• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days I'm thinking bout joining yall on the toonami binge of watching from 11-5

Is it as bad and as tiring as it sounds?

Not bad at all, come join us it's a lot of fun

The beginning is actually the hardest part- if you can survive the Power 12-1 hour of Bleach and Naruto Shippuden, the 2 worst shows on the block, it's not that bad

Which shouldn't be so bad in 2 weeks when Space Dandy interrupts the two, and Bleach will be back in canon and from what I can tell this next arc in the anime is pretty well paced
because they knew the series was going to be canceled at the end of the arc and said fuck it

daveo42

Banned
One of these days I'm thinking bout joining yall on the toonami binge of watching from 11-5

Is it as bad and as tiring as it sounds?

I can never make it past IGPX, but it's doable with enough caffeine and maybe an afternoon nap. Good stuff comes on after that, so you should be golden through to the end if you can survive IGPX.

bigkrev

Not bad at all, come join us it's a lot of fun

Which shouldn't be so bad in 2 weeks when Space Dandy interrupts the two, and Bleach will be back in canon and from what I can tell this next arc in the anime is pretty well paced
because they knew the series was going to be canceled at the end of the arc and said fuck it

It's still Bleach though. Even if it's canon, it's going to be pretty rough

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also as far as Bleach goes in general after the SS arc ends.

Bleach one off Anime Only>Canon Bleach>Bleach Anime Only Arcs

Because Bleach is at its best when its only a couple of the characters having fun in wacky situations.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah, Bleach is at it's best when you just watch the original opening, and then stop watching when it ends

I...can't argue this!

proxy.jpg

How did I miss this??? Who made this??? Why would they make this? The internet truly is a strange fascinating place.

bigkrev

Oh, I do have a counter to the just watch the first opening to Bleach argument.

You'd never hear this!

hmmmmmm

Nah, it's not worth destroying the perfect Bleach experience
Just watching the OP for 90 seconds perfectly reflects how long it takes to read a weekly chapter of Bleach

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's only 4 dead people from the SS with names in the first opening. Rukia, Her Brother, Clog Guy, Cat. Two of them are ex SS! There are high school students besides the core four in the opening! It's a completely different show about saving lost souls and hunting down monsters.

bigkrev

There's only 4 dead people from the SS with names in the first opening. Rukia, Her Brother, Clog Guy, Cat. Two of them are ex SS! There are high school students besides the core four in the opening! It's a completely different show about saving lost souls and hunting down monsters.

NaNoWriMo challenge- write an original series based solely on what you get from that opening

Guaranteed to be better than what Kubo did!

Seda

It's criminal that they never do anything with Tatsuki and/or Ichigo's sister. Those two had some semi interesting character set up early on just to be forgotten.

Don't reply with future spoilers if there even are any btw.

bigkrev

It's criminal that they never do anything with Tatsuki and/or Ichigo's sister. Those two had some semi interesting character set up early on just to be forgotten.

[spoilerz]Its bleach of course nothing interesting happens[/hotspoilers]

Oh, the other important Bleach thing is the early PSP games. Till Tekken 5 came out, they were the best fighters on the system. I stopped watching/reading Bleach in 2007, but those games were still fun as they filled with more and more dumb characters

Man God

Non-Canon Member

We can sense spirit energy in a different way than most humans who can!

yVXuJzZ.jpg

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the explanation for it boils down to Ichigo's spirit is so strong his powers leaked out to people he was close to, making them sensitive. Even his sister who should share the same genetics would be without that a regular joe.

daveo42

Banned
We can sense spirit energy in a different way than most humans who can!

yVXuJzZ.jpg

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the explanation for it boils down to Ichigo's spirit is so strong his powers leaked out to people he was close to, making them sensitive. Even his sister who should share the same genetics would be without that a regular joe.

Yup, that's the main reason why Chad and Orihime get their powers as explained during the training portion prior to the invasion of Soul Society.

Edit: At least most of the Bleach OP are good and interesting. The insane increase in the number of people flooding the OPs starts really early on though and never stops...

daveo42

Banned
Weren't their powers retconned multiple times?

That's what I'm sticking with because that's what I remember. I think any power ups that anyone actually get are due to their sheer will or something like that. Chad gets the more strength from his power ups while still failing a ton :lol At least Orihime can bring back the dead...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Orihime is one of the most powerful people in the universe.

The only people I can think of with cheesier powers are Aizen and the non Canon Kageroza fellow who did all that nonsense without a Bankai. Hell just plain old regular non fused with Noizomi Kageroza was already cheesy as fuck.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Orihime is one of the most powerful people in the universe.

The only people I can think of with cheesier powers are Aizen and the non Canon Kageroza fellow who did all that nonsense without a Bankai. Hell just plain old regular non fused with Noizomi Kageroza was already cheesy as fuck.

This is one of my most hated tropes.
Overpowered Stupidity

It's when a character is so overpowered that they could solve 98% of the story's problems. But in order to prevent that, the character is made incredibly stupid so they never get a chance to go all out.
The same thing happened with Peter Petrelli on Heroes. He was insanely OP but was a massive idiot to prevent him from winning everything.

Hold on, didn't Orihime once have fairies that talked to her?

This is one of my most hated tropes.
Overpowered Stupidity

It's when a character is so overpowered that they could solve 98% of the story's problems. But in order to prevent that, the character is made incredibly stupid so they never get a chance to go all out.
The same thing happened with Peter Petrelli on Heroes. He was insanely OP but was a massive idiot to prevent him from winning everything.

Hold on, didn't Orihime once have fairies that talked to her?

Yeah Kubo dropped that like the scene after they first appeared

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Penultimate episode of Naruto skips the cold open and goes for the real deal. Great opening and I'm always glad to see it.

MikeMyers

I don't dislike Orihime. I'm more angry at Kubo for wasting the potential that character had to be interesting.

If he stuck to focusing the original cast and focused on their potential I think it'd have been a better series.

Tamanon

Banned

I think there's still something going to happen for Ichigo's sister.

Manga spoilers:
She seemed to be doing his hollow-stomping job for a while

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"The Ultimate Weapon Reborn"

JwHS4jQl.jpg

The jig is up but Hoki (who has the same voice as eyebrows guy from FLCL, I'm pretty sure) asks if he really thinks he has him cornered. The only one trapped here is you! Hinata appearing first in this episode spots Gaara and the enemy he has backed into a corner of the canyon. Gaara sees no other enemies. Shino wonders if Shikamaru figured out what was truly going on and if all these battles were just diversions. Sakura is healing up Lee's leg while Ino Pig watches, she just has to reconnect two or three more muscles. Ino thinks Sakura has come a long way while she is useless. Sakura finishes up three seconds later and thinks that Lee must have been fighting like a maniac to do that. He apologizes and says he'll be forever in her debt for this but she was just doing her job. Ino tells him to stay down and Sakura orders him as a medical ninja to hold off on anymore fighting but he feels the need to repay his debt to Gaara.

ytzJcP2.gif

Gaara might be the ultimate weapon but he used up all of his chakra in the previous fight, so says Hoki. Gaara thinks the same thing but he tells him sand or no sand he can handle you. He's not scared of a ninja without a weapon though and raises his sword and Megamaning the Ultimate Kujaku Armor! Then he takes the Fang Release:Dark Sword! Oh shit is he going full on Voltron over here? A bare handed shinobi is no match for a mighty ninja tool forged by the Village of Artisans...let alone four of them. He uses a cyclone against him first, then releases the Dragon Eye: Dark Sword which nicks Gaara on the shoulder. Hoki wants him to unleash the beast inside of him. Good guy Naruto arrives on the scene and breaks Matsuri out of her cage while Gaara fends of the Voltron Celestial with some kunai. Naruto tells the girl to hide but thinks this battles is going to be ugly as Gaara is still weak even after Sakura healed him. Hoki has the Ultimate Weapon of the Sand Village cornered! Naruto comes jumping in telling Hoki that he'll be his opponent now. he blows Naruto off of his feet and tells the Leaf Ninja to watch as the Five Great Nations crumble and the Village of Artisans rises over the rest by completing its ultimate ninja tool and after that date there will be no need for ninjas to exist at all (massive, hilariously unintentional foreshadowing here.) He continues his promo about how their tools are just as good if not better than anything the five great nations made, but during time of war they are always attacked for fear of the other side gaining access to their tools. Basically the five great nations are ungrateful to these master craftsmen, take our tools and repay them with bloodshed, demanding fileaty, etc, etc. That era ends today with the fall of the Leaf Village. He keeps sending random elements at Naruto and goes for the kill with his ultimate green eyes sword dragon.

t5c5Ykkl.jpg

Not so fast. Gaara remembers his friends and Hoki is legit shook. Matsuri is impressed as hell with her sensei's use of defensive jutsu. Gaara cuts his own promo, that sand is particularly mineral rich and no bitch-made weapons will get through the barrier and he'll defend Naruto even if it takes everything he's got. Hoki thinks its a joke that the Ultimate Weapon would risk his own life for such a nuisance, use his little remaining chakra for a friend. He thinks it's a fatal decision and turns on Gaara.

NGOSxGLl.jpg

He domed him! The plan is complete! The dome fades from above Naruto. The action returns after the break to the Hokage's office. They've been contacted by someone in the Village of Artisans and apparently they've made some enemies in that land, some Four Celestial Dragons yahoos. They've been doing some illegal research, attempting to recreate the village's legendary ultimate weapon. The camera pans out revealing the person she's speaking to, Bowie-Sensei. Intelligence reports that the other villagers learning of this plan decided to evacuate the village. That explains the village being empty but Kakashi wants to know what exactly the ultimate weapon is. The revival of founder of the village, Seimei. Seimei?!? Are they actually trying to raise the dead? Well that explains the tomb being raided. Tsunade makes it a top priority to stop this revival at all costs. Before he leaves Tsunade is giving Kakashi some backup...

nEyWSoJl.jpg

Yeah it's this guy. Hoki meanwhile is going to grab the chakra from the Shukaku. It's the goal of this entire operation. He goads Gaara into unleashing the beast so he can be infused with the Chakra. Naruto comes running over as the slats on the dome close but before that happens completely he throws out the rope javelin to his favorite student. He also makes one of his sand eyes to observe things and open his third eye. Naruto wonders what he is up to...he kinda already explained it but is more than happy to continue. Long Ago Seimei created the ultimate ninja tool. Naruto thinks this guy is nuts for doing all of this for a mere weapon. But now it will be completed! He does some hand signs and the dome begins glowing. Gaara begins screaming and the blue glow of the dome reveals a stone sarcophagus behind the rock wall, which comes floating down.

3GkYjrFl.jpg

Seimei's having a blast. Oh mighty world Seimei, may your spirit join with my flesh to complete your revival. The light turns Hoki to spirit dust which it then absorbs! Gaara keeps screaming and Naruto is all confused.

q7vTdqBl.jpg

That guy came back to life! I am called Seimei, founder of the Village of Artisans. He raises his hands and proclaims that after 100 years of slumber he has awakened as the village's ultimate tool (snicker, snicker) he flashes some hand signs and Hoki's former Voltron suit comes back, which he merges with creating a bright light.

puMUDNFl.jpg

Seimei is clearly happy to see someone as he begins laughing. He's waited so long for his plans to come to fruition and basically continues Hoki's monologue here. He notices that the ultimate weapon of the sand has become the instrument for his revival. Naruto still doesn't get it but the trap is simple. The cage will force Gaara to transform and unleash his chakra, which will then be absorbed by his body and he'll obtain infinite power. Naruto won't let that happen and throws some kunai which are knocked away, only to be nearly skewered by the dragon heads. He dodges though and does a wall jump to land on top of the dome. He tries to break him out with a kunai, but no dice. Seimeri calls him a fool and knocks him away with wind. Naruto leaps back on the attack, dodging more dragon heads and this time tries the dome with his bare hands! Keep listening to the sound of my voice, don't give up Gaara. Gaara meanwhile is trying to hold back the beast but one of his eyes changes.

A16CYDil.jpg

The recon team minus Sakura joins up with Temari and Shikamaru on the way to the valley. Must not have been moving very fast because Lee, Sakura, and Ino Pig catch up to them on the right. Shikamaru asks for the word but Lee has no idea where Naruto and Gaara are. He then asks Neji and Hinata and Hinata tells him about the cage in the canyon with all that chakra being extracted. Could mean Gaara is inside. Temari wants a word with him and asks if he was aware of the terrible power lying dormant inside Gaara. Yeah, I think he knows about that. She's worried about him containing the power and that something truly awful could happen if the Shukaku went berserk. Seimei is done playing games with Naruto and attempts to roast him. Too hot for ya? Naruto hates this guy and attempts to dig under the dome. Seimei flies around the side and begins the attack again. Dragon heads, more wind, you get the idea. Uses Solid Blanks on him, wind bullets and knocks him against the canyon wall. Seimei laughs, he's been waiting for this for a long time after all and begins drinking up the Shukaku's power, which he finds incredible. Naruto...gets up! No quit left in this guy! Seimei wants the boy to give up, he already has the power of the Shukaku and says that he declares war against the five great nations and every single ninja who took advantage of his village over those one hundred years. Naruto has had enough of this and finally cuts his own promo, tell him to shut his mouth. Naruto's not going to let you use our own power against us and hopes he liked the taste of Gaara's power, because you're about to give it back. Sharing is caring! Mastsuri wonders how Naruto can still stand and Seimei wonders why a Leaf Ninja would stand up for a monster of the sand. The power of friendship, brah! Matsuri has her own FLASHBACK of Gaara describing his good buddy Naruto and how he'd always fight for his friends and then she looks at her rope javelin and how she's learned the lesson of fighting for your friends. Seimei wants Naruto to die for his friend!

lsEMxxrl.jpg

Denied! Seimei wants to know what this girl is doing but she cuts her own promo, Gaara taught her that weapons aren't for killing, they are for protecting your friends! Nonsense as he flings the girl away, what a jerk.

JZcwEDPl.jpg

Gaara's transformation has begun as he knocks his way through the dome. Naruto wonders if that's really him as the episode ends.

NEXT EPISODE: "Departure"

BONUS:

rgiPht7.gif

LOLDSFAN

Speaking of Nozomi, I finally caught up on the latest episode of Bleach.

Maaaaan that was some good animation. Sometimes I wish they'd just show shonen in seasons. That way there'd be no filler and there would be minimal dipping of animation quality.

789shadow

Banned

Maaaaan that was some good animation. Sometimes I wish they'd just show shonen in seasons. That way there'd be no filler and there would be minimal dipping of animation quality.
NOT ENOUGH MONEY, KEEP MAKING WEEKLY EPISODES

789shadow

Banned
Is Ichigo's dad the only reveal that pays off in the entire series?

Well, besides Aizen's magnificent original one.
I'm still holding out hope that everything since Aizen's defeat was actually Aizen's bankai. Just go for broke, Kubo. People will be too busy being legit shook to mount any sort of logical assessment of the story at that point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still holding out hope that everything since Aizen's defeat was actually Aizen's bankai. Just go for broke, Kubo. People will be too busy being legit shook to mount any sort of logical assessment of the story at that point.

Fake, fake Karakura town.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Magi is seasonal but the animation is still pretty bottom of the barrel unfortunately. Great show, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Enlighten me on where all these bass's are from bro,I knew like 2 of them obviously

BmFdVNACYAAGKVZ.jpg

Bass, Vile from MMX (not bass) Bass:powered Up, Bass.exe, Final boss from MML2, also not Bass. Wait, is there even a Powered Up Bass?

EDIT: Four more posts and I'll finish up Naruto so I can concentrate on the Birthday Surprise Bleach tomorrow.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bass sucks. He's the Shadow the Hedgehog of Mega Man.

Vile's cool, though.

Shadow the Hedgehog is the Bass of Sonic, more like. Capcom once again ahead of the curve. Shadow is also never better than Sonic in any of the games they are in, which isn't true of Bass who is drastically better suited for Megaman and Bass. I'd argue he's worse in MM10 but he's a DLC character so who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom