• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
how long ago did Viz announce the Hunter x Hunter dub, out of curiosity?
Back in Oct. from what I'm seeing, at the New York Comic-Con. But they actually announced some of the cast just a few weeks ago in March.

Gon Freecss - Erica Mendez
Killua Zoldyck - Cristina Vee
Leorio Paradinight - Matt Mercer
Hisoka - Keith Silverstein

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
1. Toonami won't get anymore long running shows = wrong
2. Toonami doesn't get Viz shows anymore = wrong
3. Toonami will keep at least one Sentai show = wrong

I guess I was not thinking in those terms ever. Also Parastye does have the rerun slot.

Jarate

Banned
I wonder if Gundam is next.

Demarco actually went to Japan to fund a G Gundam 2 with even more gundam wrasslin and even more cultural racism and xenophobia done only in the most harmless way

So that only leaves 12:30 and 1:30 open for new seasonal shows for the next three years.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jojo is another show that gets played. I also wouldnt be surprised if they got rid of the rerun slot and moved one Piece or Naruto to it

Seda

Parasyte –the maxim-: April 9
Kill la Kill: April 9
Dimension W: May 14
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 9th, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Demarco actually went to Japan to fund a G Gundam 2 with even more gundam wrasslin and even more cultural racism and xenophobia done only in the most harmless way

I'd watch that.

Parasyte –the maxim-: April 9
Kill la Kill: April 9
Dimension W: May 14
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 9th, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aww, HxH ends on my 29th birthday!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, 2019. Part of me wonders if it'll actually be able to air that long, let alone Toonami to last that far into the future (I mean, I hope it does, but damn).

Jarate

Banned
Only way we lose DBZ is if

A) Hulu or Netflix bought the rights to stream Super Dub, and literally take control over the entire Dragonball IP
B) Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon Decides to air the Buu saga Kai dub on normal time
C) Super Dub comes out and replaces Kai
D) Toonami is no more

I think DBZ is pretty tied at the hip to Toonami at this stage, but the property is still super healthy in America

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This thread isn't ready for the places HunterxHunter goes. Should be a great group watch.

Also we just need Bleach to return and we'll have Shonen Jump: The Animation Block. Though My Hero Academy replacing Dimension W might work as well.

It'll be interesting to see how Hunter does ratings wise.

While it was one of their most demanded shows, I have to wonder if the more mainstream crowd is gonna dig it.

This thread isn't ready for the places HunterxHunter goes. Should be a great group watch.

Also we just need Bleach to return and we'll have Shonen Jump: The Animation Block. Though My Hero Academy replacing Dimension W might work as well.

DBZ Kai, MHA, HxH, Naruto, One Piece.

Shonami.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Isn't it by aggregate the highest rated ASA/Nu TOONAMI program ever?

Yes but reruns at the top of the block don't do well and this concern is why they grabbed Kai in the first place. They were concerned that Bleach reruns were going to sink the block.

Jarate

Banned
For their anime? Is this an April Fools meme?

I don;t really like Hunter X Hunter, I trudged through like 25 episodes and was bored out of my mind for most of it. I can understand why some people really like it, and Im glad that it's being made, but even with shortcomings Dragon Ball and One Piece had in terms of their anime adaptation, their source material are fucking legendary for a reason, and One Piece was an incredibly well done anime for like 250+ episodes.

EDIT: I'd also personally put modern Jojo above HXH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom