• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asshole.

Am I severely missing something and you people are dicking around with me?

ibeagteG2f93dX.gif

I'm just fooling with ya. I don't know what show you're talking about.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh man I missed some news huh, One piece being bumped back is a real disappointment, come July it looks like i will have 30 minute breaks between a lot of the shows I'm actually interested in, I guess that is better than a powernap hr though.

Shippuden will actually be pretty good in July.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I found the first episode of F/Z very interesting. Of course I'm in the minority. I only follow the one true king Duckroll.

I found the first episode of F/Z very interesting. Of course I'm in the minority. I only follow the one true king Duckroll.

It is interesting in hind sight, but it gives the series a very bad first impression, should have started with an action scene then flashed back to those character explanations

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, they're airing the MLK Jr. episode of Boondocks.
This episode gets harder to watch as the years go by...

LOLDSFAN

Looking at the schedule I wish they could have bumped Dandy even further. My ideal block would be this:

11:30 – Attack on Titan
12:00 – Bleach
12:30 – One Piece
1:00 – Blue Exorcist
1:30 – Black Lagoon
2:00-4:30 - Doesn't really matter to me
5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha

SykoTech

Just saw an Attack on Titan ad while watching Boondocks. Neat. Never seen it, but I've heard good things and have been meaning to get around to it. It'll be fun watching it for the first time.

One Piece getting bumped back sucks though.

i thought it was interesting enough to hold my attention, though that was entirely because of the subject matter; the execution was pretty damn poor. i still remember two characters walking in circles as they deliver exposition.

there are shows way less talky than Fate/Zero's first episode that i would still be hesitant to say should be on Toonami just due to the Adult Swim audience's pretty short attention span.

RedBoot

Did we already see the cat episode in Blue Exorcist? I think I missed one or two so I don't know if I just missed it or it was later.

That's like 2-3 weeks from now, I think. I forget the exact order of the episodes.

Also, Scotsman episode on Jack tonight. Won't be able to stay up for it, but it's one of the best.

Looking at the schedule I wish they could have bumped Dandy even further. My ideal block would be this:

11:30 – Attack on Titan
12:00 – Bleach
12:30 – One Piece
1:00 – Blue Exorcist
1:30 – Black Lagoon
2:00-5:30 - Doesn't really matter to me

True ideal block

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30 - One Piece
1:00 - Black Lagoon
1:30 - Kill La Kill
2:00 on - Who cares

Man God

Non-Canon Member
True ideal block

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30 - One Piece
1:00 - Black Lagoon
1:30 - Kill La Kill
2:00 - Mobile Fighter G Gundam
2:30 - GTO
3:00 - Earth's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi
3:30 - Outlaw Star
4:00 - Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
4:30 - Batman:The Animated Series
5:00 - Justice League:Unlimited
5:30 - Batman Beyond.

Tenumi

Banned
I suppose this marks the end for my involvement in live watching. No way am I staying up until 1:30 AM just for the first show I'm actually interested in watching. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be recording and watching, but I have enough trouble with Saturdays and my sleep schedule as it is.

I suppose this marks the end for my involvement in live watching. No way am I staying up until 1:30 AM just for the first show I'm actually interested in watching. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be recording and watching, but I have enough trouble with Saturdays and my sleep schedule as it is.

:'(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Do you think the Adult Swim Action of 2008-2011 would have aired Attack on Titan this quickly? Or would it have been years down the line?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still, it was almost inevitable that Attack on Titan would grace the confines of Toonami

The dream deferred. Hell I and everyone here expected it...this fall. May is super early.

The next inevitable block to fall is Sailor Moon...whenever that dub happens.

Do you think the Adult Swim Action of 2008-2011 would have aired Attack on Titan this quickly? Or would it have been years down the line?

Well, they usually got shows very quickly...that died in the ratings because of the stink the block developed. Bleach always did well and besides that...Death Note did well on its first airing but everything else was one and done, rushed through, aired late as hell. This block though...I never imagined in my wildest dreams it would be this strong.

LOLDSFAN

Aw. :<

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The dream deferred. Hell I and everyone here expected it...this fall. May is super early.

The next inevitable block to fall is Sailor Moon...whenever that dub happens.

How is May early? As soon as we found out that Dandy was split into two blocks we all should've known that Titan was going to fill that spot.

zzzzz

wake me when HxH '11, JoJo* or KLK are announced

*There once was a time where I was about to give up hope on this, but with a legal stream of the series going now, I have renewed strength in waiting for a dub. (But there's no damn reason HxH should be taking this long to get announced)

My jaw dropped a few minutes ago. I didn't know that Toonami was going to air AOT. That's pretty cool! I already watched it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in English.

zzzzz

wake me when HxH '11, JoJo* or KLK are announced

*There once was a time where I was about to give up hope on this, but with a legal stream of the series going now, I have renewed strength in waiting for a dub. (But there's no damn reason HxH should be taking this long to get announced)

I always wanted HxH2011 on Toonami ever since it came back, but I gave up hope on it. I'm not even sure if it has an English dub? Jojo would be cool as well, but part 1 isn't one of the greater parts to watch. Wish they would be able to start it off on part 2, but I know that'd be a big problem.

Gorillaz

Finally showed the full "trailer" for boondocks season 4

Definitely looks like a breaking bad parody, star wars and everything else

Just woke up and heard the news so i'll give my reaction.

ATTACK ON TITAN YESSSSSSSSSSSS

BACK LAGOON AND ONE PIECE MOVES DOWN A SPOT NOOOOOOOO.

I expect 2 million easily.
You mean Fox syndicated levels. That would be amazingly awesome but that's a tough number to get. I say 1.5 mill
Does this mean we lose Viva Namida?

Maybe, but somehow Black Lagoon keeps its full OP every week so maybe so will Space Dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom