• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibwzxr5IjDgYiM.png

iByufk8NWELnx.png

so not only does Sakurai age backwards, he turns into a woman?

I don't know nothing localized looks much different than what people who already likes vita would be interested in and nothing new for people who don't. Have had one for launch and enjoy it can't really say everything it's doing right now appeals to me . But I still like it as my indie+niche Japanese+ps+(the biggest reason I've slowed down on vita purchases )+eventual ps now machine

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you use plus and are patient there is absolutely no reason to buy most Vita games.

First party titles will end up there, guaranteed.
Pretty much any indie title they funded as well.

So that basically leaves a lot of niche Japanese games which will either show up on plus out of the blue or have a huge sale 3-4 months later at 80% or so.

So far the only things I've bought for vita that I don't recall becoming a ps+thing (yet/in the us) is lumines, p4g and hot shots golf. I bit on tearaway for 20 bucks cause I wanted it retail and may do the same for rayman legends . I won't ever forget how SS was ps+ just 6/8 months after I'd bought it full price

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, Tales of Heart R is getting localized? Didn't know that, though strange it's GameStop exclusive considering Xillia & the other games weren't.

Didn't the game have crossover Namco appearances? I heard something about being able to call KOS-MOS as a support character.

Now confirm Shinovi Versus, Xseed.

bigkrev

Woah, Tales of Heart R is getting localized? Didn't know that, though strange it's GameStop exclusive considering Xillia & the other games weren't.

Didn't the game have crossover Namco appearances? I heard something about being able to call KOS-MOS as a support character.

Now confirm Shinovi Versus, Xseed.

Lets be honest, is there any other brick and mortar store in America or Canada that would stock a VITA TALES game?

Lets be honest, is there any other brick and mortar store in America or Canada that would stock a VITA game?

FTFY

Will get a vita for hearts r even if it makes me cringe at how badly they messed it up

And what dr p said, makes vita more appealing to people who already bought them so gaf and Japan and no one else.

bigkrev

FTFY

Will get a vita for hearts r even if it makes me cringe at how badly they messed it up

And what dr p said, makes vita more appealing to people who already bought them so gaf and Japan and no one else.

Target still stocks some Vita games- but no Japanese games anymore- stuff like MLB 14, Rayman Legends, Killzone, Batman, the Lego games, Tearaway, ect.

The Vita is dead as a system in America. It still has some life in Japan, and it has some sales potential as an expensive accessory for the PS4. So Sony is treating it accordingly- the only non-japanese games announced for Vita at this point are ports of last gen games like Borderlands, God of War HD collection, and Sly Collection, a port of Wolf Among Us if it finishes this year, and a bunch of indie games, most of which are cross buy on PS4. There is enough coming that current owners will be satisfied, and as PS4 gets more popular they can sell more as remote devices, but the idea of a vibrant worldwide system is basically dead

Also, Bass, you were buying one for this anyway

I feel Sony is holding on moving with the vita in America in any ways serious until PS Now comes around and now that ps4 is launched and gained traction . I mean right now while there are little sales there doesn't seem to be loss in terms of money for them as it is now iirc? Also lots of indies seem to be wanting to work with it and incorporate crossbuy etc and they probably will capitalize on that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's sad that it took this long for Namco's localization of Tales games to take off.

Symphonia and it's sequel sell a ton on GCN (and Wii) in the US...so let's skip Tempest (no one wanted that) Innocence (not bad) Hearts (still hurts and the hollow 3D version will never make up for it) Graces (but lets do Graces f years later)

Also let's port a game to the 3DS for launch...screw Symphonia with it's anniversary coming up, let's go with Abyss instead. Also on this track the understandble but odd decision to not even bother with a Wii U version of the series with a proven track record on Nintendo systems, Symphonia.

I am glad for future fans that all of the new games since graces f have made it over here but I'm just about done with the franchise for now.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece Collection 9 is out tomorrow, but if you pre-ordered from Amazon it might get delivered today (I got it today.) It covers from the last episode of the G8 arc (the episode right before the one Toonami started at) and ends at the first episode of Water Seven. So basically it covers the Davy Back Fight, the amnesia filler arc, and the Aokiji fight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of inside jokes based on Blue Exorcist, watching that right now.

I don't know why, but I'm laughing at this old woman's voice. It's the cliche old, rich, "well I never!" sounding woman teaching a class how to beat demons & Satan.

Also LEGIT SHOOK AT DELINQUENT DUDE KNOWING BIBLE VERSES.

Now how much longer until tsundere purple-hair girl is all "HEY RIN sorry for being an ass & faking being your friend, so let's be actual for really real friends now."?

Seda

Bon is the least cookie cutter character of Blue Exorcist, although his back story and motivation are quite cliche.

Tamanon

Banned
It's sad that it took this long for Namco's localization of Tales games to take off.

Symphonia and it's sequel sell a ton on GCN (and Wii) in the US...so let's skip Tempest (no one wanted that) Innocence (not bad) Hearts (still hurts and the hollow 3D version will never make up for it) Graces (but lets do Graces f years later)

Also let's port a game to the 3DS for launch...screw Symphonia with it's anniversary coming up, let's go with Abyss instead. Also on this track the understandble but odd decision to not even bother with a Wii U version of the series with a proven track record on Nintendo systems, Symphonia.

I am glad for future fans that all of the new games since graces f have made it over here but I'm just about done with the franchise for now.

I'm still pissed they never localized Tales of Vesperia for the PS3. I loved the 360 version.

My copy of the sky for $15 and my copy of OP collection 9 shipped today woo!

Also Seda is about to irl ban some fools from college

Waaaaaaait Bishop.

Waaaaaaait. I am dying over here.

IB you're killing me I don't want to WAAAAAAAAAAIT any longer for this gif :(

Just watched the One Piece episode from Saturday.

Spandamn it.

:)

Target still stocks some Vita games- but no Japanese games anymore- stuff like MLB 14, Rayman Legends, Killzone, Batman, the Lego games, Tearaway, ect.

The Vita is dead as a system in America. It still has some life in Japan, and it has some sales potential as an expensive accessory for the PS4. So Sony is treating it accordingly- the only non-japanese games announced for Vita at this point are ports of last gen games like Borderlands, God of War HD collection, and Sly Collection, a port of Wolf Among Us if it finishes this year, and a bunch of indie games, most of which are cross buy on PS4. There is enough coming that current owners will be satisfied, and as PS4 gets more popular they can sell more as remote devices, but the idea of a vibrant worldwide system is basically dead

Also, Bass, you were buying one for this anyway

Obviously I'm day zero for that :p

Still need to watch gup it sits on my shelf moeing at me

Seda

Vesperia PS3 is one of my few imported games. Got the platinum after getting all the 360 achievements. Definitely my favorite Tales game all things considered.

Yep, had they made Legendia and/or Abyss multiplat on ps2 and gc they'd have had the best of both worlds, but no "Japanese Tales fans are the only ones we care about" is basically what the head of Tales said :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only one that makes no damn sense was not even trying with ToI or ToH on the incredibly healthy DS platform.

Everything else kinda sorta makes sense. ToV PS3 was right before that system took off and ToV 360 didn't exactly light the world on fire. ToG was near the end of the Wii and by the time ToGf had come out you couldn't justify releasing it. TotA was well enough received on the 3DS (it's still the laziest of all of the ports/remakes I've played so far and is ugly as sin compared to ToS, but at least it cut the loads out almost completely) and not making ToS for the Wii U makes as much sense as not making anything else for the Wii U, why bother with a RoI like that.

But not even bothering to try and localize ToI or especially ToH back on the DS just does not make any sense at all. Hell if they had brought over ToT early and that mega bombed it would have made sense but this? Ugh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally finished up the episode of Blue Exorcist (was busy with other stuff).

this show is super generic but I don't hate it. Almost enjoy it actually.
This pretty much sums it up. It's the definition of "okay".

Hopefully will get to Black Lagoon tonight or so & my swear counter won't be screwed up (I assume you guys posted every time a bleep is said).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so roughly what chapter of the One Piece manga did toonami start at? *just read the chapters where Dracule Mihawk owns Zorro and Krieg's last ship.*

Dunno if you saw but Funi has a deal where if you order 3 dvds you get an extra 20% off, free shipping in the US, and 3 months of free streaming on their site. Trying to find the best deal I currently have

Wolf Children blu/dvd
OP Strong world blu/dvd
Pre-Order Attack on Titan part 1 blu/dvd

But I can get Wolf Children cheaper on Amazon so I might get something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom