• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Feb. is Persona 5......and.......that's it.....

....oh, I guess Nier, which I might get since my friend really likes the original & is gonna let me borrow Drakengard 3 one of these days. But that seems to be it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That review thread is sorely tempting me to waste 50 bucks and buy SMT IV Final despite probably not having any time to play it until December.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Feb. is Persona 5......and.......that's it.....

....oh, I guess Nier, which I might get since my friend really likes the original & is gonna let me borrow Drakengard 3 one of these days. But that seems to be it.

February is Persona 5, Nioh, For Honor, Halo Wars 2, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk [Berserk Musou], Nier: Automata, and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Kind of a crazy month.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
moar liek horizon: zero interest

............all seriousness, I like some of the ideas the game has going for it & being able to hack those robo-animals, but it's just not clicking for me. Maybe it's the aesthetics/graphics?

I'll wait on Berserk Musou. Doesn't help I kind of dropped the series after ch. 29 & trying to read it after the first trailer. Might skip that for Musou Stars since that looks more interesting.

I already have Woolly World on Wii U BUT I WANT THAT POOCHI AMIIBO IT'S SO ADORABLE

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zonic

9CpfaE4.jpg

is this your receipt?!?

I beat Nier once, considered beating it again to get more endings, but the gameplay was just too much of a slog. I just watched the endings on youtube.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess I should just use the trial to see if I like it, but I'm very close to giving in & possibly getting a Crunchyroll account, but there's basically a few things I'd like to know before getting premium:

1.) Can I add a show to a "watch later" list or something so I don't have to search for it every time?
2.) Will it remind me when new episodes air since I tend to watch multiple series per season & it's a pain trying to remember which day which shows air.
3.) From what I understand, Funimation said all of their sub stuff would go on Crunchyroll over time will all their dub stuff will be on their own site, correct? I'd rather just have one service instead of signing up for two.

If anything, if I had someone to share my account with, I feel like it'd be more worth it, but now that I have quality internet, I might sign up & stream it via my PS4.

Moaradin

Would love to own HxH but 13 episodes a volume is a bit much for me. Would cost a fortune to own all of it.

Probably gonna wait until there's a more complete collection.

BBboy20

Ok, February or Q1 is becoming a dumping grounds.

Funny enough, October will be my most packed month for this year yet The Silver Case is coming out on that month and all other games will not matter once that is released.

As someone who's never seen or read anything of the series previous, I didn't find the new Berserk that bad. It took me awhile to get used to it because a lot of the beginning of the series felt like it was being shocking just for the sake of being shocking. By the midpoint they got better at giving reasons why all of these horrific things are showing up. The 3D animation was kind of all over the place. Action sequences looked great, but any time they tried to show some subtlety it looked terrible. It never became unwatchable for me though.

Then again I found Akame ga Kill entertaining so what do I know.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku finds an old friend from New Namek to be the new guardian while a new hero emerges back home on Earth to fight the evil of Cell, Saitama heads to the shelter to try and save the people of the city from the Deep Sea King but Genos and Mumen Rider beat him to the punch, Tekkadan arrives at the Dort Colonies but Gjallarhorn has been waiting for them, Gon awakens as a newly annointed Hunter only to learn that the exam is already over..., it's time for some flashback fun as a young Jiraiya attempts to learn Sarutobi-sensei's summoning jutsu and fails spectacularly, the tide of battle has turned thanks to Sogeking but Usopp still needs to find a way to take down the real Perona, and the police storm town hall to wipe out the parasites but find themselves the hunted instead.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 86 - A New Guardian! The Return of the Dragon Balls!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 14 - Vessel of Hope
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 20 - Baffling Turn × Of × Events
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 127 - Tales of a Gutsy Ninja ~Jiraiya Ninja Scroll~ Part 1
2:00 - One Piece - 361 - Perona Is Terrified!! Usopp and Untruthful Share the Same "U"
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 20 - Crime and Punishment

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FUN FACT: Goku never met the person talked about in the preview...or any other Namekian period. It's why last episode he asked Piccolo about them!

Jarate

Banned
As someone who's never seen or read anything of the series previous, I didn't find the new Berserk that bad. It took me awhile to get used to it because a lot of the beginning of the series felt like it was being shocking just for the sake of being shocking. By the midpoint they got better at giving reasons why all of these horrific things are showing up. The 3D animation was kind of all over the place. Action sequences looked great, but any time they tried to show some subtlety it looked terrible. It never became unwatchable for me though.

Then again I found Akame ga Kill entertaining so what do I know.

I'm assuming you never read the manga?

The issue with the show is just in comparison to the manga its pretty average, which considering the manga is literally in a tier of its own, is saying something. The show is just a frustrating watch as a good director would be able to make a great show out of it, but it clearly didn't have the talent behind it.

You also have the CGI issue, which unless you're really good at animating CGI, is very difficult to do well. And Berserk CGI looks worse then Kingdoms CGI which is saying something

We're still in the Scooby Doo era of CGI. Berserk doesn't deserve Scooby Doo tier animation

Jarate

Banned
Also, there's nothing wrong with liking the show. Its not that bad, mostly because Berserk has a great universe

But read the manga

Raxus

Tonight is going to be a great night all around.

Except probably IBO...RIP
Saitama heads to the shelter to try and save the people of the city from the Deep Sea King but Genos and Mumen Rider beat him to the punch

Don't you mean beat him to the ONE PAWWWWWWWWNCH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get the GAA Collection containing both games? & then they'll throw in AAI2 to make it a trio??

I mean, I understand to some extend why they didn't localize those (AAI probably didn't do well & wouldn't justify the cost, Great AA takes place in feudal Japan, a setting that is very hard to sell to an US demographic, see Okami), but at the same time, in this day & age where it feels like a lot more games are coming over, it feels like a bummer.

Edit: & I say this as a fan who has played the 5 games (I have to wait for AA6 to go on sale), has TGS posters of AAI (including one part signed by the director), two other AAI posters from Japan, & an AA5 foam finger, along with a Blue Badger shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom