• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I enjoyed Highschool of the Dead. It really shows that Madhouse animated it, and I like the sound direction a lot. When the dead make noise, it actually sounds threatening. Also, the protagonist got his shit together faster than almost any protagonist I've seen.

Jintor

I enjoyed Highschool of the Dead. It really shows that Madhouse animated it, and I like the sound direction a lot. When the dead make noise, it actually sounds threatening. Also, the protagonist got his shit together faster than almost any protagonist I've seen.

i actually really like the gun otaku

HSOTD is a really fun guilty pleasure anime and my only wish is that the author had done the traditional 'here's these girls archetypes' instead of doing 'here's these girls archetypes BUT ALSO THEY ALL HAVE HUGELY DEFORMED BREASTS'

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
i actually really like the gun otaku

HSOTD is a really fun guilty pleasure anime and my only wish is that the author had done the traditional 'here's these girls archetypes' instead of doing 'here's these girls archetypes BUT ALSO THEY ALL HAVE HUGELY DEFORMED BREASTS'
Yeah, the show would have been much better without all of the lewd nonsense. While the boob-based bullet obstacle course was kind of funny, at other times it really distracts and detracts from the show. I love the action and the characters being awesome, and while that does happen regularly, the lewdness still eats up valuable screen time. And Kouta was really fun, yeah. I like how High School of the Dead had a different ending song each time, I've never seen that done by anyone else.

Jintor

I'm not opposed to lewdness as such, it's just that it's the exact same type of lewdness x 3 and there's only so much you can take in a 22-minute episode

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I'm not opposed to lewdness as such, it's just that it's the exact same type of lewdness x 3 and there's only so much you can take in a 22-minute episode

Some of it was appropriate in context (i.e. the main lead sneaking a peak at pink-haired chick's tits). I actually kind of like that kind of thing, because horny teenagers is realistic. My views on fanservice are pretty close to those of someone else around here (think it might've been Seda, but I'm not sure): if it makes sense for it to be occurring within the series, then I'm probably fine with it. Whoever it was, they articulated it better than me. The bath time fun time episode was unnecessary in my mind, however. Even then, though, there was other stuff going that episode. The OVA was basically trash though.

Jintor

that ova was so stupid it nearly looped around to being awesome again, but didn't quite.

the main problem I have with HSOTD's fanservice is that the boobs don't actually look all that sexy anymore given their size. They just look painful. Blergh.

Crocodile

HOTD doesn't seem like the type of show that would be "improved" if the fanservice was removed or reduced.

Hahaha, there's now a Voltron reference.

I should get back into Regular Show, kind of stopped since I was busy with college & such.

Edit: OH MY GOD IT REFERENCED GURREN LAGANN &
"GIANT ASS ROBOT PILOTS A BIGGER-ASS ROBOT"!!

.....oh & there's a G Gundam reference.

tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o1_1280.gif

tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o2_1280.gif

tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o3_1280.gif

tumblr_nmkv9gV3HM1ro1no1o4_1280.gif

and so on

Episode was GREAT. Bunch of haters in the topic about the episode though

So apparently someone from Toei Europe mentioned that Sailor Moon Crystal S2 is in the works, and considering how fast Toei puts the series out (ie biweekly snail pace) that probably means we'll see Sailor Moon Crystal not only this summer but next summer as well.

Seda

Sailor Moon Crystal is basically a more literal manga adaptation, right? So there will probably be as many episodes as needed to cover the whole manga, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just how many versions of Blue Bird are there?!?

Filler Version,
Shikuden
Version, and Movie Advertisement Version?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom