• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree with this. I wish
he had figured all this out before he started writing because I feel like Jiraiya being the one to raise Naruto could have been a fantastic way to start off the story.

He tried too hard to give nauto a really depressing backstory, then tried to come up with ways to justify said backstory. There was never any good reason for Naruto to grow up the way he did other than all the adults were just useless assholes.

Crocodile

Ussop should really just get a gun :p

I'm also assuming this is some obvious illusion shit or made her ghosts look like her

I actually agree with this. I wish
he had figured all this out before he started writing because I feel like Jiraiya being the one to raise Naruto could have been a fantastic way to start off the story.

I think some of the worst writing (regarding Jiraiya and Naruto)
Is how it's obvious Kishi had no idea what he was going to do with Jiraiya in the first part of the series. When Naruto meets him Jiraiya has no clue who Naruto is. But later it's revealed that Jiraiya was Naruto's godfather and Naruto was named after the main character in the book Jiraiya wrote, which was an important part of a prophecy about the savior/destroyer of the world.

I've said it before but given how cutthroat the manga business and how most authors don't know how long their comic will last, I assume most authors haven't actually plotted out their narrative that far out in advance at the start. There's no point plotting out 5 years of narrative if your comic doesn't hit it off and gets cancelled in six months.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SHE WAS BLUFFING

HOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHORO

I've said it before but given how cutthroat the manga business and how most authors don't know how long their comic will last, I assume most authors haven't actually plotted out their narrative that far out in advance at the start. There's no point plotting out 5 years of narrative if your comic doesn't hit it off and gets cancelled in six months.

Oh I know and agree, I'm just saying that the opening of the series could definitely have been better thought out.

RagnarokX

No Jiraiya did know all along and was fucking around with him. It's clear when he unseals the nonsense Orochimaru did and when he talks to Crispin Freeman Jonin.

Jiraiya recognizes the seal that his former comrade used and is familiar with kyuubi, but up until this part
Jiraiya has no familial attachment to Naruto and it feels like something Kishi tacked on to give Jiraiya some last-minute development and boost his impact on Naruto.

Oh, I don't think it's fair to expect plots to be completely planned out. But the stuff you come up with shouldn't contradict the earlier stuff in a way that makes it clear you didn't know where you were going. That happens with this Jiraiya stuff.

lGDkSKK.png

L-l-l-lewd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom