• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

When is Dimension W over again? If there's nothing to replace it, I could see Funi doing trying to get My Hero Academia on Toonami with the way they're pushing it.

Jarate

Banned
Kind of quiet today considering it is a Toonami night.

I'm at a wedding so its tough for me to post, also, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't posting as much due to schoolwork/finals

I'm on my 7th drink right now BTW, barely feeling it, but I'm also huge so I can drink a lot

Grexeno

When is Dimension W over again? If there's nothing to replace it, I could see Funi doing trying to get My Hero Academia on Toonami with the way they're pushing it.
Dimension W has 3 episodes left including tonight, so we should hear the replacement on next Friday's Pre-Flight

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

MHA is basically out of the running with its broadcast dub premiering on the FUNimation website this Wednesday.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo can anyone sum up what happened on Shippuden in the last five or so months? That arc seemed like a whole lot of nothing.

Jarate

Banned
Sooo can anyone sum up what happened on Shippuden in the last five or so months? That arc seemed like a whole lot of nothing.
I honestly don't think I could even explain what happened after watching all the episodes, not out of confusion, just purely based around not putting enough brain energy into remembering anything

Guys, we'll have to go through worse filler arcs in Naruto.

We'll have to cling together.

this is the longest one, though! that has to count for something

HOME IS A PLACE YOU CAN COME BACK TO WHERE PEOPLE ARE THINKING OF YOU

BatDan

Can you feel it BatDan?

dL81srT9.jpg

The storm is coming.

Uhhh fuck. Hold on.

Everyone wants to keep the other team from catching the three tails turtle.
Yukimaru really likes Guren and cries and screams a lot.

Guren is a huge murderer, but that's okay, because Naruto.
Not a lot has happened. Most people leave the thread when Naruto comes on, but it still gets better ratings than One Piece.

That's basically it.

BatDan

Uhhh fuck. Hold on.

Everyone wants to keep the other team from catching the three tails turtle.
Yukimaru really likes Guren and cries and screams a lot.

Guren is a huge murderer, but that's okay, because Naruto.
Not a lot has happened. Most people leave the thread when Naruto comes on, but it still gets better ratings than One Piece.

That's basically it.

And that's the most depressing part...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FRIENDSHIP IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS HOME INTO REALITY

.........is that the gist of what I've missed out on by no watching Shippuden?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

kid can control the 3 tails because reasons. Crystal style lady and the kid share a bond, which is being manipulated by orochimaru to control the 3 tails. Also there's 3 or 4 other filler orochimaru fodder chars in addition to the kid and crystal style lady. Leaf is trying to seal the 3 tails to prevent it from falling into orochimaru's hands. The power of ninja jesus (Naruto) gets crystal style lady to turn her back on orochimaru for good. But just as she does, the kid goes crazy with his power and is now merging with the 3 tail.

That's... pretty much it. A kid can control the 3 tails and is being used/manipulated by orochimaru's subordinates, leaf village is trying to stop that/contain the beast

FRIENDSHIP IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS HOME INTO REALITY

.........is that the gist of what I've missed out on by no watching Shippuden?

Also, this. We Tales of Symphonia 2 kinda sorta

BatDan

kid can control the 3 tails because reasons. Crystal style lady and the kid share a bond, which is being manipulated by orochimaru to control the 3 tails. Also there's 3 or 4 other filler orochimaru fodder chars in addition to the kid and crystal style lady. Leaf is trying to seal the 3 tails to prevent it from falling into orochimaru's hands. The power of ninja jesus (Naruto) gets crystal style lady to turn her back on orochimaru for good. But just as she does, the kid goes crazy with his power and is now merging with the 3 tail.

That's... pretty much it. A kid can control the 3 tails and is being used/manipulated by orochimaru's subordinates, leaf village is trying to stop that/contain the beast

Hm hm, fascinating.
Let me ask... how the fuck does this take 26 episodes to tell? Pierrot really is a master at TARDIS-style film making (or TV making)

Hm hm, fascinating.
Let me ask... how the fuck does this take 26 episodes to tell? Pierrot really is a master at TARDIS-style film making (or TV making)

Everyone on the show is suffering from filleritus.

You know, where normally competent or semi-competent characters become completely useless? Everyone on the show has that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Piccolo and Kami join forces to confront the mysterious new monster on the prowl, Kyouma begins to regain his memories and remembers what brought him to Adrastea, Gon's group arrives in Zaban City where they meet some of their fellow Hunter Exam applicants, Mugen gets himself involved in a graffiti battle, Naruto and Guren confront Rinji with Yukimaru in tow, the Straw Hats invade Hogback's manor in search of their lost companions while the zombies of Thriller Bark celebrate the Night Hunt, and Shinichi meets his new parasitic teacher.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 67 - Another Time Machine?! Bulma Uncovers a Mystery!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 68 - The Monster Goes into Motion... Strike of the Super Namekian!
12:30 - Dimension W - 10 - Resurrected Nightmare
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 3 - Rivals × in × Survival
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 18 - War of the Words
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 110 - Memory of Guilt
2:30 - One Piece - 344 - Feast of the Zombie Song! The Night Hunt's Bell is the Sound of Darkness!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 3 - Symposium

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What song was it that played at the end of last week's OP episode, when the night hunt began?

Grexeno

Is Imgur having problems or something? NeoGAF pages are loading quite literally forever, and I can't click on spoiler tagged images.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W has a broadcast dub airing too. It premiered on Toonami, but I don't think every new show has to be a premiere.

No but that could have been a breaking point as Toonami also got first dibs on streaming the dub of Dimension W as well.

Regiruler

That's all on Nintendo.
So we need to force Hitoshi Yamagami (the manager of SPD 2) to approve of it.

I have a bunch of other things I need to force on him so it would be a good assignment

Meanwhile, I'm listening to the full version of the HxH ED. I actually really like it, but its not one of those situations where the cut isn't fully representative of the full song (if you didn't like the cut, you won't like the full version). The keyboard is really, really fucking good though. I always have a thing for a catchy keyboard section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom