• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
choo choo

932b809639d8b5d54016fe8a33ee1517.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hahaha oh wow.
I was looking over tonight's shows on my cable box, and the Shippuden description says "Granny Chiyo and Sakuro rescue Naruto from Itachi"

Raxus

I am guessing it will be something tame like a Space Dandy Season 2 tease but AoT would be sweet. However they need to find the room for it.

I'd imagine they'd save that for a big press release at an Anime Convention, of which there are a half dozen of in the next few months.

well i mean, i feel like the prime opportunity to announce Attack on Titan was not now but a couple weeks ago, and what else would it really be from Funimation? oh wait what if it's Cowboy Bebop O_O

Amikami

Banned
14 weeks is all you had left. That means 14 episodes of this project. This all ends on Dandy day in two weeks. The first day of Naruto freedom 15 days from now, the day Toonami ends on will also be the last day of IGPX...hopefully.

Wow. I made it much farther than I thought. Still, 14 weeks was 14 weeks too many.

Somebody needs to photoshop are avatars on this.

That's what I was thinking the moment I saw the image.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wow. I made it much farther than I thought. Still, 14 weeks was 14 weeks too many.

The arc right after this one IS AWFUL. The one after that is so unmemorable it's one of only three arcs or episodes this entire filler run I have absolutely no memory of. The final arc is great and like the Anko arc should be canon.

EDIT: Wait no. There's a one off after this arc that is awful. Then the arc after that is forgettable but not bad, then the one I have zero memory of, then the final good one.

Tenumi

Banned
...I was going joke about SAO 2 and Accel World before I realized, Funi doesn't have those. My brain is broken, needs service soon.

I expect something very tame, not a big announcement, although I would be pleasantly surprised if it was (even if it was AOT).

Seda

Md7VoYD.png

Flower Mound, TX – (April 12, 2014) Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network paired with Cartoon Network, announced today that it will begin airing Attack on Titan during the popular anime programming block known as Toonami. The series is scheduled to begin airing on Saturday, May 3rd at 11:30 pm ET.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/12/funimation-series-attack-on-titan-to-air-on-toonami-block?utm_medium=TwitterBlog&utm_campaign=AttackOnTitanToonami&utm_source=AttackOnTitanSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/82537856899/attack-on-titan-is-coming-may-3rd-at

You’ve asked for it for months, and we’ve said we can’t talk about future shows. But now we CAN, because we’re getting Attack on Titan!
Toonami will premiere Season1 starting Saturday May 3rd at 11:30p. Repeat Episodes of Space Dandy will move to 12:30a.
Full Line up below.
Get Ready for the Attack!
11:30 – Attack on Titan
12:00 – Bleach
12:30 – Space Dandy
1:00 – Naruto: Shippuden
1:30 – One Piece
2:00 – Blue Exorcist
2:30 – Black Lagoon
3:00 – Naruto
3:30 – GITS
4:00 – FMAB
4:30 – Samurai Jack
5:00 – SWCW
5:30 - Sym–bionic Titan

Seda

You’ve asked for it for months, and we’ve said we can’t talk about future shows. But now we CAN, because we’re getting Attack on Titan!

Toonami will premiere Season1 starting Saturday May 3rd at 11:30p. Repeat Episodes of Space Dandy will move to 12:30a.
Full Line up below.
Get Ready for the Attack!
11:30 – Attack on Titan
12:00 – Bleach
12:30 – Space Dandy
1:00 – Naruto: Shippuden
1:30 – One Piece
2:00 – Blue Exorcist
2:30 – Black Lagoon
3:00 – Naruto
3:30 – GITS
4:00 – FMAB
4:30 – Samurai Jack
5:00 – SWCW
5:30 - Sym–bionic Titan

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/82537856899/attack-on-titan-is-coming-may-3rd-at

RedBoot

I'd rather they flip Bleach and Dandy on that schedule, but I guess Bleach has been in that slot for so long that they may as well keep it there. Still, awesome either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom