• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Oozer3993

As I soldier my way to a Level 50 Berserker (I'm at 42 right now), a couple questions have popped into my brain:

1. What does a Battle Cry cost? Is it -1 from the Combo Meter? I never really pay attention when I use mine (which, because I'm not bright, is like, never lol).
2. When it says Status Effect Duration +14% or what have you for a rune, is that status effects I inflict on enemies, or is that off ones that are inflicted on me?
3. Are there Red runes? I've seen blue, purple and orange.
4. How many times can you respec your skill trees and does the cost go up for subsequent times?
5. Do red items fall more often when you reach 50?

I'm thinking of putting together a Boss guide, with their vulnerabilities and frequent item drops and such. If anyone has any good info about the bosses, do share :D

fin

Just got the LVL50 Stave "Mercygiver of Fallen Kings"

It's the blue Stave on the wall in the weapon shop beside the orange sword.

dexterslu

pretty awesome article over on multiplayer.

Stephen Totilo interviews the guys from the day-to-day scene of too human.

Highlight
"The public perception of what “Too Human” was I don’t think scratched the surface of what was really going on here internally."

FrankT

Just learned something called conveyer runs. Guy said he got a couple of his set pieces there. One run here and Epic duel wield swords dropped. :D

Anyhow whoever that was earlier looking for Epic swords for there Human Berserker from what I'm reading they are only for Cybernetic Berserkers, which from the two I've found that s correct so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jtyettis said:
Just learned something called conveyer runs. Guy said he got a couple of his set pieces there. One run here and Epic duel wield swords dropped. :D

Anyhow whoever that was earlier looking for Epic swords for there Human Berserker from what I'm reading they are only for Cybernetic Berserkers, which from the two I've found that s correct so far.

do tell about these conveyor runs...

FrankT

_tetsuo_ said:
do tell about these conveyor runs...

The conveyers in world 3 there are a bunch of Elites in there that is where I got my drop just now and where he got his set pieces. Rinse and repeat just reloading the section starting at 3-4 IIRC.

Phthisis

If someone can lend me 1.4 million bounty in the next 20 minutes, I'll give you the epic one handed human hammer that's on the wall in the weapon shop (big hammer, looks like lava is coming out of the pounding end; it's in that very first pair of weapons when you first walk in). Over 2200 damage, lvl 49.

The reason for this is that my class and alignment specific hammer/shield is in the shop right now and I don't have enough money for it. If I turn off the game, there's no guaranteeing it will ever come back. Please, someone.

PLEASE!

My gamertag is Justegarde and I am a freeloader :lol

I really can't believe all the shit this game has gotten, I'm completely with Kevin Pereira on this one... You feel like a bad ass, but more importantly, it's so damn fun. Sure there's a lot of flaws, but what game is completely without flaws? I'm having a lot of fun and that's all that matters. Anyone on the fence about this game should give it a shot, and anyone who hasn't tried it should at least give the demo a few runs. It seems like for every thing thats done poorly, theres something thats done excellently.

I forgot my point, and I'm a bit drunk... Enjoy it GAF, I'm glad theres a lot of us who didn't give into the anti-hype.

LukeSmith

Simpleton question:
I'm a Defender: +Aggression gear is something I want, right? It allows me to generate more threat and have more enemies attack me?

Or am I doing it wrong and I should be getting Soothing?

Phthisis

LukeSmith said:
Simpleton question:
I'm a Defender: +Aggression gear is something I want, right? It allows me to generate more threat and have more enemies attack me?

Or am I doing it wrong and I should be getting Soothing?

You want aggression as a defender.

fin

The music it makes when you pick up an epic is the shat!

Me and my buddy were running through the Ice Forest, I see I got some red boots. So I yell.

ME: I GOT RED BOOTS, RED BOOTS!
HIM: sweet what for
ME: Cybernitic, bezerker.
HIM: That's me!

So ya I got Epic red boots for a cyber-zerker and I'm a human-champion. I sold it to him...:(

Phthisis

LukeSmith said:
Aside from Resistances and Armor and health are there any other core stats I should be focusing on with runing my gear? Things are so vague

I'm a big fan of salvage bonus and loot drop boosts if you have spare slots free. I also went with attack speed up runes because defenders swing slooooooooooow as hell.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
just ran HoH with sushi, and i got my first red drop! lvl 29 hammer, prolly gonna give it to my defender or bio engineer. red drop music is crazy lol.

fin

LukeSmith said:
Things are so vague

I hear ya.

