• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looks kinda like Chinglish from Black Lagoon...

The Toonami side of me smiled when people started calling her Chinglish in the reveal trailer thread. Though I'd have known BL, I doubt I'd have known the character myself if not for it airing on Toonami.

Well you don't post very often to be fair!

sending out PM to every member of Toonamigaf made me remember peoples names now.

But the post I make are all the important ones! *ahem* But yeah, totally understood.

I'm always busy on WED around the Chillest of times, but hope that's all been going well.

I can barely type right now since ive been up for like 36 hours straight at this point because lol sleep issues

While I liked GxP well enough when I watched it, I... wouldn't want to be sleepy, or have it be the last thing in my mind before resting. NIGHTMARES A'HOY!

Jarate

Banned
Pokemon dub worked well for what it was too. 4kids was actually good at dubs at shows aimed towards children. They get a lot of hate for One Piece, a show that's supposed to appeal to every age group

Regiruler

I can't figure out which of you is which in Miitomo other than the 4 I added

BTW Soulflarz I think you may have a problem
It was posted 3 days ago, ben diskin is now an abridge dub va?

Google's not pulling up anything. If YGOrg didn't report it I am going to lean towards fake.

It was okay for a kids show I guess, but if something better comes out I won't miss it.

I enjoyed whoever dubbed that first episode anyway, and wouldn't mind just watching it with a new dub.

The Yokai Watch dub is a good example of a kid show dub done right.

Ponn

Banned
I've always wanted to watch HxH but never got a chance. Good news. AS is showing their April Fools commercial still tonight...thats odd.

Regiruler

Did you do this with Miitomo? If so, that app is pretty good.

I did. Took me about 5 minutes, 5 more if you count resizing the image in MS paint so that it was square.

You get bonus points if you can name which is which member of toonamiGAF.
EDIT: The people in it are excluded from guessing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm rather excited, since I felt like I'd enjoy the series but never could sit down & take the time to read/watch it, especially hearing about the whole "it gets long hiatuses".

I'm also glad this puts the whole "Viz is sticking with only Hulu" thing to rest.

Seda

I'm rather excited, since I felt like I'd enjoy the series but never could sit down & take the time to read/watch it, especially hearing about the whole "it gets long hiatuses".

I've said this before, but when I have free time I usually decide to do other things than watch anime (or shows/movies in general). 5 episodes of black lagoon OVA is an exception. Im confident I would never have seen HxH otherwise if it didn't air on TV. As silly as it is, a regularly scheduled weekly block in the middle of the night on a Saturday just kinda works with my routines.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I kinda wish they had gotten something else for a rerun.

Parasyte isn't the type of show I wanna rewatch to be honest.
Well it was always going to be Parasyte or Akame Ga Kill, so I'd say we lucked out on that one.

Actually, it's kinda crazy that Toonami skipped on an Akame Ga Kill repeat considering its ratings. The Toonami team must hate Akame Ga Kill as much as we do.

Well it was always going to be Parasyte or Akame Ga Kill, so I'd say we lucked out on that one.

Actually, it's kinda crazy that Toonami skipped on an Akame Ga Kill repeat considering its ratings. The Toonami team must hate Akame Ga Kill as much as we do.

Or it cost more to rerun so they went with the cheaper show

Crocodile

Hunter x Hunter is a show I've heard so much about and it always seemed like something I would like but I never had time for it. After much speculation and fan-wishing, I'm glad it got on the block. I do agree with others that its a shame we've lost a slot for like 3 years, especially since we aren't likely to ever get 11:30 back, but if this show delivers and lives up to the hype, I also agree it would likely be better than the average anime Toonami would pick up.

Samurai Jack
FLCL 2 & 3
Hunter x Hunter
Dimension W (as another simulcast)

This had been a good year for Toonami and its future all things considered. People at Adult Swim are clearly confident this will be around for years to come. I'm still curious how the Dragonball situation is going to play out later this year though.

Also LOL at the "Hulu has Viz on lockdown" narrative getting blown the fuck out <3

At this point I wouldn't mind losing Naruto to have HxH to help keep the number of long running shows down, but having HxH in the 2:00 slot is sending it to die

Shippuden's best arc has already aired and while it has it's moments here and there, it's a pretty steady and consistent drop in quality from this point.

Hunter x Hunter is a show I've heard so much about and it always seemed like something I would like but I never had time for it. After much speculation and fan-wishing, I'm glad it got on the block. I do agree with others that its a shame we've lost a slot for like 3 years, especially since we aren't likely to ever get 11:30 back, but if this show delivers and lives up to the hype, I also agree it would likely be better than the average anime Toonami would pick up.

Samurai Jack
FLCL 2 & 3
Hunter x Hunter
Dimension W (as another simulcast)

This had been a good year for Toonami and its future all things considered. People at Adult Swim are clearly confident this will be around for years to come. I'm still curious how the Dragonball situation is going to play out later this year though.

Also LOL at the "Hulu has Viz on lockdown" narrative getting blown the fuck out <3

As the person who beat that drum the most, I always said I'd be happy to be wrong about it (especially for hxh or jojo) but that until we got something NEW on the block it was always a major concern.

Thankfully now outside of a dub being announced as hulu/netflix/amazonprime exclusive really anything is possible for Toonami if it falls under the category of action cartoon.

Moaradin

my 2016 dream line up of Samurai Jack, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia could actually become a reality
PogChamp.png

Speaking of SAO, after watching the first 10 episodes, it went from kinda interesting to boring as fuck. It's not terrible, but It's kind of like the parts of S2 that didn't involve desu-gun and dumb space battleship.

ckohler

my 2016 dream line up of Samurai Jack, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia could actually become a reality
PogChamp.png

This would get me extremely excited. I'm mild on the new Samurai Jack and I know next to nothing about Hunter x Hunter... but One Punch Man is pure, filtered HYPE and I'm liking the look of My Hero Academia.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO part one could have been awesome if Yui was actually the final boss. Maybe possessing Kayaba or something because she's the first AI with a real consciousness and doesn't want to be shutdown.

And yes, if you're paying attention at home that's a modified version of the first .hack's plot.

Season 2 of SAO is so goddamn boring.

There's no tension at all, because the villain isn't even aware of Kirito for the majority of the season. So he's never in any danger.

Seda

Speaking of SAO, after watching the first 10 episodes, it went from kinda interesting to boring as fuck. It's not terrible, but It's kind of like the parts of S2 that didn't involve desu-gun and dumb space battleship.

When it was airing the first time, i think a common sentiment was that when SAO wasn't awful, it was boring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO 2 is the one that's more usually associated with being boring, though there are stretches of season one that hit that.

When it was airing the first time, i think a common sentiment was that when SAO wasn't awful, it was boring.

It's like 20 minutes of talking about dumb anime stuff and 3-4 minutes of something interesting actually happening. I know you can't animate a lot of action scenes, which is when SAO is at it's best, but at least talk about something that isn't how much of a solo player Kirito is, how much Asuna likes him, or cooking.

If you're gonna be an MMO anime, do the things people like about MMOs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's like 20 minutes of talking about dumb anime stuff and 3-4 minutes of something interesting actually happening. I know you can't animate a lot of action scenes, which is when SAO is at it's best, but at least talk about something that isn't how much of a solo player Kirito is, how much Asuna likes him, or cooking.

If you're gonna be an MMO anime, do the things people like about MMOs.

.hack//SIGN does it best as its best parts are people venting about their shitty offline lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom