• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Last time on One Piece: TOON NAMI IS NUDE NAMI ON LEWDNAMI........but hey, this is the closest we'll get now that Kill la Kill isn't on the block now to show a ton of skin.

SECRET EX-IT MACHINA

Take a drink a ghost or zombie appears in this arc...or when someone screams

oh hey, time to learn more about Cindry?

Why yes, Chopper, zombies ARE people who were dead but brought back to life....THE DEAD WHO CAN WALK AGAIN, as it were.

OMG IT'S A MIMIC, THE MOST ANNOYING OF RPG ENEMIES!!

wait, is that....Brook? What?

Lol Franky thinks being a perv = same page as Sanji

OH NO, IT'S THE GHOSTS OF TUMBLR, ALWAYS FINDING SOMETHING TO BE NEGATIVE ABOUT!!!

hahahahahaha "I might as well be a ceiling fan"

HOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHORO, man Oda comes up with the weirdest laughs.

It's an old man with serious injuries!

FOSFOSFOSFOSFOSFOSFOS, seriously how did Oda think that up & actually describe how to make the laugh the way he envisioned it when it came to the anime?

Ya know, how does Cindry feel about bowls? Why not use bowls?

Man, I REALLY wish I saw this arc when I was younger, I probably would've kept with One Piece but Skypiea's pacing kind of made me stop caring especially when it dropped from Cartoon Network.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So you're saying you'd still IRL bully though, just not the online variety?

*insert Cromartie High internet scene here

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ckfDUyq.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
At least you didn't get a 87-89 in a course and it's only a B+. That happened to me this semester.

?

None of my classes have curves.

My math class has the average grade at ~68 on tests, meaning I think total is mid 70s if homework is a nice amount? No curve at all, not the past year at least.

Seda

I'm not sure if most STEM graduate programs do this, but the course material I've experienced is intentionally difficult (as in, students aren't expected to get 90s) but nearly everything is leniently curved. The school understands that coursework is pretty secondary to everything else at that point.

TUSR

Banned
I'm not sure if most STEM graduate programs do this, but the course material I've experienced is intentionally difficult (as in, students aren't expected to get 90s) but nearly everything is leniently curved. The school understands that coursework is pretty secondary to everything else at that point.

yup

projects are where actual engineering is learned

?

My math class has the average grade at ~68 on tests, meaning I think total is mid 70s if homework is a nice amount? No curve at all, not the past year at least.

It sounds like your math class could benefit from having a curve considering the average is likely around the B- range. I'm sure that my B+ grade would been noticeably lower had it not been for the curve.

It's rare in higher education in general these days to not generously curve everything.

In some cases, you are almost to to generously curve the class so a majority of the students aren't stuck in the C or even D grade range. In the class I mentioned, the average grade for the final was 67% (a D+) and our prof had to curve it up by 18% so it could be at the B range.

TUSR

Banned
?

thats a very standard average mark for a first year math class

Regiruler

Reflecting on it, I think Naruto's OST may be good and prolific enough to be deemed iconic to the entire medium. Would anyone else agree?

To be fair, it's the one thing that's been consistently good in the show, as opposed to simply above average.

Seda

Naruto love? In my ToonamiGAF?

I'm a bit of a soundtrack nut, which is usually what I listen to when working (like, right now). Now I'm checking out some Shippuden stuff that comes up in the Toonami airing soon.

I want to listen to some of HxH's OST but I usually like to get some show context first before checking it out. Digging the orchestra instrumentation there though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a bit of a soundtrack nut, which is usually what I listen to when working (like, right now). Now I'm checking out some Shippuden stuff that comes up in the Toonami airing soon.

I want to listen to some of HxH's OST but I usually like to get some show context first before checking it out. Digging the orchestra instrumentation there though.

The track you seemed to be digging last night is basically the HxH version of Naruto's theme...so you'll hear it a lot over the next few years.

Seda

The track you seemed to be digging last night is basically the HxH version of Naruto's theme...so you'll hear it a lot over the next few years.

The two distinct tracks that stuck out to me for now was when he was fishing (probably effectively 'Gon's theme') and then the Pirates of the Caribbean sound-alike :p

There were other musical phrases throughout but need to see more to contextualize more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom