• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Back in MY day, it'd cost you $30 for TWO episodes of FLCL on DVD!

......no, seriously, I remember being a teen & that's how much it'd cost at Sam Goody. That's like freakin' Aniplex levels of expensive.

Yea it used to be really really bad at the height of the bubble, now only Aniplex does that shit. Manga prices were insane as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Bulma and friends land on Namek (yes, already) while Vegeta learns that his master Frieza has his sights on the Dragon Balls too, Ryuko takes on Inumuta but even if she can beat his Probe Regalia Nonon Jakuzure waits in the wings, Kirito tells Asuna that he's ditching their shitty fairy game for the shitty grungy brown next-gen shooter, Kagome goes back to the future, the team returns to Konoha with Sora in tow, Nami has to deal with both Kalifa and the rampaging Monster Chopper, and Eren talks big but falls flat on his face.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 18 - The Ship Resting in Yunzabit! Time to Blast Off for Planet Namek!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 19 - A Powerful New Foe! Frieza, Ruler of the Universe!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 10 - I Want to Know More About You
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 3 - Memories of Blood
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 18 - The Day of Days
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 62 - Teammate
2:30 - One Piece - 296 - Nami's Decision! Fire at the Out-Of-Control Chopper!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 3 - A Dim Light Amid Despair: Humanity's Comeback, Part 1

*looks up* Oh I've seen her on other forums.
Sentai Filmworks. Man, they've been getting so much lately. What did Funi get? ... Fucking Seraph of the End.

Seraph of the End
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Heroic Legend or Arslan
Ninja Slayer

They got a few more but these are the only ones remoteley relevant in terms of potential toonami shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, let's start off where they left off and conveniently enough the place where it goes HD or we can start four years earlier with no HD.

Yes, let's start off where they left off and conveniently enough the place where it goes HD or we can start four years earlier with no HD.

As DBZ Kai has shown the AS audience doesn't give a shit about HD, or at least the few people whining about it online don't offset the million who tune in every week. One Piece should have started from episode 1 with Funi's new uncut dub so as to not alienate people who didn't want to jump into a series 200 episodes in.

Grexeno

As DBZ Kai has shown the AS audience doesn't give a shit about HD, or at least the few people whining about it online don't offset the million who tune in every week. One Piece should have started from episode 1 with Funi's new uncut dub so as to not alienate people who didn't want to jump into a series 200 episodes in.
DBZ Kai is not a good reference as it is Dragonball Z.

Grexeno

Probably going to end up staying up all night not to do homework, but to manually redownload all my songs I lost in that hard drive swap, plus several hours since I discovered how to add album artwork manually.

daveo42

Banned
azb9nqm_460sa.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

One Piece didn't start where they left off. Old Toonami left off at episode 175. Nu-Toonami started at 207.

daveo42

Banned
Who is ready for that not Namek arc!
That filler was always garbage...including the stupid space balloon.

Kekkai Sensen just may be the most stylish show I've seen in a long while

It's probably the best show of the spring season. At least it's my personal favorite.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Piece didn't start where they left off. Old Toonami left off at episode 175. Nu-Toonami started at 207.
Yup, they just skipped over the remainder of the Skypeia arc since that's where they were before it was taken off the air and went right to the arc right after (not counting filler or whatever). Figured might as well start on the next arc instead of right in the middle of one after all these years when most viewers probably wouldn't have remembered what was going on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Who is ready for that not Namek arc!
That filler was always garbage...including the stupid space balloon.

It's probably the best show of the spring season. At least it's my personal favorite.

Well I am told Gintama is the best anime ever made, it has 250 episodes, so I am not finding out anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom