• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should take a moment to talk about just how many new shows we've gotten this year thus far.

2014 is not even half way done and we already have SEVEN new shows on the block.
Last year, we only had six.

I think by the end of the year, if this momentum keeps up, Toonami will have acquired over TWELVE new shows.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

BmFdVNACYAAGKVZ.jpg

If someone could cut out the PU Bass from this an avatar it I'd love you forever

789shadow

Banned
This post in the "Annoying things non-gamers say" thread:

I hate the odd look when you tell someone at work that you play video games. It's like a puzzled/shocked slash quizzical look. Like it's difficult to believe that a 33 year old man would be into such "foolishness".

I can't help it that I'm so precocious and full of wonderment. LOL

I agree, but I can't help notice the avatar........

image.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0&index=4&list=FLm9ue_Va54pafTvFgelKFwQ

daveo42

Banned

3.33 will most definitely come out sometime this summer on Toonami, just not sure if it'll show up in May. I'm sure there are a ton of other movies they could fit into this block.

May 25th is the Momocon panel too (or maybe it's the day before). Perhaps they will announce: "Movie night. Eva 3.33. Tonight."

(I don't know how long that movie is, it's just an example)

It's 1h46m, meaning it might not air then unless they cut back on the commercial break length.

bigkrev

May 25th is the Momocon panel too (or maybe it's the day before). Perhaps they will announce: "Movie night. Eva 3.33. Tonight."

(I don't know how long that movie is, it's just an example)

They aren't giving the movie away for free before it's on sale on Blu-ray.

For anyone that's played Danganronpa....that shit is fucked up yo.

I've not been legit shook by a game in awhile but I'm only a couple chapters into this one and I'm shooking like jungle booty earthquake music.

bigkrev

Only Chapter 3, I started it yesterday to replace Demon Gaze as my commuter game. I got it because everyone on GAF was raving about it. I didn't expect this.

Oh man. Shit has only, like, gone 20% down
Fun fact: Monokumas Japanese voice actress was the woman who played Doremon for a long time. Imagine Mickey Mouses voice coming out of him now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I cannot freakin' wait for Danganronpa 2 to be released. Making sure I don't spoil anything during the following months.

& yes, holy crap, that OST. First time I heard that trial music, was just blown away. Hope Vs. Despair version is the best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My Cruel Angel's thesis going into doing the anime only episodes of Naruto was that it would be just as bad if not worse than I remembered. I held by the belief that those 80 episodes held the world back from Kakashi Gaiden and the inherent goodness of Part II. The constant end of arc teases only to get a preview for the next filler episode was such a bummer while seemingly neat shit was happening each and every week in the manga.

Then when part 2 happened in the form of Shippuden I remember that high lasting most of a year and I stayed current on the product but petered out on it halfway through the second arc. The exact time I petered out on it watching the dub years later. I probably blamed so called "filler hell" for it then too, remembering that year of my life that I caught up to the show as everyone was lambasting it for being non canon.

Well almost a decade later I'm watching these and Naruto Shippuden at the same time (thankfully not the same rate and guess what?) I was wrong. Filler Hell is better than Shippuden so far.

It's actually got better animation, this I was completely not expecting. The worst of Shippuden has been better than the worst of the anime only seasons...but not by much. The better animated arcs favor the old show dramatically and the median is a slight edge to the old stuff. I guess it took the team a long while to get with the new coloring and they definitely saved their budget for the end of arc fight.

It's got far better pacing, hell it's only real problem in the pacing department were two arcs that went on for one episode too long and about six or seven that could have actually used another episode for fights to resolve cleaner.

Characters are better in filler mode. Random wacky ninja hijinks are better than slower than dirt plodding along, drawing out the point for months and months. It's actually a lot like the end of Namek in Naruto land right now, it's going somewhere very interesting but it is taking months and months to get there.

Shippuden does have better music than filler hell, which only has a few really stand out minutes of scoring. Shippuden also doesn't have an opening as bad as the sixth one of original Naruto for a long ass time.

bigkrev

Gorillaz

One of these days I'm thinking bout joining yall on the toonami binge of watching from 11-5

Is it as bad and as tiring as it sounds?

bigkrev

One of these days I'm thinking bout joining yall on the toonami binge of watching from 11-5

Is it as bad and as tiring as it sounds?

The beginning is actually the hardest part- if you can survive the Power 12-1 hour of Bleach and Naruto Shippuden, the 2 worst shows on the block, it's not that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom