• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

You got it easy, now I have to stay fully awake until 2:30 when BE ends.

It gets exponentially more difficult as time passes.

So the next shows that are ending are...SBT, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Space Dandy, and Bleach. right?

In that order? Is Space Dandy supposed to include season 2 as well?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, the only downside is One Piece getting pushed down. If only Western viewers would realize it's vastly better than Shippuden.

Regiruler

TBH I don't really like the art style in one piece from what I've watched of it. It's one of the reasons I prefer shippuden.

Granted I haven't actually followed one piece so I am admittedly biased.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You got it easy, now I have to stay fully awake until 2:30 when BE ends.

It gets exponentially more difficult as time passes.

In that order? Is Space Dandy supposed to include season 2 as well?

I think that's right including Season 2. BE started first and is 25 episodes. SBT is only 20 episodes so they'll end almost at the same time, Dandy is 26 in its final, long awaited 100%, Black Lagoon is 26 and Bleach ends sometime in October.

TBH I don't really like the art style in one piece from what I've watched of it. It's one of the reasons I prefer shippuden.

You might want to start watching now because shit is gonna get mega real

What's going o---

ibjQYFWKsTrJpp.gif

ibjQYFWKsTrJpp.gif

ibjQYFWKsTrJpp.gif

ASASASBADBGWEWATTACKONTITANISCOMINGGGG!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You must catch up then. Don't be put off by the art style. It's a much more mature and well put together show than Shippuden or Bleach could ever pretend to be. It's the top selling manga of all time for a reason.

Regiruler

You might want to start watching now because shit is gonna get mega real

I don't know half these characters. I just have the show playing in the background while I dick around in a wii u game of my choice on the gamepad.

I have absolutely no interest in watching a new anime on my own currently, so catching up is out of the question.

Gorillaz

Speaking of Black Lagoon's episodes, I am starting to wonder since they are starting it up manga wise, if they are going to being making more episodes and want to get the series going a bit on Toonami so by the time it's over (probably after seperating the seasons by a few months) they will have season 3 ready to play on Toonami

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't know half these characters. I just have the show playing in the background while I dick around in a wii u game of my choice on the gamepad.

Go read the manga to catch up or start from the beginning and watch when you have time. It's going to be far and away the best show on the block in the coming weeks.

duckroll

When they say "Season 1" for AoT, could they mean episodes 1-13? The first DVD/BD set hits June 3rd, and the second one isn't listed yet I think.

Regiruler

At worst if you don't have time to marathon the anime just power hour the manga, trust us it'll be worth it

I don't read manga. Often lost while reading it as my sense of positioning is shot.

Might pick up the BE manga at some point when I'm downright board and out of a book to read, but I'm busy with multiple series.

Come on, AS.

Let Toonami expand to 11PM. It's not fair that most of the good shows on the block get bumped down half an hour.

Replace Shippuden with One Piece and Bleach with Black Lagoon or blue Exorcist.

789shadow

Banned
Speaking of Black Lagoon's episodes, I am starting to wonder since they are starting it up manga wise, if they are going to being making more episodes and want to get the series going a bit on Toonami so by the time it's over (probably after seperating the seasons by a few months) they will have season 3 ready to play on Toonami
I wouldn't bet on this happening.

Amikami

Banned
I wonder what happens when Space Dandy S2 hits. Premieres at 12:30?

Was wondering the same.I can't imagine them having a premiere like space Dandy S2 there. It'll probably be placed at either 11:30 or 12 depending on AoT's popularity.

daveo42

Banned
When they say "Season 1" for AoT, could they mean episodes 1-13? The first DVD/BD set hits June 3rd, and the second one isn't listed yet I think.

Somewhat disappointing, but sounds probable. There hasn't been an announcement for another season of AoT afaik.

duckroll

13 weeks gets them to the end of July. When is Space Dandy's second half starting? before the last Saturday of June or the first one in August?

In Japan Space Dandy S2 should be starting on July 6th or July 13th. So if Toonami still has the world premier rights, it'll be the day before that in the US.

Seda

13 weeks gets them to the end of July. When is Space Dandy's second half starting? before the last Saturday of June or the first one in August?

They said Space Dandy S2 starts in July. So that doesn't hold if they are going to air the first 13 episodes of AoT and then switch to Space Dandy to the 11:30 slot. It would be August by then.

Then again, they kept saying Blue Exorcist would start in March but it actually started in February.

*shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom