• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I do wonder if ONE will ever give an explanation of some sorts for what's actually going on the OPM world with the monsters and such. Obviously some are just regular people who turn themselves into cyborgs or are experimented on by mad scientists and such but the ones like the car dude and Crablante, and some later characters not seen in season 1 just transform based on and into something around an extreme fanatical passion or obsession. He drops some hints but hasn't really gone beyond that.

Something I've noticed with the anime is that when characters start their "obsession" and trend towards their path of extreme-ism, you can see like a glint or shine in their eyes. I noticed it for Saitama in episode 1 (his backstory) and I noticed it in Genus' backstory as well. I dunno if that was an addition at the bequest of ONE or something the animators just added themselves though.

I'm also curious if ONE will ever go into more depth about this or not though. I could go either way.

Raxus

Something I've noticed with the anime is that when characters start their "obsession" and trend towards their path of extreme-ism, you can see like a glint or shine in their eyes. I noticed it for Saitama in episode 1 (his backstory) and I noticed it in Genus' backstory as well. I dunno if that was an addition at the bequest of ONE or something the animators just added themselves though.

I'm also curious if ONE will ever go into more depth about this or not though. I could go either way.

Pretty sure the eye thing is anime only.

Seda

You know, I don't know what Genos sounds like in Japanese but I'm never quite sold on the VO performance here - even if he is supposed to be a super serious socially inept cyborg.

Just about everything else is good though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Yeah its where the Saitama is a Monster theory comes from and I don't think that is false though of course there are other theories that run parallel to that based on things mentioned by certain characters who may be in the know. Then there is of course
God

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You know, I don't know what Genos sounds like in Japanese but I'm never quite sold on the VO performance here - even if he is supposed to be a super serious socially inept cyborg.

Yeah, it feels a bit too deep, though I've gotten used to it compared to when we first saw this episode. It seems to work for the more comedic parts, but yeah, this episode isn't a great debut for Genos' VA.

ckohler

Agreed. It sounds too forced. Probably due to the VA being green.

Mizerman

I agree to some extent. Although I've gotten used to Genos' EN voice, it's not one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom