• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was reported last night while we were watching Toonami. DeMarco even made some tweets about it. Though damn, only 54.

& it seems they'll air the first episode of Space Ghost tonight on Adult Swim in honor of him.

If it did it usually gets lost in the flow like any other conversation, nobody else would ever see it unless they are going through page by page.

Wish they would just purge whatever the fuck they are airing tonight for a marathon of Space Ghost, that would be great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it probably got lost among all the discussion & needed to get brought up again in case people missed it originally. Didn't want to sound like "oh this is old news", my apologies if I came across like that, it wasn't my intent. If anything, kind of a sad coincidence the news broke while we were watching Toonami.

Makes me wonder if they'll do anything on Toonami since he was the original VA host.

Yeah, it probably got lost among all the discussion & needed to get brought up again in case people missed it originally. Didn't want to sound like "oh this is old news", my apologies if I came across like that, it wasn't my intent. If anything, kind of a sad coincidence the news broke while we were watching Toonami.

Makes me wonder if they'll do anything on Toonami since he was the original VA host.

Nah man its cool, I just know how the Toonami flow goes and its pretty much useless to bring up any other conversation when Toonami is on.

I'm sure DeMarco will do something, hes pretty shook up over the news atm though. be cool if we got a night of old Moltar clips.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd love to see a random Moltar "Plushie" join the next Toonami Absolution / Land Base.

RIP Clay Martin Croker. I always loved how consistent the voices were between all those years of shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-SIX: Bushy Brow's Jutsu, Sasuke Style!

Sensible Chuckle.

It's damn hard to resist my instinct to type Sauce instead. JYB lays down the law. Death or submission. Only he can stop the match. Gaara laughs. Sauce grunts. Kakashi shows up to have a word with Guy and Lee. Ignores Sakura. Oh right, she's also his pupil...whatever. Probably doesn't even know Chouji or Ino's name. He apologizes to her. She...doesn't flip out or anything. She's just bummed and starts looking intently at the back of Sauce's neck. She starts asking about the you know what on the back of you know who. Wait no, she just blabs about it in front of a bunch of strangers and her friends. He's not worried about it though. Ino might be. Kakashi starts counting ANBU Black Ops. Eight is not enough. Gai thinks that they are stationed at key points in the village. Guy and Kakashi apparently know about the invasion.

So cold.

Kakashi ignores Guy when he tries to start the rivalry up again. The fight is about to begin! Lots of panning and wide angle shots. Then a quick stare down as the fight begins. Gaara starts by using some sand.

RnM8wwc.gif

Then things get weird. He calls the sand mother. He apologizes for having it taste such nasty blood earlier. He knows the Sauce will taste good, mom. Kankuro and Temari are super spooked. They think its because Sasuke is so damn powerful. He snaps out of it though with some more creepy shaking. Naruto and Shikamaru are sitting on the stairs, contemplating what got them there. Shikamaru remembers what Gaara said at the hospital. Why didn't Gaara kill them here when he promised to? It's like he couldn't see them. Naruto thinks its because they aren't good enough. Shikamaru...agrees. It's all about the Sauce and how to play it. Naruto is SHOOK. Back to the staring contest. Sauce decides to throw some shuriken. Blocked by a sand clone. He fights it hand to hand for a bit. Gets stuck a few times but manages to power through. Gaara puts up his indestructible sand shield though...

NOW I HAVE YOUR POWER.

So he used the Sharingan's least bullshit power to copy Lee's Taijutsu over the past month. Flashback vision of the best looking Naruto fight. Just like that in that fight he does the same face cracking punch to Gaara. Same old tricks won't work though. Kiba goes to thank TOTALLY NOT KABUTO ANBU BLACK OPS GUY but Akamaru is telling him that he knows that smell from the exams...but unfortunately Kiba is saying this all out loud and gets touch of deathed. Bye Kiba. More staring. A bit of taunting from Sasuke. He goes on the offensive with his lightning speed. Gets through the sand and kicks Gaara in the head. More taunts. He's as fast as Lee with no weights. Kick to the side, knee to the gut. Lee is impressed as hell. It took him years to get that speed and Sauce did it in a month. He seemingly doesn't have the stamina to do it all day...but then again Gaara can't keep up the defense that long either. Guy asks what sort of training they did. Imagine Lee's movement and copy it for a month. Hard work even with the Sharingan. Lee points out the obvious. It didn't work for him. Why did he train that speed when it was a losing effort. He can't use the Lotus either, which is the move that really almost beat Gaara. Gaara makes a sand cocoon around him. Shikamaru and Naruto back on the stairs remembering. Gaara loves killing people. That's what he lives for. It's time to talk to Kakashi. He's gonna throw in the towel! Kankuro thinks Gaara is up to something. He makes some sand spikes to stop Sauce. Who breaks his knuckles on it. Too hard to beat with his extreme Taijutsu. Naruto and Shikamaru run up to Kakashi and the gang. STOP THE DAMN MATCH. Gaara is insane. Sauce will die!

Shook to the core.

