• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Dunno if you saw but Funi has a deal where if you order 3 dvds you get an extra 20% off, free shipping in the US, and 3 months of free streaming on their site. Trying to find the best deal I currently have

Wolf Children blu/dvd
OP Strong world blu/dvd
Pre-Order Attack on Titan part 1 blu/dvd

But I can get Wolf Children cheaper on Amazon so I might get something else

Wow AOT is cheaper on there than Amazon.

LOLDSFAN

iU9WihIFOY7on.gif

Take your pick.

Going with the standby version.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Poison suction cups!

My favorite part of that edit is that he's clearly firing spikes, but once they hit Luffy they somehow turn into suction cups.
4Kids gave none of the fucks.

Oh, and Mihawk's sword. What's funny is that it shows up in the theme every episode, completely unedited. But on the show itself, the hilt has been shrunk to avoid comparisons to the cross.
Speaking of crosses, the post Zoro is tied to at the very beginning has been edited to avoid looking like a cross. At one point, this caused Luffy's hat to have holes in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where's Zonic with his counter of bleeps?
Oh cool, someone DID remember the fact I was doing this!

Watching the episode now. Rather surprised, about 1/2 way done & only 2 swears, one bleep. & it took about 10 minutes for that first swear/bleep combo to appear.

So guys I finally got the call back, im hired!
Congrats. Still need to check up if I qualify for work study at the college.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh so THAT'S what the new OT title was referencing.

Edit: "Fuck Plan Vom Schiff" Well, that's an interesting name for your blueprints. I guess that got blurred out, so I'll put that under a "bleep" I guess.

Raxus

My favorite part of that edit is that he's clearly firing spikes, but once they hit Luffy they somehow turn into suction cups.
4Kids gave none of the fucks.

Oh, and Mihawk's sword. What's funny is that it shows up in the theme every episode, completely unedited. But on the show itself, the hilt has been shrunk to avoid comparisons to the cross.
Speaking of crosses, the post Zoro is tied to at the very beginning has been edited to avoid looking like a cross. At one point, this caused Luffy's hat to have holes in it.

I would have payed to be a fly on the wall when they were editing the (Baroque Works spoilers)
Crocodile fights. Several characters apparently die gruesome deaths that arc and Luffy gets stabbed to hell. The editors probably went home and cried when they watched the arc.

Oh cool, someone DID remember the fact I was doing this!

Watching the episode now. Rather surprised, about 1/2 way done & only 2 swears, one bleep. & it took about 10 minutes for that first swear/bleep combo to appear.

Congrats. Still need to check up if I qualify for work study at the college.

I'm pretty sure I posted every **** line because I wasn't sure where you were

BatDan

I would have payed to be a fly on the wall when they were editing the (Baroque Works spoilers)
Crocodile fights. Several characters apparently die gruesome deaths that arc and Luffy gets stabbed to hell. The editors probably went home and cried when they watched the arc.

There was also
Luffy vs Crocodile Part 3, where Luffy had to use his own blood to bypass his sand. They turned it into sweat.

Oh, and the magic done with
Mr. 3. They skipped Little Garden (smrt) without realizing that Mr. 3 would show up part way through Alabasta. So they claimed that he's been following them since Loguetown. Even though that creates another plot hole since Baroque Works didn't know about the Straw Hats until after Loguetown.
Nice work guys.

Veronica Taylor is going to be at C2E2, I'm going to ask her about Southern Nico Robin.

Raxus

There was also
Luffy vs Crocodile Part 3, where Luffy had to use his own blood to bypass his sand. They turned it into sweat.

Oh, and the magic done with
Mr. 3. They skipped Little Garden (smrt) without realizing that Mr. 3 would show up part way through Alabasta. So they claimed that he's been following them since Loguetown. Even though that creates another plot hole since Baroque Works didn't know about the Straw Hats until after Loguetown.
Nice work guys.

Veronica Taylor is going to be at C2E2, I'm going to ask her about Southern Nico Robin.
Funniest one
they 'blew up' Laboon.

Be nice to Veronica, she did an ok job but obviously had shit direction.

BatDan

Funniest one
they 'blew up' Laboon.

Be nice to Veronica, she did an ok job but obviously had shit direction.

Don't worry, I'm not a total asshole.
Besides, she was Ash Ketchum and 2003 April O'Neil

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, finished Black Lagoon & now all caught up on the shows I missed Saturday.

Episode 4 swear count:

Swears: 8 (lowest so far)
Bleeps: 2 (+1 blur, I think)

Also, according to Funimation, the manga is 40% off at Barnes & Noble's site.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"The Weight of the Prized Artifact!"

DxJVh7sl.jpg

Naruto is overseeing the movement of a valuable artifact from that giant safe owned by the scruffy haired individual. All this trouble for a stupid teacup as he enters a FLASHBACK. Tsunade tells him he needs to protect it with his life, this is no ordinary delivery mission. The teacup, called the beauty of nature, is a national treasure and is worth a prince's ransom. It needs to make it to Kale avenue. Naruto wonders what to do with the giant safe when someone chides him for finally showing up.

JFtFufQl.jpg

It's Akamaru and his annoying retainer Kiba. Tsunade ordered him here as backup. As they walk down the path to the hiliariously overlarge safe the client calls them a dummy (It's Liam O'Brien doing a Dio from VLR impersonation, quite hateable) for not reading the sign that says no trespassing. Kiba explains their mission and Naruto says that is the dealio. The client snatches them away but the winch lifting the safe buckles and it starts coming down on them. Naruto tells the man to clear out but he tells the ninja to catch the safe and do your job. They grab logs and wedge the safe up while the man jumps on Naruto's face, uses a knife to cut the four ropes holding a smaller box in place and jumps to the ground. He tells them the safe is their problem as he walks away and the safe falls on them, (Congratulations foxuzamaki!) nearly killing them. He proceeds over to a table holding a smaller safe while Naruto and Kiba give him the business about just leaving them back there. He doesn't understand, aren't ninjas supposed to be ready to give their lives to the job? He starts moving off as Naruto says, "Buddy Hold on!" Don't call me buddy, I'm your client Shinemon and since you're not dead you need to get back on the job. Kiba is pretty pissed about this and Naruto is right there with him, wanting to use his Rasengan on the client, who says they need to be more thick skinned.

qcfw1c6l.jpg

He's jogging along the path calling back to the ninja, taunting them about not being in good shape. He then accidentally dropped the safe down into the river...right above a waterfall. Naruto wants to go the long way around but there's no time so the client suggests bungee jumping, pushing Naruto off before he is ready. Well if he doesn't get the safe at least he'll be feeding the fishes. Naruto grabs the safe but the line breaks on the rebound. He lands feet first on the surface of the river but Kiba points out that he's still approaching the falls...which he goes over. The client checks on the teacup and it's just fine but Kiba asks him how Naruto is doing? Who cares, ninja die all the time. Naruto appears with a giant lump on his head and asks if he'd like to try dying once. Kiba holds him back off camera as the client begs off.

nKVYqM4l.jpg

They pass next through a wild west stage show town. Shinemon is giving the various townsfolk the shifty eye as he walks down the main drag clutching his safe. Kiba warns him to act natural but the client says he is doing so. Naruto says he should hang a sign on it as they are surrounded by stereotypical bandits. Said bandits wonder if there's something valuable in the safe and go on about how they'd like to protect it for them, etc, etc. Kiba tells them don't let the safe fool you, it's just a prop and Naruto says there isn't anything of value in it. The client calls his protectors insane and say one of the most priceless works of art known to man is inside. The Beauty of Nature is worth more than human life and they don't even deserve to be on the same planet as it. Ixnay on the eciouspray, buddy. Don't call me buddy as the bandits draw their weapons, more precious than human life, eh? The client needs to be going, he has a date as a bandit levels a sword on him. They run away. Kiba takes their buddy while Naruto draws off some of the bandits. Shinemon tells Kiba to stand and fight while he runs...so he does. He goes to a nearby tea stand and a granny there tells him that the town is fighting again, fighting is bad, etc.

lW6YjUDl.jpg

Eventually the two Ninja return to their buddy, a bit battle worn and breathing heavy but otherwise ok. He tells them they took long enough while Kiba threatens to use Fang over Fang. A hawk is watching them carefully as the general bad guy music starts up and it takes off flying to a nearby cave. These different bandits have been waiting for this object to appear for quite some time and it fell right in their lap as the whole group starts doing the generic bad guy laugh. Akamaru senses someone is here moments before a bunch of Kunai land where they once were. They tell their buddy to hide behind a rock while Naruto takes the lead and tells them to come on out. The bandits throw up a smokescreen while Shinemon tells them to go out there and fight. Shadow Clone Jutsu while Kiba tries to sniff out his opponent who is going after the Beauty of Nature. Kiba starts up Fang over Fang and then Akamaru uses dynamic marking...On the client..who complains the entire time drawing the attention of the bandit leader!

mKoNMvll.jpg

He took the teacup! Their buddy is washing his clothes out in the river. Naruto regrets not taking the safe himself but Kiba isn't too worried because of the dynamic marking and Akamaru tells them the bandits are close. They are back in the cave admiring their haul when Shinemon trips over the warning alarm at the front gate. Kiba and Naruto go after his three flunkies while Shinemon goes after the leader of the thieves, who crosses a suspension bridge in the cave and then cuts the ropes as Shinemon is on them. He action hero leaps the rest of the span and lands on the bandit. Naruto and Kiba took care of their opponents in no time flat. Shinemon is wrestling with the bandit who overpowers him, punching him repeatedly in the face. Shinemon is warning him to give it back though, shoving him against the cave wall. He's sick of repeating himself, the teacup is worth more than human life! Not yours, not mine, not anyone's! It doesn't matter if I live or die! He decks him, catching the teacup. The two ninja fix the bridge. The client taunts them again asking if those flunkies were too much for them. Naruto tells him to look in a mirror! The villain is back on his feet with a pull rope in hand. If he can't have the teacup, no one can! Rocks fall, landing on the bandit first. A big rock lands on the path in front of their buddy, who wants them to take the cup and run! Naruto tells him just to climb over it but he says there is no time! The floor collapses and he ends up on a ledge above the precipice, having to make the choice between the cup and his life. He wants them to save the cup. Kiba tells Naruto to leave both of them and the client tells them to do what they want...as the teacup crashes to the ground in a million pieces.

efxjzK3.gif

Buddy, nooooo! He's done for! They play the sad music. Is this it? He remembers being a dick to the two ninja as he falls to his death. Then he remembers beating the shit out of the random bandit leader. He sees himself splattered on the ground and decides he doesn't want to die...just as a chain of Naruto catches him! Sorry but there's nothing more valuable than a human life. Buddy cries and gives him the upside down thumbs up, complimenting his bungee jump. They make it back to the leaf village and he asks the two what he should do. Kiba says it's a shame about his natural treasure but Shinemon just says what can you do and looks at a poster of the exhibit, sit around and cry about it? You ninja sure do give up easily. Naruto is still ashamed over the loss of a natural treasure but Shinemon just says he'll make another. The two boys are LEGIT SHOOK. What do you mean you'll just make another one? He just shrugs, suggesting the two read the poster. Kiba reads that Shinemon is the natural treasure and creator of the Beauty of Nature. The sexy jutsu music starts up and they are still shocked. They thought he was just a client but they were hired by a living national treasure! Got a problem with that? He tells them to cheer up and he says that his life is the greatest treasure of them all. They need to pat themselves on the back, they did a great job...for Genin. He's off to make another national treasure as the boys are speechless and the episode ends.

NEXT EPISODE: "The Enemy: Ninja Dropouts"

BONUS:

9K1yCY1l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom