• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a busy last few weeks at work and I've not gotten to even stay up to watch Toonami or spend much time in the thread. Had to DVR it and watch when I find a moment. At the very least, all of this work I'm doing is going to shoot me through my probationary period without worry and get me a big fat raise. Thanks Obama!

I'd like to have DRRR on again just so I can actually see it through. I never got to finish the first time.

bigkrev

If only it weren't breaded chicken, it's actually something I would consider ordering during Passover :(

ON TOPIC: Boondocks S2 and Samurai Jack S2 added to Netflix today

Raxus

It has been a busy last few weeks at work and I've not gotten to even stay up to watch Toonami or spend much time in the thread. Had to DVR it and watch when I find a moment. At the very least, all of this work I'm doing is going to shoot me through my probationary period without worry and get me a big fat raise. Thanks Obama!

I'd like to have DRRR on again just so I can actually see it through. I never got to finish the first time.

In case it doesn't air again (likely) they have the whole season up on Hulu both dubbed and subbed.

Personally, I would love a ToonamiGAF group watch to see everyone's reactions throughout the series.

In case it doesn't air again (likely) they have the whole season up on Hulu both dubbed and subbed.

Personally, I would love a ToonamiGAF group watch to see everyone's reactions throughout the series.

Good to know! Thanks!

I may do that after I get done with Berserk (1997). I saw the 2 new movies over the weekend and I got the 3rd coming in the mail today. Figured I'd watch the 1997 series as well.

Seda

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, APRIL 12, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.8 HH, 978,000 viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.8 HH, 1.028 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 HH, 856,000 viewers
1:00AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 802,000 viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 908,000 viewers
2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 831,000 viewers
2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 760,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 665,000 viewers
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 705,000 viewers
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 613,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 541,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 593,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 528,000 viewers

dat
blue exorcist bump?

bigkrev

Only competition was a Paquio fight.... and I don't think the boxing audience is the same as the Toonami audience (unlike UFC)

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, Bleach makes sense to me. We're in the final battles now. The main man is showing up. The people love Ichigo.

Good for Blue Exorcist, recovering some of that audience. Still need to see the latest episode, but it's been a pretty fun shounen thus far.

I think we are seeing the effect of Space Dandy being in reruns.

Aye, that's the same I feel as well.

If I hadn't been working so much, my schedule has gone from:

11:30, skip Bleach, 12:30 -> 2:30, Skip naruto/gits/FMA, Jack at 4:00

to

12:30-2:30, skip, jack at 4:00 if I don't just DVR it.

Until Attack on Titan shows up, I just don't even have to show up until 12:30 to watch anything of substance to my likes. AoT is going to make me show up at 11:30 and then break to what? 1:00? Because everything gets bumped back a half hour for the SD reruns at 12:30. I am less inclined to stay up for Jack at that point where 4:00 was already a large stretch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As much as I hate to say it I think Blue Exorcist has those high rating because it managed to retain the audience that watched Sword Art Online.

daveo42

Banned
I still don't get why people like Bleach so much. I can understand it being the highest rated for the week because its the earliest premiere in the block, it's just sad that better shows getting dropped in the ratings like One Piece and Black Lagoon. Plus, that episode of Dandy was one of the better episodes of the first half.

TheChits

1:00AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 802,000 viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 908,000 viewers
ibnC6KKGCNMVnD.gif

CANCEL EVERYTHING

(I'm guessing those who didn't realize dandy repeats last week knew now and that contributed to lower ratings, not sure what else happened this weekend cept it being more Spring-y now.

Tamanon

Banned
I still don't get why people like Bleach so much. I can understand it being the highest rated for the week because its the earliest premiere in the block, it's just sad that better shows getting dropped in the ratings like One Piece and Black Lagoon. Plus, that episode of Dandy was one of the better episodes of the first half.

People have been watching these characters for years and years. They might not care as much about all these new One Piece ones.

Toonami had a good run

Well, this is the end, beautiful friends.
After two years back, this is Toonami's final broadcast.
It's been a lot of fun.
We'd like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us.
Toonami wouldn't have been anything without you. Hopefully, we've left you with some good memories.
So...until we meet again...stay gold.

*Bleep*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Only competition was a Paquio fight.... and I don't think the boxing audience is the same as the Toonami audience (unlike UFC)

I don't see a big difference between the boxing audience and the UFC audience. If anything the boxing audience is bigger. Literally all 10 of the top 10 trends on Twitter on Saturday night during Toonami were related to the fight.

Raxus

Obviously Bleach has a boost in ratings for it's epic conclusion of another arc where the captains fight a bunch of things. Space Dandy and One Piece are not worthy. They require too much thinking, give me Hollow Ichigozilla any day please!

I guess audiences decided to WAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIT for Blue Exorcist and then left because a non-moeblob woman was featured on the screen with a fine ass.

What time did the fight end? The bump may have been from people getting back from the fight

I mean Blue Exorcist beat SHIPPUDEN so clearly something was impacting peoples viewing that night

I usually dont even bother to watch toonami until 1 now, maybe shippuden will start to get tolerable soon but otherwise yea, then i watch until 2:30 and then skip until jack and then bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom