• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

first few episodes of hxh 2011 kinda suck. I think I'm gonna skip out on this dub and just watch '99 at some point

its good that its finally getting somewhere though

I would put a bunch of asterisks by that. It is still pretty solid.
Until you compare it to the rest of the series then it comes across as pretty weak.

I'd much rather watch the first episodes of HxH than nearly everything that aired in the sentai hour.

I would put a bunch of asterisks by that. It is still pretty solid.
Until you compare it to the rest of the series then it comes across as pretty weak.

I'd much rather watch the first episodes of HxH than nearly everything that aired in the sentai hour.

yes it clears the lowest possible bar. I'm talking about the 2011 series' start, which has problems that become apparent later.

first few episodes of hxh 2011 kinda suck. I think I'm gonna skip out on this dub and just watch '99 at some point

Ehh no? It sets up the characters and the adventure just because its not as good as what comes later doesn't mean its a bad start.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've only seen the first few episodes of the 2011 series, and I liked the '99 version of those episodes significantly more. The 2011 series also censors or tones down a few moments, though I've been told it backs down from that as the series goes on.

The '99 version also has one of my all-time favorite little filler arcs from anything in the form of episodes 18-20.

I'm more curious to see stuff we'll be getting to in a year or so in HXH '11.

Episodes 1-3 are decent enough. The next few where they're running down the tunnel are bad but after that it's quite decent. Yeah the later arcs are better and more interesting and the Hunter Exam is the second worst in terms of pacing but I wouldn't sleep on it. Plus '99 isn't nearly as good as 2011.

Seda

I feel I'm pretty lenient/patient when it comes to 'pacing'. I don't mind if the first few months of Hunter x Hunter are more focused on establishing the cast moreso than high tension punching, screaming, and violence.

I didn't want to say 'slower' because as I understand it, being an anime adaptation retread kinda messes with things in other ways.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel I'm pretty lenient/patient when it comes to 'pacing'. I don't mind if the first few months of Hunter x Hunter are more focused on establishing the cast moreso than high tension punching, screaming, and violence.

Hunter X Hunter isn't really about that kind of stuff much anyway. Its action tends to be much more cerebral most of the time than the typical shounen series of its type.

Seda

Hunter X Hunter isn't really about that kind of stuff much anyway. Its action tends to be much more cerebral most of the time than the typical shounen series of its type.

Yeah sorry if my assumptions are way off base, I really don't know anything about it.

I also haven't seen YYH so I don't have too much to go on x_x

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah sorry if my assumptions are way off base, I really don't know anything about it.

The fights are more strategy based than pure power. Think of Usopp fights instead of DBZ fights. Only less funny.

Raxus

I didn't want to say 'slower' because as I understand it, being an anime adaptation retread kinda messes with things in other ways.

Pacing isn't an issue in HxH apart from a handful (and I mean a handful) of episodes. Each episode covers 2-3 chapters so it zips along fast.

Line_HTX

Now I really wish that YYH came back.

I think Funimation said that they'll release it online for free eventually??

Jarate

Banned
well another saturday where I just wake up with the worst sore throat on earth

I really want too see the HXH dub tonight :(

fuck being sick all the time, I need a better immune system

Line_HTX

well another saturday where I just wake up with the worst sore throat on earth

I really want too see the HXH dub tonight :(

fuck being sick all the time, I need a better immune system

You need less stress and more Vitamin C. Just take Airborne or something.

Jarate

Banned
You need less stress and more Vitamin C. Just take Airborne or something.

I just did, and stress isnt the answer, ive always just had a shit immune system. You know that sick kid joke you see a lot in shows growing up.... That was me ;-;

I just took some Dayquil too, and ill be able to at least watch the flyers today

Line_HTX

im an expert on stress

image.php

Seda

I was diagnosed with asthma when I was young and used to have allergy problems, but I ultimately grew out of it. Even Georgia's annual pollenocalypse doesn't phase me.

Line_HTX

I was diagnosed with asthma when I was young and used to have allergy problems, but I ultimately grew out of it. Even Georgia's annual pollenocalypse doesn't phase me.

You overpowered the pollen with sheer willpower and the biggest power yell ever.

AAAHHHHhhhhh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I get allergies for like 2 days a year and that's about it. There's something about the first bloom and the last day of summer that does me in.

Mizerman

thank god I dont have asthma and my allergies are the most minimal things on earth.

Yeah. My asthma and allergies tend to flare up around spring and winter. At least those episodes don't last long.

You and your shonen willpower.

Raxus

I am allergic to mold mixtures so come fall I get real bad for a day or two and then snap out of it and for the rest of the year I am fine minus one or two sneeze fits on occasion.

My hatred of bad anime will forge me into an avenger.

You know, unless I'm totally wrong about who I should take my vengeance on...

...but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had the combination of allergies AND asthma as a kid. I don't have either of them as bad anymore, but I remember having to get like 100+ shots or whatever in my back to determine what I was allergic to.

....then in 4th to 6th grade, every week, I had to get an allergy shot in the arm, then wait 15 or so minutes with an ice patch. I remember sometimes Cartoon Network/Toonami was on, but it was like Sailor Moon so I'd just play my GBA.

....also this is one of the few times where I kind like rhe fact I have 4G now since my internet's out for the time being, even if it's just 2GB per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom