• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jrvjmzg.gif

Line_HTX

Yea, they were talking about that just now on Pre-Flight.

That was my first ever trashy harem when I was 10 years old without knowing it was trashy.

All I had was Optimus Prime saying the biggest lesson to be learned is SIX CRAZY WOMEN LIVING UNDER ONE ROOF.

It's funny because I saw the Hot Springs episode sometime later when I was in Taiwan, and instead of bikinis, they straight up blurred Ryoko's naked body.

Mizerman

Yeah, Toonami in the afternoon was the first time I've heard of Tenchi Muyo. Didn't really understand a lick of it, but I liked it well enough.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, Toonami in the afternoon was the first time I've heard of Tenchi Muyo. Didn't really understand a lick of it, but I liked it well enough.

Now I figured out about the digital bathing suits pretty quick (steam technology was in its infancy back in the day) but by the time I got the DVDs nearly a decade later I had misjudged just how much time they are naked in the first two OVAs.

Melfina is naked for mere seconds on most episodes of Outlaw Star but this is in a whole new league.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Apparently it was a really expensive and painstaking process, like 8 hours a day going frame by frame, Jason built a Gundam during that time.

I've been playing the Nioh demo all afternoon. It's not "super" hard as long as you:

a. Don't fight more than one enemy
b. Regain stamina right after a combo
c. Save bombs and guardian spirit mode for bosses
d. Know your way to nearest prayer shrine.
e. Keep an eye on your stamina

General Dark Souls method still apllies here.

Crocodile

Our newest junior was permed. Here's what not to post on NeoGAF. Take this as a PSA although I know (most of) you know better than this :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201875129&postcount=183

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202162387&postcount=166

The dumbest thing about this is that there are ways to express these same opinions without being an asshole or insulting people. It's very easy too!

A) "I don't think it can be understated how bad a decision this would be. Monumentally stupid. Unfathomably stupid. I really hope they don't do it!"

B) "I'm skeptical that Ridley would be adequate for the role. Even taking into account recent character redesigns, I don't feel she has the right body type for the role. Also, what is her action resume like? She is a respectable actress but I still don't think you can extrapolate her Rey character into a successful Lara Croft."

BAM! Same opinions expressed but in an entirely non-confrontational, non-problematic way <3

Soulflarz

Banned
I've been playing the Nioh demo all afternoon. It's not "super" hard as long as you:

a. Don't fight more than one enemy
b. Regain stamina right after a combo
c. Save bombs and guardian spirit mode for bosses
d. Know your way to nearest prayer shrine.
e. Keep an eye on your stamina

General Dark Souls method still apllies here.

Heey, reasons DS isn't hard :')

I like you

Grexeno

Before the podcast last week Soulflarz was like "yeah I beat Dark Souls 3 in like 2 days and hardly ever died" and we were like "shut the fuck up"

Soulflarz

Banned
of course

wait

actually

how the hell did I end up there X____X

Before the podcast last week Soulflarz was like "yeah I beat Dark Souls 3 in like 2 days and hardly ever died" and we were like "shut the fuck up"

I don't say souls is easy to be obnoxious though :3

I honestly feel like I've beaten way harder games and that the difficulty of souls is greatly exaggerated.

PSA: Poise isn't a working stat in DS3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
imgur is quite wonky right now or else I'd be regaling you all about one of my favorite Naruto episodes.

When Jiraya tries to KILL NARUTO.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO EPISODE FIFTY SIX: Live or Die, Risk It All To Win It All!

Jiraya is still perving at the waterfall. Naruto is getting better...slowly. This Tadpole is green and has both front and back legs but still the juvenile tail. Naruto yells at Jiraya but then falls unconscious! Poor little fella is all tuckered out. Three weeks of training like this!

Anko is catching a case of the feels with the Third. He thinks there's no ninja alive in the village who can take him on, himself included. Anko thinks the Fourth could, but he sacrificed himself for the village already.

Jiraya dumps a bucket of water over Naruto. It's pointless to train like this anymore. Gotta do it like his life depended on it. So they head into town and...take a bath to purify themselves...then they head back to Konoha for ramen. Eat up (It may be your last meal) Naruto doesn't hear this.

k3Ecy5o.gif

Jiraya ditched him! He never said he was treating. Jiraya asks if he has a girlfriend. He's got, well, a girl he likes. Jiraya wants him to give her a big hug....In the name of training or whatever. Sakura is gonna clobber him.

Which she does. Bonus GIF Time.

Jiraya knocks him out after this while walking out of town. Naruto is a vessel that's too small for the nine-tails chakra. Danger and emotion will unblock his flow, so he's gonna put him up to some real ass danger. Naruto gets finger poked of doomed off of the scariest cliff in existence. Rocks are too slick to grab onto, even with chakra. He's gonna DIE!

Iruka is teaching Konohamaru's class outside about the history of the village. Maybe Iruka will be the fifth! The Third Hokage thinks that is a funny joke as Iruka talks about the man's nicknames. The Strongest! The Professor! Konohamaru doesn't have the grades to be Hokage! Live and die as you like, don't choose an impossible road! Protect those precious to you! You know the drill. The kids seem to get it. The precious people to the Hokage, well, there's Konohamaru...and EVERYONE ELSE IN THE VILLAGE. Hokage is a bro.

Naruto is hanging out with the fox in his weird water stomach prison place. He's got that great Dr. Claw voice. Nine Tails has a vested interest in keeping Naruto alive...and Naruto is charging rent. He's a scummy landlord. Fine whatever.

Xabsm0z.gif

I guess all that training paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom