• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

They said Space Dandy S2 starts in July. So that doesn't hold if they are going to air the first 13 episodes of AoT and then switch to Space Dandy to the 11:30 slot. It would be August by then.

Then again, they kept saying Blue Exorcist would start in March but it actually started in February.

*shrug*

IIRC wasn't it the last Sunday of February or something?

Return of superior US opening? Happy days are here again!

i9CL2kEhKJywW.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I find it highly unlikely that Toonami would blow both of their huge shows at the same time. I think a split for Titan with Dandy replacing it then Titan resuming makes the most sense.

Regiruler

I'm glad they ditched OG Naruto. That show was overplayed to death.
OG naruto is one of those shows that I like to chuckle and just mindlessly watch at times, and would totally get a kick out if it if it was played in the afternoon or something. But I ain't staying up till 3 to watch that shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach has been at midnight for years, predating Toonami significantly. It's tough to think they'd move it.

Predating this form of Toonami at any rate.

I'm not positive but I think it's also been slightly earlier in the lineup when it first ran.

Regiruler

Bleach has been at midnight for years, predating Toonami significantly. It's tough to think they'd move it.

Is there some sort of significance in the series with midnight or is it just an IRL stylistic choice?

Or just something to maintain time memory so fans know when to watch it? Shows not sticking to a timeslot has a tendency to throw off more casual fans and was often the bane of my existence.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Dandy goes after the best ramen in the universe, believe it. On Bleach, the originals fight back as Ichigo comes to his senses, Naruto unleashes his newest attack on Itachi, the leader of CP5 sets his sights on Tom and his Pluton blueprints, the students find themselves under a ghoul attack once again, Lagoon Company is tasked with retrieving a painting left behind by the Nazis, Zabuza tries to gain the advantage over Kakashi's Sharingan, The Laughing Man returns to the scene of the crime and kidnaps the CEO of Serano Genomics all over again, the Elrics find all kinds of trouble in the 5th Lab, Jack makes a memorable friend, the playoff race between Satomi and Velshtein comes to its conclusion, Obi-wan is tasked with guarding a duchess from terrorists, and the Galalunians are forced to face their fears.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 2 - Search for the Phantom Space Ramen, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 340 - Reigai vs. Originals, Fierce Fighting for Gambled Pride!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 15 - The Secret Weapon is Called....
1:00 - One Piece - 249 - Spandam's Scheme! The Day the Sea Train Shook!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 8 - Now a Certain Man Was Sick...
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 4 - Die Rückkehr des Adlers
2:30 - Naruto - 15 - Zero Visibility: The Sharingan Shatters
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 23 - EQUINOX
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 8 - The Fifth Laboratory
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 11 - Jack and the Scotsman
4:30 - IGPX - 24 - Winner's Circle
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 34 - The Mandalore Plot
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 6 - Shaman of Fear

In Japan Space Dandy S2 should be starting on July 6th or July 13th. So if Toonami still has the world premier rights, it'll be the day before that in the US.

They said Space Dandy S2 starts in July. So that doesn't hold if they are going to air the first 13 episodes of AoT and then switch to Space Dandy to the 11:30 slot. It would be August by then.

Then again, they kept saying Blue Exorcist would start in March but it actually started in February.

*shrug*

Hmm. So do you think it moves to 11PM because it has shown to be popular with the 13 episodes plus 1 re-run? 12:30AM (not PM like it says on Funimation) would be too drastic of a shift from a programming standpoint.

Regiruler

Did we already see the cat episode in Blue Exorcist? I think I missed one or two so I don't know if I just missed it or it was later.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hmm. So do you think it moves to 11PM because it has shown to be popular with the 13 episodes plus 1 re-run? 12:30AM (not PM like it says on Funimation) would be too drastic of a shift from a programming standpoint.

The only logical conclusion would be that we're not getting a world premier of Dandy S2!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So the order of shows ending is...IGPX, SBT, BE, Black Lagoon, Space Dandy, GITS, Bleach, Samurai Jack, Naruto (assuming 52), FMA:B. The rest will never end.

Regiruler

Since you guys are very good with anime, I was trying to remember the name of one and got stuck: it revolved around a sword that a guy needed to go around and collect enhancements for. I distinctly remember one episode where he was faced with killing his girlfriend or the world being destroyed because she was possessed by some sort of world-destroying demon, and he took a third option with a soul-slicing blade that only harmed spirits while leaving physical objects intact.
We saw the weird cooking one and then the one with Kamiki being a bitch.
The one in the bathhouse? That was last week, I watched it with you guys.

It seems I was getting ahead of myself. I always found the ordering of BE to be very weird.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Having caught up on the manga, there's a very good reason Kamiki is a total bitch.
A shame the anime will never cover it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since you guys are very good with anime, I was trying to remember the name of one and got stuck: it revolved around a sword that a guy needed to go around and collect enhancements for. I distinctly remember one episode where he was faced with killing his girlfriend or the world being destroyed because she was possessed by some sort of world-destroying demon, and he took a third option with a soul-slicing blade that only harmed spirits while leaving physical objects intact.

....that sounds...familiar.

I know that one. It's called Boku no Pico.

daveo42

Banned

Depends on how well AoT does in the ratings. My guess is either an 11pm or 1130pm with a replay for AoT and a probable shift in schedule for AoT for reruns. I think the deal for the Toonami Space Dandy premieres is for all 26 episodes.

We'll see.

I'd be legit shook if we make it past 1.5mil for the Toonami premiere.

Oh man I missed some news huh, One piece being bumped back is a real disappointment, come July it looks like i will have 30 minute breaks between a lot of the shows I'm actually interested in, I guess that is better than a powernap hr though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom