• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I was half expecting her to shoot her mom when her eyes were closed

But I guess this isn’t written by urobutcher lol

Mik317

....and yet she doesn't freak out in game.. because of the different type of gun I guess ..sooo if it is only pistols...why the fuck is she a sniper..what good would that do?

fuck

Crocodile

Her whole fear thing is kinda justified. I mean wasn't Bruce Wayne's motivation the fact the was afraid of bats so he conquered his fear or something?

Batman actually overcomes that fear. This girl is whimpering in the corner asking to be saved. All that being saved, it doesn't seem like her Mom was particularly supportive. Did she see no therapists over the incident?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So... judging by her mom's reaction, she was scared of her and never gave her the proper reassurance or even therapy that a kid should get after killing someone in self-defense.

Too many questions.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay so none of the adults decide to help this tiny fucking child struggling with a grown man over a gun?

the mother decides the daughter is a leper instead of comforting her?

You see, a character experiencing trauma and trying to use games to overcome said trauma would be a really interesting story, but the writers don't even know what tact is, so it kind of makes this serious issue into a laughing stock.

seriously, if she just shot that guy once and the girl bully had a toy pistol or something I would have no issues with this episode.

but of course neither of those things happened and the whole thing is unspeakably stupid

daveo42

Banned
I wonder why she hasn't gone to a therapist yet or is hasn't already been suggested by either her mother or even the cops after the incident happened. Probably would have saved her a lot of heartache and maybe kept us from having to watch another season of SAO.

....and yet she doesn't freak out in game.. because of the different type of gun I guess ..sooo if it is only pistols...why the fuck is she a sniper..what good would that do?

fuck

So, holding a fake gun in real life triggers this reaction, yet holding a fake gun in a VR system that is tricking your brain to think what's happening is real apparently causes nothing.

Anyone else want to figure this one out?

Crocodile

Batman vs. Robin? Shouldn't this be like a one-sided stomping?

I was half expecting her to shoot her mom when her eyes were closed

But I guess this isn’t written by urobutcher lol

See I was expecting this too. A little disappointed to be honest - I thought the show would go full edgelord

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This could've worked SOOOOOOOOO much better.

Like "hey, how about you play GGO to get over your fear?"

You can't just show someone playing a freakin' shooter, & a VIRTUAL REALITY ONE at that, but then be all "OH GOD I'M SCARE OF FINGER GUNS BECAUSE I SHOT SOMEONE IRL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom