• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Dandy is overcome by fanservice, Bleach is ALMOST done with its filler nonsense (emphasis on ALMOST, despite what the title says), the Leaf teams realize they've been played, Franky's tragic backstory comes to a close, Mephisto reveals the intent behind the ghoul attacks, it's an undersea showdown as Rock and Revy take on a team of Nazi salvagers, Naruto unleashes the beast, Aramaki makes his move against Secretary General Yakushima but it may cost Section 9 everything, Alphonse has an existential crisis, Jack joins up with the mob, Duchess Satine returns to Coruscant under jedi protection, and Ilana tries to fight the Mutraddi with school spirit.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 3 - Occasionally Even the Deceiver Is Deceived, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 341 - Invading Army Arc, Final Conclusion!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 16 - The Secret of Jinchuriki
1:00 - One Piece - 250 - The End of the Legendary Man! The Day the Sea Train Cried!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 9 - Memories
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 5 - Eagle Hunting and Hunting Eagles
2:30 - Naruto - 16 - The Broken Seal
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 24 - ANNIHILATION
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9 - Created Feelings
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 12 - Jack and the Gangsters
4:30 - IGPX - 25 - Hostile Contradiction
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 35 - Voyage of Temptation
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
12:00 - Bleach - 341 - Invading Army Arc, Final Conclusion!

tumblr_n2tc8zna2B1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

Schedule is probably set for a while now. Shouldn't expect many changes until August outside of a rearrangement when Space Dandy S2 starts.

Black Lagoon will probably get a FUNimation replacement but not so certain for Attack on Titan at 11:30.

Too early to really speculate on that anyway.

they have that convention coming up pretty soon so i expect we'll hear a few things about what'll happen down the road

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
have they shown the one with Jack and the Scotsman recently?

I usually fail to stay up long enough to find out, which means I have also been missing Symbionic Titan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
they have that convention coming up pretty soon so i expect we'll hear a few things about what'll happen down the road

Hopefully it's something good, Funi has a pretty big catalog to choose from so there's no excuse for picking something bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wooo, 3/4th of all Bottlecaps in The Wonderful 101 obtained! Still a long way to go... so many hard ones.

daveo42

Banned
The -itis episode of the Boondocks is on. I always enjoy this episode. I wonder if I'll actually make to Jack tonight since I missed out on a nice afternoon nap.

Raxus

I don't have to work until tomorrow night.

Going to be doing the 6 and a half hour challenge tonight. I will probably only duck out of Naruto and FMA.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzR0i0aMrV-0Kxi

The proper way to say "A themed Dump?!" is the same way HayterTrueSnake would say "A Surveillance Camera?!"

http://i.imgur.com/UiAuAbd.gif

Tom you already have a job! A good job! What the hell bro?

I expect the top half of the line up to look something like

11:30- Kill La Kill or another big name dub anime we're not expecting
12:00- Naruto Shippuden
12:30- One Piece/Fairy Tail
1:00- Fairy Tail/One Piece
1:30- Magi or another Aniplex show
2:00- Viz or Funi older anime

When all is said and done this fall

DBZ Kai also seems like a very likely pick up for that 11:30 spot

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Dear god, kill me now.

daveo42

Banned

DBZ Kai also seems like a very likely pick up for that 11:30 spot

I feel like we'll never ever get rid of Bleach. Kai would be great for an earlier spot, but I'm still not seeing Kill la Kill on Toonami and I wouldn't be all that excited for the Fairy Tail anime. There has to be something better than Fairy Tail they could air.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like we'll never ever get rid of Bleach. Kai would be great for an earlier spot, but I'm still not seeing Kill la Kill on Toonami and I wouldn't be all that excited for the Fairy Tail anime. There has to be something better than Fairy Tail they could air.

There's a whole bunch of stuff better than Fairy Tail, Funi has a HUGE catalog and Toonami isn't exactly afraid to go back a bit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bleach ends in the Fall and while it probably will be in the backend its retention of the Midnight slot is unlikely.

Better in terms of quality? There are tons and tons of anime they can pick

Even remotely as popular? Really other then Dragon Ball Z Kai or Fairy Tail nothing even remotely comes close to being as popular as Bleach. None of Viz's other dubbed anime even comes close though I kind of feel like Nura Rise of the Yokai could take over it seems to have a similar look and style to Bleach though I'm not sure how popular it would be.

Fairy Tail just makes sense as it's been highly requested, it's licensed by Funi, it's a show they can air FOREVER, and it's a guaranteed hit that the masses will come to watch.

daveo42

Banned
"Bitches love ______"

There's a whole bunch of stuff better than Fairy Tail, Funi has a HUGE catalog and Toonami isn't exactly afraid to go back a bit.

While they aren't afraid air older stuff, my guess is that they want to keep airing as much new stuff as possible to keep ratings high during the first half of the block.

Better in terms of quality? There are tons and tons of anime they can pick

Even remotely as popular? Really other then Dragon Ball Z Kai or Fairy Tail nothing even remotely comes close to being as popular as Bleach. None of Viz's other dubbed anime even comes close though I kind of feel like Nura Rise of the Yokai could take over it seems to have a similar look and style to Bleach though I'm not sure how popular it would be.

Fairy Tail just makes sense as it's been highly requested, it's licensed by Funi, it's a show they can air FOREVER, and it's a guaranteed hit that the masses will come to watch.

I didn't know that Fairy Tail was all that popular in the US. I read the manga for a long time but even the bigger arcs didn't feel all that interesting or memorable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"Bitches love ______"

While they aren't afraid air older stuff, my guess is that they want to keep airing as much new stuff as possible to keep ratings high during the first half of the block.

At the same time I would hope they wouldn't just put a bad show up front just because it's new.

I didn't know that Fairy Tail was all that popular in the US. I read the manga for a long time but even the bigger arcs didn't feel all that interesting or memorable.

I'm not entirely sure it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom