• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

What do you guys watch on twitch, Ive always tried to make an effort to watch Twitch, but always get bored unless one of my personal friends are playing.

It probably doesnt help that I dont play games that twitch streamers play. Maybe if there was a dedicated Tecmo Super Bowl streamer i'd watch that :3

I mostly watch either Fighting Game Community related streams like major tournaments since it's tournament season now or Trihex playing Super Mario Maker.

I'm still waiting for TUSR's next CSGO stream after he's done with everything.

Note that I'm a little spammy in Twitch chat, especially with channel specific sub emotes, lmao

Jarate

Banned
Im so bad at CSGO, it's probably because I never played it growing up and ive probably put like 2 hours into it total

http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellsam44

Here's mah steam id if you guys want to friend me, although my gf has been addicted to life is feudal so I havent had any time to play any of my pc games (which really, I'd only really play Fallout 4 or Xcom 2 at this moment)

If you guys ever want to play tf2, im pretty good at that, although im probably horrible now since I dont play it religiously like I used too

Line_HTX

So, this sounds kind of weird. Technically I finished up in the Fall, but there was no winter ceremony, so this entire time I'm waiting for the ceremony in May so I can finally fucking walk. Kind of explains why I had a lot of time on my hands and posting so much in so little time, though I have been working part time at the moment while slowly planning what to do next.

Mizerman

What do you guys watch on twitch, Ive always tried to make an effort to watch Twitch, but always get bored unless one of my personal friends are playing.

It probably doesnt help that I dont play games that twitch streamers play. Maybe if there was a dedicated Tecmo Super Bowl streamer i'd watch that :3

It depends on whatever interests me at the moment, though I'll usually watch action or fighting games.

Jarate

Banned
So, this sounds kind of weird. Technically I finished up in the Fall, but there was no winter ceremony, so this entire time I'm waiting for the ceremony in May so I can finally fucking walk. Kind of explains why I had a lot of time in my hands and posting so much in so little time, though I have been working part time at the moment while slowly planning what to do next.

Im going back to college again because my body has decided that any type of physical labor is impossible. I have no clue what I want to go into because every single one of my interests (history, radio, film) is basically LOL YOU'RE NEVER MAKING MONEY UNLESS YOU'RE LUCKY/LIKE TO DEAL WITH OTHERS and I hate dealing with other people. Im thinking of going into accounting, comp sci, or statistics, but even then i have no fucking clue

Im also basically disabled for any type of job that requires me too stand or move around as I can't physically do them anymore due to the fibromyalgia. Shit sux yo

Jarate

Banned
Wait, what? What happened?

Basically a genetic disease that makes whoever has it feel super achy and tired, i'd probably consider my symptoms to be pretty severe

imagine having arthritis in random parts all over your body and physical stress takes a couple of days to heal rather then just being able to sleep off. I also have horrendous flat feet which basically means any type of part time job that doesnt involve sitting down for long periods of time is a no go. Im able to do things that require very short bursts of physical activity (like and 1 or 2 hours a day) but anything more then that and im toast for a few days. It's pretty shitty, but what are you gonna do

MikeMyers

Happy Belated Siblings Day!

CfuND-6WEAATaBL.jpg

The only siblings I have are 2 stepbrothers but both are 20+ years older than me.

Basically a genetic disease that makes whoever has it feel super achy and tired, i'd probably consider my symptoms to be pretty severe

imagine having arthritis in random parts all over your body and physical stress takes a couple of days to heal rather then just being able to sleep off. I also have horrendous flat feet which basically means any type of part time job that doesnt involve sitting down for long periods of time is a no go. Im able to do things that require very short bursts of physical activity (like and 1 or 2 hours a day) but anything more then that and im toast for a few days. It's pretty shitty, but what are you gonna do

Damn that sucks. Finding a job where you don't have to stand the majority of the time can be rough.

zulux21

what do you stream?

Is it a Moba?

I'll probably start streaming Overwatch if I ever get into the beta/once I get the game, but I'll be a console player which will limit my viewerbase most likely

I could stream for you if you wanted, I don't do it very often because the games I would stream no one cares about.

such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest in itadaki Street Special lol.

Jarate

Banned
I could stream for you if you wanted, I don't do it very often because the games I would stream no one cares about.

such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest in itadaki Street Special lol.

send me your twitch name and ill add you to my paltry follower base

im not sure if Ill ever watch though lol. Ive been thinking of getting Mario Maker and jumping on that bandwagon, but that would require me to spend money on it.

zulux21

send me your twitch name and ill add you to my paltry follower base

im not sure if Ill ever watch though lol. Ive been thinking of getting Mario Maker and jumping on that bandwagon, but that would require me to spend money on it.

same as any place zulux21 :p
I vary rarely stream unless someone wants to see something though lol.

Line_HTX

The final two episodes of Parasyte have immediately downgraded the entire show to 0/10.

I think that should be included as a bannable recommendation along with School Days.

Parasyte isn't a terrible show in my opinion, but it's not good either.

I haven't read the manga. Perhaps Madhouse did a bad job of adapting it.
Perhaps that final scene works in manga form. It sure as hell didn't work in anime form.

It's almost zombies.

They are aliens that adapt to make themselves look like they are normal. Thats a body snatcher.

Parasyte isn't a terrible show in my opinion, but it's not good either.

I haven't read the manga. Perhaps Madhouse did a bad job of adapting it.
Perhaps that final scene works in manga form. It sure as hell didn't work in anime form.

imo a lot of the Parasyte anime's problems come from being weirdly directed all over the place, everything from visuals to sound to voice acting.

The manga is a product of its time but I think its better then the anime.

I think you can probably trace some kind of line from John Carpenter's The Thing to Parasyte and RE4 with the spindly and sharp growths the monsters in that have

zulux21

It's almost zombies.

in the same since that since I have $5 in my wallet I am almost walking around with a million dollars o_O

they are nothing alike.

zombies - typically slow, brainless, undead, that spread to others via disease.
parasyte - quick, intelligent, living beings that spread by moving its living body into another.

i mean they both kill and eat humans, but at that point lions and bears are also zombies >.>

if you want almost zombies watch attack on trains when it comes out as that is almost zombies.

Parasyte is a weird mishmash of some legitimately great moments accompanied by insanely transparent preaching and character writing that's kind of a dumpster fire

I think it all evens out to being "okay." Like, in the grand scheme of things, it's still on the end of Toonami's better acquisitions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Parasyte is a weird mishmash of some legitimately great moments accompanied by insanely transparent preaching and character writing that's kind of a dumpster fire

I think it all evens out to being "okay." Like, in the grand scheme of things, it's still on the end of Toonami's better acquisitions.
Metal Gear Solid without the game.

Moaradin

When Parasyte is great, it's really fucking great (though the dub doesn't sell these moments as well as it should). When it's bad, you get really dumb characters and overt preachy messages.

I think the premise of the show is really interesting and the good moments do outweigh the bad. I think it's a good show with a lot of flaws. I thought this before it aired on Toonami, and it's only been reinforced since then.

One of the things Parasyte left me with was this feeling of "that's all?" Like, the parasites themselves just disappeared, and it really felt like there was supposed to be something bigger beyond the mayor's group. Having just this small group of parasites who got into politics being the big bad seems strange.

zulux21

Parasyte is a fine series where the author did a good job of building up to one final climax and then couldn't figure out what that climax would be and thus just ended it.

it's a very pathetic ending but overall not a bad series. despite the final episodes overall the series wraps up better than most anime.

Parasyte ended on a really dumb note with a killer monologuing about human nature, but still coming off more relatable than the actual heroes.

Yep. When I first watched it subbed, I thought the ending was mostly unsatisfying.

I enjoyed Parasyte, but it's so dated and wishy-washy that I can't rank it very high.

Parasyte is a fine series where the author did a good job of building up to one final climax and then couldn't figure out what that climax would be and thus just ended it.

it's a very pathetic ending but overall not a bad series. despite the final episodes overall the series wraps up better than most anime.

I think it helps that a lot of the absolute nonsense in these last two episodes is...pretty much inconsequential. Shinichi's preachy monologue that he decides against at the last minute is ridiculous, but it doesn't actually affect the plot in any way. And there's even more ham-fisted bullshit when the serial killer shows up again, but again, it doesn't matter. Nothing really changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom