• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

So NeoGAF has an F.A.Q. forum that's kinda hidden considering you can only get to it from the main page (yes, NeoGAF has one of those too :O).

Anyways, two useful threads here are

1.) Member Etiquette and New Thread Rules (Updated: Oct 2014) (here is where "Don't bump ancient threads" is noted)
2.) Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes

This is all in addition to the T.O.S. of course (among the links at the top of the webpage)

Usually those just led to deletions now, unless somebody is being dumb about it. We have have discussed this policy a bit, because we allow links to pages with scans (at least sometimes) but for now, still no embedding.
um...thanks...

ANYWAYS...Fast 7 was like...actual hype. =D

Moaradin

Many many people seem to be enjoying it a great deal. There are like 3 people on gaf who have said that they didn't like it.

I'm enjoying it a great deal and it's definitely not something I'm typically into. It's just a genuinely funny show, and the actual cooking is really neat.

Soulflarz

Banned
so the gate perfectly opened on both sides -_- such timing

wtf
that girl is using alchemy properly on her first try. That is such bs.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Many many people seem to be enjoying it a great deal. There are like 3 people on gaf who have said that they didn't like it.

Many people were enjoying Akame Ga Kill last year until it hit that wall just to cite one word of caution.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well. That was....quite the stupid ending to a movie.
1-30 yay
31-46/47 what am i watching this is dull
47/48 whenever it goes stupid was new levels of me going what
movie was...uh
I think there was a plot and I was supposed to care but I really didnt.

BBboy20

I actually remember this.

Toonami |Apr15| We're watching anime because we're unemployed.
The Unemployed might be a good band name.

So how about that Star Wars guys?
Dat Rian Johnson sequel dou...

You know, we can think up all the right ideas about SAO now but it really doesn't matter in the end when mass murder is ultimately ok in the long term for unknown reasons and people, both in the show and in real life, seem to not notice that. It really is morally abhorrent when you think about it and it's the biggest black hole of WTF!? this show has because I honestly have no idea why. Like, that it is so fucking horrible and yet there is the possibility that the author really did not think at all about that and just did.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Anime is DOOMED, not only because of that but because they're screwing up the Jitsu wa Watashi wa adaptation. It's too damn moe and not diabolical enough. What are they going to do with the asteroid chapter? Or the Emperor of Fear? Or the Akari legends? Or the angel feathers? Or when the universe finally unites against the ultimate evil and everyone does that badass walk down the hallway? All I'm saying is they can't treat a romantic comedy like it's some moe shit!

Moaradin

I like how the first pictures I see of this show are of a bunch of dudes groping some weird wall with pop out boobs. Yep, this is an anime.

Anime is DOOMED, not only because of that but because they're screwing up the Jitsu wa Watashi wa adaptation. It's too damn moe and not diabolical enough. What are they going to do with the asteroid chapter? Or the Emperor of Fear? Or the Akari legends? Or the angel feathers? Or when the universe finally unites against the ultimate evil and everyone does that badass walk down the hallway? All I'm saying is they can't treat a romantic comedy like it's some moe shit!

But does it have THE PLOT?

I like how the first pictures I see of this show are of a bunch of dudes groping some weird wall with pop out boobs. Yep, this is an anime.

"Anime is pretty cool. It's just the fans that suck."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is true off many things. It especially applies to animation.

aWg0THL.gif

Raxus

My Hero Academia 39

Holy Shit. I know I haven't talked about the series in a while but this arc is pretty amazing. Hope the manga readers here are still checking it out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe Yotsuba& never got an anime adaptation. Azumanga worked out great, & if they needed to, they could just make episodes 12 minutes long so they don't feel dragged out.

Edit: aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddddd I was completely off. Dat ain't Yotsuba&. It's Kyouya Sata from Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji.

daveo42

Banned
Might not make it in time to tear my hair out for SAO II tonight. Sounds odd that I actually want to be around for that.

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading the Dragon Ball manga, but I never watched the entire anime before. Maybe I should at least go back and read it again.

Thanks for sharing! I liked it :3

Now uh...that terrible moment when you start to play through TLOU:R out of being unsure what to play.

I really liked TLoU on both the PS3 and PS4. It's probably one of the only games I played twice in a row when it first released.

Raxus

I dropped SnS because of the...lewdness didn't gel with me. I just don't get the popularity :(

First girl introduced is the worst too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I dropped SnS because of the...lewdness didn't gel with me. I just don't get the popularity :(

Shokugeki no Soma is a major case of "Better than it sounds"
While it does have lewd moments, it also has excellent character moments that make you want to side with them, and some great "shonen as fuck" moments.

The manga is the way to go really. I mean, the anime is decent so far but you'll more of the manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Same, that and if I wanted a cooking manga there's always the GOAT: Addicted to Curry. Why is it GOAT? Easy, because in addition to doing the shit SnS does well better than it does Addicted to Curry gives you the recipes they use in the manga.

I just hope the sns anime gets to the tournament arc where every battle is an homage to another shonen series like jojo or ygo. Those should make some great gifs

Moaradin

Holy shit, Ninja Slayer is something else. I wonder if Funimation had any idea what they were getting into when they picked it up lol. All the previews made it out to be some generic battle show but it ended up being something pretty hilarious.

YEEART!

daveo42

Banned
Even with the lewd, I'm fine with how SnS is going. I only read a handful of chapters from the manga, but keeping in line with how that went, I think I'll keep watching.

Holy shit, Ninja Slayer is something else. I wonder if Funimation had any idea what they were getting into when they picked it up lol. All the previews made it out to be some generic battle show but it ended up being something pretty hilarious.

YEEART!

I finally saw the first episode today. Fan-freakin'-tastic. Laughed my ass off for most of it. Too bad the only way it'd probably make it over here on CN would be on Adult Swim during the week. Not sure Toonami could afford to run it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

YEEART!

nFLY6ny.gif

ckohler

YEEART!

I'm actually bummed to hear it's not a real show and instead it's a comedic art experiment. I like a good comedy but I'd rather see Trigger working on another KLK-type original series. At least we have Little Witch Academia 2 to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom