• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

one definitive choice, after you press A or Y depending on what path you want to follow, it says that your decision can't be un-done.

edit: holy shit @ armor & rune store. definitely not using the preorder armor anymore :p

edit again: and i now have access to my alignment tree!

man, i knew i was going to love this, but this shit is waaaaaay better than i thought it was going to be. already tied with mgs4 for my goty.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
one definitive choice, after you press A or Y depending on what path you want to follow, it says that your decision can't be un-done.

edit: holy shit @ armor & rune store. definitely not using the preorder armor anymore :p

edit again: and i now have access to my alignment tree!

man, i knew i was going to love this, but this shit is waaaaaay better than i thought it was going to be. already tied with mgs4 for my goty.

Awesome dude. I didn't think I could get a bigger bonner for this game then I already had but you just got my chub up to an 11!

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Awesome dude. I didn't think I could get a bigger bonner for this game then I already had but you just got my chub up to an 11!

...just wait till you get to Tyr's workshop, there's some AWESOME stuff in there. lining the halls are weapons on display, and there is one 2h sword i see that i absolutely must have. it is my quest to own that sword, it looks fucking legendary. I think I might head back to my game shop after a bit and pick up that guide, something I should've done when I was there this morning.

I'm definitely going to be playing the shit out of this for a while.

/bow Silicon Knights

xS1TH L0RDx said:
...just wait till you get to Tyr's workshop, there's some AWESOME stuff in there. lining the halls are weapons on display, and there is one 2h sword i see that i absolutely must have. it is my quest to own that sword, it looks fucking legendary. I think I might head back to my game shop after a bit and pick up that guide, something I should've done when I was there this morning.

I'm definitely going to be playing the shit out of this for a while.

/bow Silicon Knights

Well I'm glad to know people are appreciating the game. So many people focus on the negatives in so many games. Sure nothing is perfect. Unfortunatly all gamers now adays put everything on a pedastal, and if it isn't good enough to be that high... it isn't good at all. :(

Anyways... I can't wait to see this two handed sword. I was thinking of going for two handed swords myself and so I'm wondering If I'll spot the same one your seeing.

Raide said:
Need moar pictures!! :D

First off, my apologies for the pretty terrible quality. I took these in a rush so I could get back to the game. Hope you understand :)

Here's my toon so far:

2780941149_80e58d7f74.jpg

2780941357_363a6374b2.jpg

I took the second one @ an angle on my tv, that's why it looks a bit wierd. I'll go through and do more later and try to get a decent pic out.

Everyone should take a quick shot or two of their toon!

ringlord

Game in hand!

... too bad I won't be able to play until about 11pm. :(

edit: oh, and my gamestop had about 12-15 copies sitting behind the counter on hold for pre-orders.

not sure if this is known info, but when you visit a shop, there's the microsoft points logo, and that' for downloadable weapons and armor and stuff. I'm interested in seeing what they put out for dlc.

grendelrt

Picked up at Best Buy they had it in the back. I will probably want to play online around 8pm est if anyone is up for it. Live : grendelrt

CPaladino

Xbox Community Team
ringlord said:
Any idea what the "Equipment State" boost does?
State is like durability. If it hits "0" the item is broken (turns red and is unusable). Boost just adds maximum durability.

The helm I'm wearing is actually not the epic (my current one is on the bottom, the orange).

The epic looks like a tiny monacle.

With all the bad press it's gotten...I was really having to expect to make excuses to myself.

Not once.

I'm really, REALLY enjoying the game.

Dyack might have been banned but for anyone else at Silicon Knights that might be checking out this thread...thank you.

Oh...and I had an item that was +36% to "Soothing"?

That a bio-engineer skill?

I love the detail put into the gear...wow. When the game goes on display mode and rotates around Balder and pans up and down. ALSO...I love the valkyries coming down to pick up the rank and file during the middle of fights.

I had convinced myself that I would pass on this game and grab it down the line. Reading the comments in here though is making that very hard. I really enjoyed the demo, and now I'm thinking I might need to pick this game up... tonight!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
you. Know, I'm at work, not very human in here so im left to wonder about it. I realized something about the "too much loot" complaint in a few of the reviews.

In pretty much every other game like this, crawlers or mmo's and the like, there are usually only 5 rarity levels max. Take Titan Quest, which has 5:

White
yellow
green
blue
purple

In too human though there are 6:

White
green
blue
purple
orange
red

After my time last night I realized that blue drops, which for a while now I have thought to be "rare" lvl drops, are not in too human. They are more like the yellow lvl drops in Titan quest. You don't get white drops ever in too human really. Maybe people are seeing all the blue drops they are getting and stopping to check all the time when in another game its something they would have left on the ground.

The game pops up all ur pickups on the screen, so I don't even check unless I see a item I've been looking for. I leave auto salvage at blue lvl now too so I'm not flooded with crap to sort through.

Raide

_tetsuo_ said:
The game pops up all ur pickups on the screen, so I don't even check unless I see a item I've been looking for. I leave auto salvage at blue lvl now too so I'm not flooded with crap to sort through.

I know people are moaning about the amount of loot in Too Human and the fact you have to keep replacing your gear, but does it seem like the Salvage option is there to actually prevent too much useless gear? The game actually helps you cut down on unnecessary gear but I will keep keeping a close eye on my gear so I can transfer good stuff to my friends/alt characters. :D

Looking at this from a Diablo and WoW point of view, everyone that plays/will play Too Human knows it is not about 1 - 49, its all about lvl 50 and all of the epic runes, amour and weapons you can get. People actually complain about too much variety in a game? Yikes! :lol

Give me more stuff SK!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I can't edit my post because of iPhone, but Titan quest actually does have reds. Still, my years of thinking blue= rare doesnt hold true to this game like it does in others.

Stantron

VaLiancY said:
The press and other media seriously need to stop saying that "It took them ten years...."

Anyway, I'm about to go get my copy. See you hoes in Midgard.
Agreed.

Got my copy. Human Defender! I'll be playing SP till I beat it.

Level 16 now, may character looks sooooooo much cooler than the pics i posted earlier, still loving the game. there were a couple of you, i think tetsuo was one of them, that was saying that area 2 is pretty tough, and you guys weren't kidding.

it's a total blast though. the more i play it the more i love it. i cannot wait to try out co-op, but single player is just so damn fun.

Some of the dialogue from your comrades made me chuckle a bit:

"I want to go home to my wife..."
"I want to go home to your wife, too!"

:p

I keep switching back and fourth between a 2h sword or dual swords, and i've respec'd once. I'm debating on doing it again. And I'm starting to use my spider a lot more, something I actually didn't do once in the demo.

Another thing too that I saw a lot of people unhappy with in the demo, is the whole "no penalty for death" thing. Perhaps it's just because I'm playing as a Berserker, but I get wicked pissed when I die because I lose my combo meter :-\

Finally, I'm still admittedly not that far into it, but it's crystal clear that I'm definitely playing a different game than the reviewers. Hope everyone that's playing it and is waiting to pick up their copy enjoys this as much as I am.

eznark

Banned
never once have I gone to a Best Buy on the release day of a big game and walked out without one, save NBA Jam for the SNES and Wii Fit.

Top Bottom