• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my commentary about it is on twitter already but my gist is I don't get the appeal of this market it seems to be for a very small subset of people who don't have tvs, cable provider set top boxes, phones, computers, tablets, game consoles that don't already do most of those things. Next it's not really priced differently from competitors. Basically the biggest appeal of this is the games for which I don't actually think I've seen a market that wants "phone games " on tv and "indie games" can already be found on consoles and pcs. I the end I will be happy there are more platforms for games and chances for more developers to get their games out there but I just don't "get" it.

ToonamiGAF i'm employed

Also I get sundays off! Long Live TOM

tumblr_inline_mr2bjh1puq1qz4rgp.gif

Seda

Psh, absolution lookin' sexy on the horizon.

ibcvIOIcpQ6hDN.gif

So, are they still on split-decision about letting Naruto OG run more episodes? If not, reruns or replacement?

They did update their FAQ page relatively recently (only thing they changed was the mention of Clydes). The Naruto question still says:

Q: What are you going to do when you get to the Naruto Filler Arc?
A: The original uncut Naruto is running for Season 1, and we don’t know if it makes sense to get the further seasons down the road or not. Right now we’re going to show all of Season 1 episodes. Shippuden is running Season 1 currently, and we plan to continue Shippuden throughout all of its episodes.

daveo42

Banned
I have a Final Fantasy Unlimited T-shirt that I got when I bought the first DVD and placeholder box for the series years ago.

I had a hot topic era where I accumulated some "mainstream" "nerd" things . If I ever got T-shirts again it'd prob be from websites now and they'd prob still be geeky/nerdy anime culture stuff or science or western cartoons

I used to refuse to wear anything remotely nerdy or gamey. Then about 2 years ago I had this epiphany "IM A FUCKING NERD" and embraced that now I own mostly nerd shirts and sports jerseys

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just so you know, I'm a big fan of steak...
tumblr_lxnjjkRMHZ1r5qfgy.jpg

I cannot wait for summer to arrive so we can grill steak & chicken again, though since I'm back on an diet, not sure how much I can eat. Just know exercise bike time goes faster when you've got stuff to watch (heck, in 2012, I'd watch some recorded late-night Toonami shows like Symbionic Titan, FMA: Brotherhood, & GitS)

T-shirt topic: I used to have a TON of shirts with graphics/jokes on them, but not anymore. All the cool gaming ones I have (Okamiden, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Sonic Heroes, MH3U, the iam8bit Dark Void shirt from E3, some weird Sonic one from Japan I won from Sega, Team SF from Cross Assault, Lost Planet 2) are either prizes I've won or gifts from Capcom.

Also, Ghosts 'n' Goblins boxers because I can.

daveo42

Banned
tumblr_lxnjjkRMHZ1r5qfgy.jpg

I cannot wait for summer to arrive so we can grill steak & chicken again, though since I'm back on an diet, not sure how much I can eat. Just know exercise bike time goes faster when you've got stuff to watch (heck, in 2012, I'd watch some recorded late-night Toonami shows like Symbionic Titan, FMA: Brotherhood, & GitS)

"Chie, do you know any other words that start with 'F'?"

"Fsteak."

Those Persona comics and videos were great. Also, I tend to grill year round instead of just during the summer, but I'm usually just grilling for one when I do it during the colder months.

Edit: The only tshirts I buy and wear are either white/grey undershirts or geeky/pop culture shirts off of shirt.woot or TeeFury.

Speaking of steak I had planned to have a low calorie lunch today, but due to the day being busy and my lunch being late I said "f it" and got a big philly cheese steak from subway. Yeah 10% of (subway is in my walmart and they give employees a discount woo)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I dieted back in 2012 and went from 268 to 208 in a span of about 8-9 months. Unfortunately, I noticed last week I'm now at 220, most likely from the combination of college taking up a ton of time again and doing online work to make sure I have a steady income for gas & such. Trying to get back into the habit of healthy eating (at least my habit of smaller portions stayed all these years) & trying to exercise (which is tough with the little free time/energy I have) so I can get down to 190-ish for closure on losing weight like my mom told me to do for so many years & should boost my confidence up when I try online dating in the summer (maybe....possibly).

Probably gonna have to stop having Jolly Time Blast-o-Butter every week when OP airs....

I dieted back in 2012 and went from 268 to 208 in a span of about 8-9 months. Unfortunately, I noticed last week I'm now at 220, most likely from the combination of college taking up a ton of time again and doing online work to make sure I have a steady income for gas & such. Trying to get back into the habit of healthy eating (at least my habit of smaller portions stayed all these years) & trying to exercise (which is tough with the little free time/energy I have) so I can get down to 190-ish for closure on losing weight like my mom told me to do for so many years & should boost my confidence up when I try online dating in the summer (maybe....possibly).

Probably gonna have to stop having Jolly Time Blast-o-Butter every week when OP airs....

I've thought about trying online dating, but right now I need to continue losing weight and saving money (finally got caught up with my student loans woo) before I get tied up in a relationship

Raxus

I am one of the few people who have trouble gaining weight. Workouts really help increase my appetite art least

daveo42

Banned
I am one of the few people who have trouble gaining weight. Workouts really help increase my appetite art least

xpzr.png

I have the exact opposite problem here. I've been working on losing weight but I've been stuck around the same weight for a few weeks. I'm thinking its muscle gain along with fat loss only from the reduction in my waist. If I'm not careful with my calorie intake it kills my progress.

I had gotten down to 230 around a year ago, but lost that all when I went back into eating more pizza and junk. My goal is below 200, but I've got a long road ahead of me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've thought about trying online dating, but right now I need to continue losing weight and saving money (finally got caught up with my student loans woo) before I get tied up in a relationship
Agreed, that's why I figured it would be best to wait for the college semester to be over and for summer to start. That way, I can get a head-start on losing weight/looking better & feeling more confident, having tons more free time, & more spare cash since I won't have to drive in & out of down each day. Plus I'm gonna learn how to cook more foods & achieve reactions like Shokugeki no Soma have another useful skill because it just hit me how not being able to cook can be kind of a turn-off a few days ago.

Would be nice to have someone to watch Toonami with me IRL & just someone of the opposite gender that shares similar interests as me.
There, I tied it back to Toonami!

xpzr.png

I have the exact opposite problem here. I've been working on losing weight but I've been stuck around the same weight for a few weeks. I'm thinking its muscle gain along with fat loss only from the reduction in my waist. If I'm not careful with my calorie intake it kills my progress.

I had gotten down to 230 around a year ago, but lost that all when I went back into eating more pizza and junk. My goal is below 200, but I've got a long road ahead of me.

Know that feel, feels like I've been stuck between 240 and 235 forever

789shadow

Banned
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img34/6310/xpzr.png

I would think not losing weight because you're gaining muscle to replace the fat you're losing would be just fine.

I went to the doctor the other day and weighed in at 152lbs which was surprising. I have a terrible diet, today I've already eaten at both McDonalds and BK.

bigkrev

These are the only "Nerdy" shirts or things I own
gb4_large.jpg
Giant Bomb Members shirt 2013 (really like this one)
1083_izzet_tee.jpg
Izzit Guild T-Shirt (Magic the Gathering)
tumblr_ljmm1vmEv81qzwtdlo1_500.jpg

My brother bought this for me- it's pretty much only something I can wear around the house or at the gym cause it's not the greatest material, lol

daveo42

Banned
Know that feel, feels like I've been stuck between 240 and 235 forever

We'll make it to our targets. Just need to stay vigilant.

I would think not losing weight because you're gaining muscle to replace the fat you're losing would be just fine.

That's the assumption right now since I'm not actually sure if my body fat % has actually dropped. It is good, if that's actually what is going on.

On Topic:
It's a good thing since toonnami gaf eating would naturally look like * insert scene from One Piece / DBZ of the characters eating *

tumblr_lwj8op5EA51r8tyjfo1_500.gif

I had a hot topic phase during high school and owned Dark Knight, Mass Effect and MGS4 shirts. That's about as "nerdy" as I got with my clothing choices; these days I apparently dress like a hipster according to my girlfriend. I wear flannel, retro 80s outerwear (ex. Member's Only), solid thermals, knit beanies, skinny jeans, converse shoes, etc.

bigkrev

I wear Polos or Hoodies most of the time depending on the time of year. Just simple stuff.

Oh, and who wants to be the first to admit they own a Fedora? I want to publicly shame someone.

I own a fedora with rhinestones on it but that was a gag gift; I'd never purchase that hat. It looks good on some people but I'd probably just look like a jackass in one.

We'll make it to our targets. Just need to stay vigilant.

That's the assumption right now since I'm not actually sure if my body fat % has actually dropped. It is good, if that's actually what is going on.

On Topic:

tumblr_lwj8op5EA51r8tyjfo1_500.gif

I feel healthier then I did 3 months ago even if the scale hasn't moved much since early March, for me thats a victory if a small one. The warmth coming back will make exercising easier because I love walking/running outside but not when its 15 degrees every day

LOLDSFAN

Hmmm there's been a lot said on this page. Here we go.

@Beelzeboss

tumblr_lxtaq6ucwg1qi1zex.gif

I don't like steak. I like chicken though.

I don't wear nerd clothing. I probably would if it wasn't too expensive.

I also have a problem gaining weight. I'm pretty good at adapting so I can either eat a lot or eat a little and my body will stay in equilibrium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom