• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Does HunterxHunter have Shinichi Izumi in it?

Can I question whether or not he's the real Shinichi Izumi?

No but Migi is in it

94d.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the Z Fighters come to grips with being outclassed by the Androids and Piccolo decides it's time to put himself back together again, the Collectors arrive on Easter Island as the race for the Coil begins, young Gon Freecss sets out on the long journey to follow in the footsteps of his long lost father and become a legendary Hunter, the trio has had just about enough of one another again as Jin's past continues to chase him and Mugen meets another out of place stranger much like himself, Kakashi and Yukimaru team up to rescue Naruto and Guren, the weakling trio finds a safe haven within the zombie mansion but uncovers a startling truth about Cindry while the rest of the Straw Hats' adventure across Thriller Bark takes a turn for the negative, and finally we return to the days before Shinichi Izumi had a monster for a hand as Parasyte starts over in the graveyard slot.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 65 - A Sweet Face and Super Power?! Android 18 vs Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 66 - The Time for Reunification Has Come! Piccolo's Unshakeable Resolve!
12:30 - Dimension W - 8 - The Island That Fell into the Void
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 1 - Departure × and × Friends
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 16 - Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 1)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 108 - Guidepost of the Camellia
2:30 - One Piece - 342 - The Zombie’s Secret! Hogback’s Nightmarish Laboratory!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1 - Metamorphosis

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was diagnosed with asthma when I was young and used to have allergy problems, but I ultimately grew out of it. Even Georgia's annual pollenocalypse doesn't phase me.

Pretty much the same with me. When I first got tested for allergies the doctor was shocked, everything he had to test I came up positive for. Had me do it again two weeks later just to check if the samples were contaiminated, nope. Had a few hospitalizations due to allergy induced asthma attacks and there were a couple of birthday parties I went to where the new animal dander from whatever I was meeting for the first time nearly did me in.

I'm now as far as I can tell only allergic to dust mites, the things that basically feed off of all the dead skin cells people leave behind and live in the dust, so cleaning becomes a fun gamble. Cleaning a not terribly dusty room means I might sneeze a few times and be uncomfortable for a bit, cleaning up a dusty room means I could really be in for it, but if I don't do it well...

Alright, I'm gonna get his over with right now since it's about 5 hours to showtime: A Bruce Faulconer soundtrack for DBZ Kai exists.

It's not official, so don't be going around eBay trying to find Blu-ray copies with it inside; but someone synced together the voice over and sound effect tracks with the Bruce Faulconer OST for all the episodes starting with the end of the Frieza saga.

Now, for this Faulconer Kai experience, click here: mega.co.nz/#F!9d4jkYzR!CPlPL10_HQw3y6mAWBVxnQ

Under Part 6 Beta, there's a folder labeled F which has all the Faulconer mixes for those episodes (episodes 66 - 77). Choose "Kai66F.ac3". If you have VLC player, it should play upon clicking.

Come show time, mute your television, press play on the VLC track, and enjoy.

Preview of this OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjKK0-_98o

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, so my internet's been down just about all day, have no idea if it'll be fixed in time for Toonami, & I don't know if I want to risk using my 4G during it, not to mention it'll be a bigger pain reading all the posts via phone.

....at the very least, I should be glad I switched phones & got 4G yesterday so I can actually use it in brief bursts like now.

Fun fact: The dog with glasses on the counter in the pic is Yoshihiro Togashi's (Hunter x Hunter's mangaka) avatar. He likes to sneak it into the manga every once in a while.

Alright, I'm gonna get his over with right now since it's about 5 hours to showtime: A Bruce Faulconer soundtrack for DBZ Kai exists.

It's not official, so don't be going around eBay trying to find Blu-ray copies with it inside; but someone synced together the voice over and sound effect tracks with the Bruce Faulconer OST for all the episodes starting with the end of the Frieza saga.

Now, for this Faulconer Kai experience, click here: mega.co.nz/#F!9d4jkYzR!CPlPL10_HQw3y6mAWBVxnQ

Under Part 6 Beta, there's a folder labeled F which has all the Faulconer mixes for those episodes (episodes 66 - 77). Choose "Kai66F.ac3". If you have VLC player, it should play upon clicking.

Come show time, mute your television, press play on the VLC track, and enjoy.

Preview of this OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjKK0-_98o

Bear-Meme-How-About-No-02.jpg

Leave the Faulconer score in the past where it belongs. I'll never understand the nostalgia boner for those tracks.

Some individuals, I won't name names, are trying to push their pro-capes on giant robots agenda over in the anime thread.

We all know the truth.

We know that capes on giant robots are fucking lame. We need to keep capes off giant robots.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some individuals, I won't name names, are trying to push their pro-capes on giant robots agenda over in the anime thread.

We all know the truth.

We know that capes on giant robots are fucking lame. We need to keep capes off giant robots.

Metal capes are fine, i.e. Master Gundam's.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's be honest people, only a handful of the Faulconer tracks were actually decent.
Perfect Cell and SSJ Vegeta being the standouts.
The rest is generic buttrock trash.

It'll never understand the nostalgia for that or Saban's Digimon songs (especially when Braveheart destroys anything they produced for the series)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much all of his Vegeta themes are worthy. Everything else is a mixed bag. The biggest problem with that score isn't the music, it's the almost complete lack of silence. Why does every moment need to be scored?

Let's be honest people, only a handful of the Faulconer tracks were actually decent.
Perfect Cell and SSJ Vegeta being the standouts.
The rest is generic buttrock trash.

It'll never understand the nostalgia for that or Saban's Digimon songs (especially when Braveheart destroys anything they produced for the series)

You shut your dirty mouth the saban digimon tracks are amazing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait hang on. I get a mod forum, I've been apart of one before. You generally shoot the shit, talk about moderation things, talk shit about the forumers, maybe even set up for a web game or something. But what is an admin forum like? To talk shit about mods?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait hang on. I get a mod forum, I've been apart of one before. You generally shoot the shit, talk about moderation things, talk shit about the forumers, maybe even set up for a web game or something. But what is an admin forum like? To talk shit about mods?

I've been in one before and you've pretty much got it.

Seda

Well, actually, 4 is an Admin forum listing similar to the Sales Archive forum listing of which the only forum listed is the Mod forum (5)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You shut your dirty mouth the saban digimon tracks are amazing

Noooo...
I tried watching the Digimon dubs recently, they're baaaaad. Like really bad. There's no silence, voices feel mismatched, and Saban's songs are awful.
They're not 4Kids bad as the story is intact and they don't skip episodes, but unless you have intense nostalgia, you're better off watching the Japanese version with Koji Wada's awesome songs. RIP.

Noooo...
I tried watching the Digimon dubs recently, they're baaaaad. Like really bad. There's no silence, voices feel mismatched, and Saban's songs are awful.
They're not 4Kids bad as the story is intact and they don't skip episodes, but unless you have intense nostalgia, you're better off watching the Japanese version with Koji Wada's awesome songs. RIP.

The English digimon opening is better then the Japanese one, fact

We all know the truth.

Depends on the kind of mech

I like the capes on these Escaflowne's mechs for example. It complements the look IMO.

In terms of practicality though, well the Incredibles showed how that usually turns out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping this is an one time thing, but got my phone hooked up to my laptop so it can have internet. Just hope it won't eat too much into my 2GB cap, especially since I'll only have time to comment on 3 shows tonight instead of the usual 6.

Jarate

Banned
Hoping this is an one time thing, but got my phone hooked up to my laptop so it can have internet. Just hope it won't eat too much into my 2GB cap, especially since I'll only have time to comment on 3 shows tonight instead of the usual 6.
why not just use mobile gaf my friend

also, hope and pray to jesus man god doesnt go on a gif posting spree

I wonder how many people will accuse HunterxHunter of being a naruto/bleach rip-off on twitter tonight.

Probably less than you think, but more than you'd hope.

Jarate

Banned
why'd they cancel bleach? and replace it with this Bleach ripoff

I fully expect HxH to not gel with Toonami fans. Art is way too "nice" and "happy" in comparisons to modern tastes.

I also don't know how the west will react to Gon

Jarate

Banned
What about him that would make him allergic to the West?

He looks like a child
He's not edgy
He's pretty typical shonen without having muscles
No Muscles
People will think he's "kiddy"
He doesn't use a cool sword
Art Style might make people think the show and characters are "kiddy"
While being a smart character, doesn't follow the smart guy tropes that western anime fans love

He's always been a love it or dislike it character though. I kind of hate Gon, especially in comparison to the other characters.

bigkrev

He looks like a child
He's not edgy
He's pretty typical shonen without having muscles
No Muscles
People will think he's "kiddy"
He doesn't use a cool sword
Art Style might make people think the show and characters are "kiddy"
While being a smart character, doesn't follow the smart guy tropes that western anime fans love

He's always been a love it or dislike it character though. I kind of hate Gon, especially in comparison to the other characters.

If anything is going to work against the show, it's that the first half dozen episodes are boring as sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom