• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Meanwhile, in JoJo:

e9Q0H4U.jpg

Line_HTX

OK, it will go into the bad parts, but at least it won't be as stupid and forced as the debris brother subplot, yes? Even if it's bad, can it be entertaining bad good instead of bad bad?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know, last week was actually kind of funny in where it went to the point I kind of laughed at the final scene just because of all the other stuff that happened in comparison.

...not to mention the whole "ya know, more deaths equals more babies" part earlier.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did we ever figure out if we'll get a Halloween marathon this year since it's on a Monday? Obviously, as others have mentioned, One Piece would be the obvious choice if we do get a marathon that weekend.

I feel like IBO will get the Thanksgiving marathon, but if the show doesn't pick up, I might honestly skip it.

Grexeno

Did we ever figure out if we'll get a Halloween marathon this year since it's on a Monday? Obviously, as others have mentioned, One Piece would be the obvious choice if we do get a marathon that weekend.

I feel like IBO will get the Thanksgiving marathon, but if the show doesn't pick up, I might honestly skip it.
I'm leaning towards us not getting a Halloween marathon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, kind of figured since it's not like last year where Halloween was on a Saturday, though considering One Piece at the moment, feels like its set of episodes would've work.

Speaking of IBO, I wonder how much longer until we learn of its replacement considering we've got about 2 months left worth of episodes.

Grexeno

Yeah, kind of figured since it's not like last year where Halloween was on a Saturday, though considering One Piece at the moment, feels like its set of episodes would've work.

Speaking of IBO, I wonder how much longer until we learn of its replacement considering we've got about 2 months left worth of episodes.
I'm leaning Samurai Jack being the IBO replacement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, right, forgot about Samurai Jack. Makes the most sense, though considering how late in the year IBO is ending, I imagine they might wait until the beginning of 2017 to start airing.

So I played through Metro Last Light, a game I remember enjoying when I first played it two years ago.

It's still good. Still has a good blend of action and atmospheric world building. That said, goddamn does it have the most embarrassing ass sex scene towards the end. A character goes from being distant at best to basically trying to nail down where you're gonna have a family post coitus. I don't think I've seen a romance so sudden and out of no where from a character who has maybe 10 or so lines in the entire game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well I was making this gif.

z1v6aMj.gif

which is about five minutes until the end of the episode. Watching it on Netflix at the time, so obviously the subbed version. To make the gif look good I turn off subtitles but its cool to hear the Japanese voices again. Then I watch the ending, which despite not liking a whole lot it is different to see the non TOONAMI edit. Then finally the preview. I secretly love next episode previews and find the way Netflix skips it to be odious a lot of the time. HxH in particular has some great post episode content but that hasn't quite started yet, so just the regular preview. Then I see it, this scene.

fVbv7Xv.gif

The second to last one in the preview. I gif it. I get it right on the money first time. Bring up the preview. Didn't have to cut a single frame. It's just a great reaction gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It did? I don't recall it ever playing during namek, but then again weren't we on Sean's intro for the longest time?

They did not change the opening until they started the android saga, they played the first Dragon Soul. They changed it when the ending changed to be specific.

The next and final version of Dragon Soul, if they should choose to use it, starts at
episode 89...THREE WEEKS FROM NOW.

Seda

It did? I don't recall it ever playing during namek, but then again weren't we on Sean's intro for the longest time?

The Toonami airing wasn't 'following' the DVD openings for quite some time. More recently it seems to, though, which if so we'd get a slightly better opening in 3 weeks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Toonami airing wasn't 'following' the DVD openings for quite some time. More recently it seems to, though, which if so we'd get a slightly better opening in 3 weeks.

SPOILERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They did not change the opening until they started the android saga, they played the first Dragon Soul. They changed it when the ending changed to be specific.

The next and final version of Dragon Soul, if they should choose to use it, starts at
episode 89...THREE WEEKS FROM NOW.

crap, best intro already passed and we never got to hear it. shame on toonami for that.

who is the last intro singer for dragon soul?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Okay, who thought teaming up The Burger King with Chester Cheetah was a good idea?

Good as spot as any to do a quick fast food round up!

Cheetos Chicken Fries from Burger King: Is a Burger King Product. Avoid.
Cheddar Habanero Quesarito from Taco Bell: Is delicious. Plus you can win a PS4 VR.
Truffle Bacon Cheeseburger/Truffle Fries from Wendy's: The burger is solid, though the aioli is just flavored mayo. The real treat here was the croissant bun. Absolutely delicious. The fries were OUTSTANDING. One caveat is that I'd only get them if I was eating in and not taking out as the container will steam them soggy. Highly recommend when this goes national.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I tried the regular Chicken Fries the other day. They were... okay. Better than their chicken nuggets which taste like they came from the microwave.

I'm not even going to dignify the Cheeto version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom