• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This thread during SAO 2.

lLj75LU.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Time to go pack for my flight back in the morn.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 18 - The Ship Resting in Yunzabit! Time to Blast Off for Planet Namek!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 19 - A Powerful New Foe! Frieza, Ruler of the Universe!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 10 - I Want to Know More About You
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 3 - Memories of Blood
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 18 - The Day of Days
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 62 - Teammate
2:30 - One Piece - 296 - Nami's Decision! Fire at the Out-Of-Control Chopper!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 3 - A Dim Light Amid Despair: Humanity's Comeback, Part 1

Good ass week. Only SAO II is a wild card. Even Shippuden can't completely suck this week.

So apparently someone from Toei Europe mentioned that Sailor Moon Crystal S2 is in the works, and considering how fast Toei puts the series out (ie biweekly snail pace) that probably means we'll see Sailor Moon Crystal not only this summer but next summer as well.
We'll prob finish Kai before Crystal finishes its entire run 😪

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's what killed after-school and Saturday morning blocks.

Indeed. Follow the money.

Marvel and DC constantly messing with their animated properties to line up with the movies certainly didn't help but the first is what really did action animated shows in.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Indeed. Follow the money.

Marvel and DC constantly messing with their animated properties to line up with the movies certainly didn't help but the first is what really did action animated shows in.

The rise of sc-fi and fantasy action movies didn't help as that was animation's niche.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's a damn shame. Kids still love action media, but the television isn't where they can seek it out anymore.

The cost of making it doesn't help either, even if you go super cheap you still need to hire a damn good director to make it happen. Unless you go the Bleach route and just make all the attacks splashes of black ink...

Sailor Moon Crystal is basically a more literal manga adaptation, right? So there will probably be as many episodes as needed to cover the whole manga, right?

Yeah, but it had only been announced as a 26 episode series covering the first two manga arcs (dark kingdom/black moon or sailor moon/sailor moon r from original anime).

Also there is no way Kai finishes its run before Sailor Moon Crystal as we'll most likely see dubbed dbz kai buu saga next year on toonami.

Line_HTX

Everyone should be subscribed to his podcast.

Yeah, I can't believe I missed all these Crispin Freeman podcasts. These are so good to take all this information in.

I'm sure Toonami GAF is excited to hear SAO is getting two new figurines in Japan, one of Asuna and one of Leafa, both are in bikinis rubbing up against a beach umbrella like it's a stripper pole.

And you know it's going to sell out like hot cakes because this show is very popular for reasons unknown.

OP's first mistake was going to an anime convention. Most conventions don't really highlight the true gems of the anime medium, only the ecchi/popular stuff.

Last weekend I tried watching Super Sonico at Anime Matsuri because Sentai was doing the English Premiere so to speak... I was like, where are they going with this and walked out of the ballroom.

Is this week the first time Kirito enters GGO and tries to make six-figures for being atop of Black Ops 3?

Line_HTX

Toonami needs
Cross Ange
for the mecha quota,
Food Wars
to replace klk, and
Dungeon
"something" to replace SAO for a massive viewer boost.

SMOrc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO probably isn't that lewd and KlK is a third of the way done. Have to think of the future.

By looking to the past with Fairy Tail!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toonami needs
Cross Ange
for the mecha quota,
Food Wars
to replace klk, and
Dungeon
"something" to replace SAO for a massive viewer boost.

SMOrc

I don't know what
Dungeon
show you're referring to, but
Cross Ange and Shokugeki no Soma
are Sentai Filmworks. Not going to happen.

I don't know what
Dungeon
show you're referring to, but
Cross Ange and Shokugeki no Soma
are Sentai Filmworks. Not going to happen.

He's probably referring to "Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?", which has a waifu character that's caused the biggest craze I've seen in a while.

BatDan

He's probably referring to "Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?", which has a waifu character that's caused the biggest craze I've seen in a while.

*looks up* Oh I've seen her on other forums.
Sentai Filmworks. Man, they've been getting so much lately. What did Funi get? ... Fucking Seraph of the End.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Is that the girl with the string? Because that is one of the stupidest costume designs I've seen in a while.

Moaradin

I feel like an old man yelling at clouds with that recent anime trend. I don't understand why it's a big deal. Just looks like anime character #67391 to me.

*looks up* Oh I've seen her on other forums.
Sentai Filmworks. Man, they've been getting so much lately. What did Funi get? ... Fucking Seraph of the End.

They got Kekkai Sensen, which is easily the most promising action show with Toonami potential this season IMO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like an old man yelling at clouds with that recent anime trend. I don't understand why it's a big deal. Just looks like anime character #67391 to me.
You kids & your trends these days. Back in my day, we had to walk 5 miles in the snow to buy our bootleg VHS tapes with only 2 episodes of an anime for $50, & by golly we were happy with that.

BatDan

They got Kekkai Sensen, which is easily the most promising action show with Toonami potential this season IMO.

Oooh that show. I saw a webm of it, it was impressive. Should be good for Toonami.

So my Anime club decided to have a day out which was awesome.
I'm in a karaoke room just watching other people sing bad Japanese from their favorite openings haha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You kids & your trends these days. Back in my day, we had to walk 5 miles in the snow to buy our bootleg VHS tapes with only 2 episodes of an anime for $50, & by golly we were happy with that.

Bootlegs were cheaper than that. Some official releases hit 50 for 2-3 though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Back in MY day, it'd cost you $30 for TWO episodes of FLCL on DVD!

......no, seriously, I remember being a teen & that's how much it'd cost at Sam Goody. That's like freakin' Aniplex levels of expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom