• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun, an off the cuff top 10 11 (cause I can't leave Danganronpa off!) for Vita. This is a lot harder because there are more quality games for the system, but fewer slam dunk locks like the 3DS

1. Lumines Electronic Symphony
2. Wipeout 2048
3. Spelunky
4. Zen Pinball 2
5. Persona 4: Golden
6. MLB 13 The Show
7. Velocity Ultra
8. Tearaway
9. Dragon's Crown
10. Hotline Miami
11. Danganronpa

My 3DS List

1. Picross e2
2. Picross e3
3. Harmoknight
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Picross e
6. Super Street Fighter 4
7. Pushmo
8. Zelda: OOT 3D
9. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
10. Fire Emblem: Awakening

The top 5 is super easy and strong, but the quality decreases sharply after that.

You are the kind of console warrior the vita deserves, but not the one it needs right now bigkrev

MikeMyers

Poor Krillin, he even gets his ass kicked in filler. The other humans at least got to kick ass in filler.

His fight with Chaozu is one of my favourite, and he even wins it to boot!

EDIT: That was a reply to Raxus link

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n4ag2sBODi1rjiodyo2_250.gif

tumblr_n4ag2sBODi1rjiodyo1_250.gif

tumblr_n4ag2sBODi1rjiodyo3_250.gif

tumblr_n4ag2sBODi1rjiodyo4_250.gif

#BringArcVToToonami

BBboy20

Shingeki-no-Kyojin-0131_zps3c2bb05c.jpg

nzrqrhP_zps693a957d.gif

This is why I love the Black Lagoon dub.

Funimation knows how to do accents properly.
Were the side characters voiced by Fumination actors?

Mmm...Revy with those unbuttoned short shorts.
They were always distracting (in the best way possible).

It's actually a movie that was shot several years ago but never released. The reason it's being released now is for a cash-in after his death.
That...makes me feel a little less compelled to seeing it.

Got damn, Revy. Those shorts are practically falling off.
Let them fall!

Yea but she looks good in them
HvX6ETB_zps2ef043c6.png

Damn revy's ass......
HvX6ETB_zps2ef043c6.png

I vote to have Revy bend over things more often. Dandy is right to be an ass man.
kWZWWvP_zps2be9b477.gif

Goddamn Revy, bending over like that. It's like you know your lovers are fawning over you.
Madhouse knowing she'd have a fanbase by two episodes? That would be some incredible hindsight.

That suit needs to be tighter on Revy
Yeah, it's not smexy enough.

Um, shouldn't that be a speargun?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_rifle

Already? Well...at least we got a lot of scenes where Revvy was bending over in those short shorts
If I recall, she bends over a lot.

The only bad thing about that ED is that she stops at her boots.
..........even I have to admit I never got that pervy...

The thirst couldn't get anymore real.

He better hit that ass before he dies.
Worth it[/rock]

Revy trending in the US. I guess bending over pays off.

Jiucvtm.png

Okay now I shall retire.
Guess America still has some respect for the booty.

futurama_lethal_inspection.png

Watch out!
Holy shit.

tsukuyomi...isnt tsukuyomi a male, who represents the moon whose sister is amateratsu(which they are married)
fucking up your own religion inuyasha!
Glad Okami didn't follow that story literally!

Obviously Bleach has a boost in ratings for it's epic conclusion of another arc where the captains fight a bunch of things. Space Dandy and One Piece are not worthy. They require too much thinking, give me Hollow Ichigozilla any day please!

I guess audiences decided to WAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIT for Blue Exorcist and then left because a non-moeblob woman was featured on the screen with a fine ass.
That's sad when those two shows are smarter then that self-indulgent pile of boredom. Seriously, is America's quench for the action genre stuck with Call of Duty now? Because Revy would be successful in the '90s.

I liked Totally Spies, but for different reasons
Jennifer Hale?

Mark Hamill has stated the only way he'll reprise his role as The Joker is if they do an adaptation of The Killing Joke.
Make it happen DC! Your animated films are the only good thing you have going these days (fuck the New 52, and Superman vs Batman sounds like a trainwreck)
And it's going to be another direct-to-DVD flick? Because some of these story-lines deserve theatrical releases and budgets.

Action cartoons are dead in America. Too much money for not enough ROI.
I just get my country; action is one of the more accessible and more shallow genres yet nobody seems to care about it in TV and movie format these days.

I think one of the writers of NCIS admitted on Reddit that they intentionally do this.

And HOLY HELL, FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOU GUYS! A lot has happened in the past 30 days but eventually I've gotten the energy to sit and read as many posts in this series of threads as I can or was interested in reading.

About Soul Eater: Since the manga is done, any chance they're going to release a collection of the series over here (Also got a SE shirt from Hot Topic last Sunday)? Oh and regards of the final episode.....I actually can see where it would come from but then again, guess Bones decided to make Courage the opposite of madness...though, wouldn't sanity be something all beings have as well or not being mentally ill just not a strong and poetic enough contrast? I mean, it is *technically* beautiful but it does go against everything that came before where it seems like what was building up didn't have the desired results.

I'd guess I seem to be tolerable with Blue Exorcist compared to the recent responses though it's mostly not showcasing material I would defend for either. Didn't think "WWWWAAAIIIITTTT" would be a hit with you guys at all.

Oh, and those emotional moments of Ussop really makes me appreciate Sonny Strait and is makes me annoyed the Emmys (or award shows in general) never seem to focus on workhorses of the entertainment industry. Was Legit Shook when Ussop revealed he knew all long and I wonder that was why nobody pointed the keel to him so they would get that moment. This is some of the best story telling I've ever seen considering the story is selling you to give this ship worth a damn as if it was a living being (which, in this world, is).
In regards of the World Government, going by you guys still don't know who they are, you think you'll find out by the time the Straw Hats finally get close the One Piece? They seem like worthy Final Bosses. Actually, are they still even hunting for it?

I can not express how grateful I am for them keeping Black Lagoon's opening, Red Fraction was my shit in the (recent) day. Also, I always looked at the ending as the equivalence of the atmospheric yet monotheistic beats of something more to the likes of a '80s crime film like Scarface's sullen moments, hence why it never seemed out-of-place despite it being a bang-bang show. I'm not joking when I ordered the Independent Film Channel at the time just to watch the rest of the series. Considering how slow the manga has been drawn, it seems like I may as well just get one volume at a time then wonder they'll release a collection in the near future.

I could have sworn the Japanese descprition of QT was that of female. Oh well, I suppose a robot can be whatever it wants to be...but yeah, Little ToasterxDeadLeavesxBigOxPacificRim came in mind when it came to that final fight....that is an insane amount of fiction to think of one go...then again, that may a well be this show most of the time. Can't wait for season 2 and who knows, maybe I might be him this summer at San Diego.

Oh and I'm gonna' finish watching the rest of Titan before it it May 3rd; I just don't think the English language is capable of sounding like rage-personified like Eren's Japanese voice-actor can. I am curious how a certain moment will be handled in English *points to first post*

Also, the reason I havent been here all day is that the The End boss fight thread earlier this week got me hankering for some MGS 3. Started my replay this morning.

LOLDSFAN

Sword Art Online II to Stream Worldwide

Aniplex of America announced at its Sword Art Online panel on Saturday that it will stream the Sword Art Online II television anime series as it airs in Japan this summer. In addition, the company will host Sword Art Online II Premiere Screening Events in the United States, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan. More details about the streaming and premiere events will be announced at a later time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The SAO plague will never end.

The novels are still getting released in Japan. The 14th just came out on April 10th.
SAO is going to haunt us for yeaaaaars.

Weird side-note: Cartoon Network is airing The Wizard of Oz right now. Huh...

I'm sure DeMarco would love to air SAO2 Simuldub with Japan along with any other big shows coming up, but that requires a lot more then just Toonami wanting it to happen.

It's not really like the experience, ratings wise, with SAO for toonami was in any was bad such that they wouldn't have an eye on this when ever it would be possible and they had the money....sigh.

Articalys

Funimation panel at Sakura-Con
19:07:28 <bay|SC14|FUNi> it's saturday.. what that means is toonami night...
19:07:42 <bay|SC14|FUNi> space dandy... one piece.. black lagoon, and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
19:07:46 <bay|SC14|FUNi> the rest, you don't have to watch
19:07:58 <bay|SC14|FUNi> of course, some news that just came through
19:08:02 <bay|SC14|FUNi> attack on titan is coming to toonami may 3rd
19:08:10 <bay|SC14|FUNi> we want those to be the highest ratings ever for toonami
19:08:32 <bay|SC14|FUNi> make sure we get those high ratings and they can keep picking from us
19:08:47 <bay|SC14|FUNi> and how that works is we give them the catalog and they pick, we don't tell them
19:08:49 <bay|SC14|FUNi> so bug them if you want a show on

19:07:28 <bay|SC14|FUNi> it's saturday.. what that means is toonami night...
19:07:42 <bay|SC14|FUNi> space dandy... one piece.. black lagoon, and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
19:07:46 <bay|SC14|FUNi> the rest, you don't have to watch
19:07:58 <bay|SC14|FUNi> of course, some news that just came through
19:08:02 <bay|SC14|FUNi> attack on titan is coming to toonami may 3rd
19:08:10 <bay|SC14|FUNi> we want those to be the highest ratings ever for toonami
19:08:32 <bay|SC14|FUNi> make sure we get those high ratings and they can keep picking from us
19:08:47 <bay|SC14|FUNi> and how that works is we give them the catalog and they pick, we don't tell them
19:08:49 <bay|SC14|FUNi> so bug them if you want a show on

* sigh * FUNi FUNi FUNi....

Seda

Schedule is probably set for a while now. Shouldn't expect many changes until August outside of a rearrangement when Space Dandy S2 starts.

Black Lagoon will probably get a FUNimation replacement but not so certain for Attack on Titan at 11:30.

Too early to really speculate on that anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some genius decided to schedule Game 2 of the Flyers-Rangers series for noon tomorrow, so I have to actually wake up in the morning to get the hell out of here, so I imagine I'll be bailing as soon as Black Lagoon wraps up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Some genius decided to schedule Game 2 of the Flyers-Rangers series for noon tomorrow, so I have to actually wake up in the morning to get the hell out of here, so I imagine I'll be bailing as soon as Black Lagoon wraps up.

Red Wings/Bruins isn't until 3pm.
aKvgTAI.png

I have to get up early anyways.
9dFgDal.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom