• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Much better than Thriller Bark or Lets watch these shit characters we introduced late as fuck commentate everything because fuck pacing.

fuck

Thriller Bark is better in the manga
You don't also have to hear Kishishishishi/Horohorohorohoro/Fosfosfosfos actually said out lout

Puruzi

Banned

latest
BEST
GIRL.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta goes after Frieza's men while Gohan and Krillin have a run in of their own with Frieza's goons, Nonon is back for more but Ryuko is in for some even bigger surprises, Kirito-chan gets his feet wet in Gun Gale Online and finds a new member for his harem in Sinon, Magatsuhi sets his sights on Kohaku's jewel shard and attempts to take control of the young demon slayer, Asuma teaches Naruto and Sora wind chakra but Sora learns some deep dark secrets because it's not Naruto without angst, Zoro takes on Kaku solo while Sogeking and Nami finally get some backup against the wolf Jabra, and Eren and his band of misfits have hijinks at Lt. Harris' expense before graduating from Police Academy. Wait, sorry, I was thinking about other shit.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 19 - A Powerful New Foe! Frieza, Ruler of the Universe!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 20 - The Rebellion Against Frieza! Vegeta's Burning Ambition!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 11 - I'm Not Your Cute Woman
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 4 - GGO
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 19 - Kohaku's Shard
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 63 - The Two Kings
2:30 - One Piece - 297 - Hunter Sanji Makes An Entrence? Elegy for a Lying Wolf!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2

BBboy20

Sonny Strait said:
Seriously, someone needs to start a campaign to get Assassination Classroom on Cartoon Network. It is by far the best anime I've ever worked on. There's a reason it is so darned popular in Japan. And let's face it that has always translated into popular here.

Well, FB commenters already have pointed to DeMarco/Toonami.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looks great SAB. I love that you reference Unicron. That opening shot from the movie is amazing.

A mundane animation cell this week because the others are WAY too spoilery:

WniO0az.png

ULxVHhq.jpg

I love the opening animation in that, and the GI-Joe Movie. They're just so impressive and eye-catching! The G.I. Joe one in particular felt like a hyped up super-episode.

Mako's Ma totally makes me think there could be a series that starts focusing on the kids... then switches to the parents, and no one would really complain. I love how older in anime = " just as hot, but with 1 line on their face somewhere + slightly faded hair"

Well, FB commenters already have pointed to DeMarco/Toonami.

I only have experience with this thanks to J-Stars Victory VS, but I think I'd be happy to see it here too.

BatDan

Oh hey, Steve Blum plays Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat X. Neat.

Oooh, this is the infamous "Quagmire speaks for the fans" scene.

Crocodile

Noragami could work for Toonami but one of the main characters was such a shit-hole that it really hurt the show for me.

Read a bit of this due to morbid curiosity. It's crap. I will say that the staff list for the anime is made up of a lot of very talented people though. Maybe they can polish a turd?

Holy shit, Ninja Slayer is something else. I wonder if Funimation had any idea what they were getting into when they picked it up lol. All the previews made it out to be some generic battle show but it ended up being something pretty hilarious.

YEEART!

I can't imagine a company would be stupid enough in this day and age to PAY MONEY for a property sight unseen. Just because we were trolled doesn't mean Funimation was trolled.

Akainu

How many inuyasha episodes took place in the present? I vaguely remember one with a ghost and one with a play in it, was that the same episode?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How many inuyasha episodes took place in the present? I vaguely remember one with a ghost and one with a play in it was that the same episode?

The ghost one was pretty early on. The play was like 120-something episodes in. There were a few more.

BatDan

It does feel like the stars aligned when it comes to Dragon Ball right now.
Not only is Toonami starting up Namek, but there's a new movie with Freeza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom