Been playing 4 hours straight. I'm somewhere in level 2 with a level 15 Berserker. One more thing.....this game is HARD!! I die a shit ton.

yeah, maybe i should've chosen a more balanced class my first go-thru. i'm dying way too much.

Haklong

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm in NH as well and hate the fucking place.

Yeah, NH has nothing to do but I got a great house there for much less than I would be able to in MA. I'm right in Pelham so it's still easy to go back and forth from MA and NH.

Mifune said:
BB, the quest is listed on the stats page for the charm. It will be something like "Kill 300 goblins" or "300 Ruiner Kills".

I believe that once you complete those tasks (they're not really quests) then the charm is active and you need to insert the appropriate runes.

Ah, okay. And those have their own "Trigger Page" like Runes and Weapons and Armor?

"go to the world map in Asgard and it'll let you select it through that. "teleport option" I believe it is. Sorry, not at home to check exactly."

Thanks, I didn't realize you could press X on the map which brings up the teleport menu. :D

Top Bottom