What some of the enemies do, and what their status effects are needs to be documented somewhere. Not to mention all the +%'s in the game. WTF is Enthalpy Drain?

What level is your Defender at?

LukeSmith

fin said:
I hear ya.

What some of the enemies do, and what their status effects are needs to be documented somewhere. Not to mention all the +%'s in the game. WTF is Enthalpy Drain?

What level is your Defender at?

Level 28. Only been playing Co-op so far, tonight started campaign, currently about to start Ice Forest.

Grecco said:
I dont get the chalenge rooms. I kill every baddy under the time limit but the seccond pillar still doesnt light up. :(

One pillar is the boobie-prize for if you survive but blow the timer.

The OTHER pillar is the mondo-uber-prize if you hit the timer.

Although it depends on what Challenge Room you're in. What level?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Grecco said:
I dont get the chalenge rooms. I kill every baddy under the time limit but the seccond pillar still doesnt light up. :(

the 2nd pillar is for if you dont beat the time limit. the "runner-up" prize, kinda

fin

LukeSmith said:
Level 28. Only been playing Co-op so far, tonight started campaign, currently about to start Ice Forest.

Ice Forest can be such a bitch sometimes. Think Cortana in Halo 3, fun but difficult. Try to stick close to your character level for coop.

bathala

Banned
Grecco said:
wait they r suppose to light up at the same time? i thought one lights up if u do it under the time and another only lights up if u go over.

LukeSmith said:
ice forest was a pain when i was a Commando (aiming doesn't help especially for the boss), but i replayed the stage as BioEngineer and died once on that stage. Also finish one of the secret arena.

Lebron

how do you get level 2, 3 charms? Do they drop, or do you have to complete a certain number of level 1 charms before they start dropping?

goldenpp72

Lebron said:
how do you get level 2, 3 charms? Do they drop, or do you have to complete a certain number of level 1 charms before they start dropping?

As you level up they become more frequent drops, but they only more or less drop from those ovalice things (and in the cyberspace wells)

at level 50 I found like 4 or 5 of them pretty fast, level 3s that is.

PSGames

LukeSmith said:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how interesting the setting and story are. I know I was.

Lebron

goldenpp72 said:
As you level up they become more frequent drops, but they only more or less drop from those ovalice things (and in the cyberspace wells)

at level 50 I found like 4 or 5 of them pretty fast, level 3s that is.
ah I see, thanks. Weird, I'm level 48, but the level 1 charms only seem to drop for me :/

Zertez

To complete lvl 3 plus charms, do the charms that needed to be stuck into the slots be finished? Can you use charms that arent not finished yet?

FrankT

Haha, just got my fourth epic of the night. A very nice one indeed. Epic Rune with +15% Loot Drop Chance. :D

That opens up a lot of possibilites now as I do not have to spread my loot drop percentage around armor pieces so much.

Conveyer runs are where it's at. :D

fin said:
Just got the 'XABR-l337 Experimental Battle Rifle'

It's totally like whoa...seriously.

Werd that was the red gun I had too. Not exactly that powerful but they look awesome.

Also Lukems, find Runes or Charms that increase Total Armor and try to find the highest %, equip those in your charm spots. Stack Defense and Aggro runes into empty armor/weapon slots, and finally get down to the bottom skill for the second skill tree (it has a + symbol dunno the name) so you get Combo very fast this allows you to use ruiners constantly when you are getting swarmed which should happen constantly with the aggro.

there are times when you are playing this game and it's like "hey this is awesome".

and then you die 5 times in 3 minutes and it's like "fuck you dyack".

dying seriously wouldn't be bad without that fucking animation. it's like it was taylor made to fucking piss you off and make you want to kill a commie.

bathala

Banned
not sure if this was brought up,

but for the charms that require to activate via Well activation. u can just save and exit and Load the game again. Approach the same well and still be added as new

yah its cheap :D

TemplaerDude said:
"fuck you dyack".
i say that when my fucking rifle is shooting empty space while 3 dark elves are surrounding me.

Zertez

Red charm just dropped for me. Think it is the same one posted in the video earlier in the thread. Epic Strange Attractor Field. Now I just need to break open 300 containers and finish the lvl 3 charms.

Top Bottom