Gaara is doing some rad hand signs and makes his sand eye. Temari is LEGIT SHOOK. He's forgotten the plan. Kakashi is...thinking about it. Maybe.

BONUS: INOVISION
Sand Clone High

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SIXTY-SEVEN: Late For The Show, But Ready To Go! The Ultimate Secret Technique Is Born!

Sand Ninja Roll Deep.

What a title! It's so long it goes off the side of the video player I'm using! Is it the Sekiha Tenkyoken? Nope, nothing that cool. Kakashi tells Naruto to relax. They were late for a reason. Gaara is still chilling in his sand bubble chanting stuff. Sauce tries some things. Kunai, Taijutsu, nothing works. Sand spikes keep coming out to try and get him if he goes too close. He's fine with this stalling and prepares some magic junk of his own. Meanwhile outside the ANBU are patrolling. Nothing is the matter. Missed those Sand Ninja. Like 100 of them. Sakura wants to hear Kakashi's story. Naruto tells Kakashi to get a move on, no time for talking. He tells Naruto that he's right, shut up and watch. Surprise Sauce time. Sasuke climbs the wall and starts making hand signs. Gaara is in his bubble talking to his mom about all the blood he's going to give her. Temari and Kankuro are shook good. Kankuro is even thinking about bolting. Shino has them bugged and hears about the plan. Sand Ninja are getting ready for the summoning. Yikes that is a big summoning circle.

Charging...charging...charging.

Sasuke is charging something that looks suspiciously like the Lightning Blade. Guy thinks so too. Kakashi and Sasuke are a lot alike. That's why he focused on all the speed training, so he could physically manifest his chakra.

7drA1aR.gif

Kazekage is impressed. Sakura comments on the bizarre noise. Guy explains that it is the only Kakashi original jutsu. The best weapon for assassination. A jab with manifested lightning. Speed and focus. Visable Chakra. Chirping Birds. Chidori. 1000 birds. Sasuke penetrates the shell. Everyone is legit shook. Gaara's siblings are very impressed. No one has ever penetrated that shield. Kakashi's version is called Lightning Blade because he once cut a stroke of lightning in half. Needs inhuman levels of speed and chakra. Shouldn't be taught to kids...Kakashi looks over at Lee. Pot, kettle. Lee is jealous. He couldn't do a frontal assault like that because he has no ninjutsu. Sauce is just as fast or faster. Has the Sharingan. Can do ninjutsu. Sand is ready to invade. Waiting for the signal. NOT KABUTO thinks it is almost time. Shikamaru thinks that Naruto is jealous of Sauces strength but flashes back to his big ass toad summoning and Shoryuken. He won't lose to anyone, especially Sauce.

Hand Job.

Something is wrong with the penetration. Sauce made the sauce come out of Gaara. Gaara...is not used to bleeding. He freaks out. Sauce is stuck. Makes another Chidori to free himself. Oh boy that arm. Temari thinks Gaara might be hurt. Kankuro has seen that thing before...and couldn't eat for a week afterwards! The cocoon is growling. Then it howls.

Eye...Job.

The shell broke before the change was complete. Gaara is...different. He has a shoulder wound. NOT KABUTO starts putting everyone to sleep. What a powerful and useful genjutsu. Doesn't work on Guy or Kakashi...or Sakura. Kabuto has made his move according to Baki. Kazekage is turning his head over to the Hokage...who is looking back the same way. Something is going down. EXPLOSION in the top box. Ninja moving. Summon circle summoning. ANBU Black Ops...Jobbing. Naruto...out cold.

Jarate

Banned
That shrek fighting thread in gaming is the greatest thing I have ever witnessed.

Link?

Is it about Shrek Super Slam, which is a developed enough game competitively to have an active competitive scene, and have a detailed tier list bsed off of advanced strategies?

Kishimoto: "Remember, kids. If you're not born with special talents or destined to greatness as the chosen one, you're not worth a damn. Just give up because you'll never be as good as the ones with an easy meal ticket, you nobody!"

Kishimoto: "Remember, kids. If you're not born with special talents or destined to greatness as the chosen one, you're not worth a damn. Just give up because you'll never be as good as the ones with an easy meal ticket, you nobody!"

*cynical hot take*

So Kishi is the only shonen jump mangaka to tell a moral realistical to real life.

Raxus

Lee spends a crazy amount of time and effort working on his stuff, and Sasuke just copies it with a much lower amount of effort. Hard work !!

Things just get mind boggingly stupid with Eye Powers™ by the end of the series. Makes copying kung fu moves which take years to master look quaint in comparison.

Wrote yourself into a corner? Eye Powers.

Regiruler

Link?

Is it about Shrek Super Slam, which is a developed enough game competitively to have an active competitive scene, and have a detailed tier list bsed off of advanced strategies?
Yeah it was.

I hope somebody puts that level of dedication into one of the clash of ninja games one day.

EDIT: Gaara was such a good villian in the chuunin exam arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mob Psycho 100 - Episode 11

109017-ric-flair-WOO-gif-Imgur-DLqv.gif
AAAHHHHHHH THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE EPISODE, WHY CAN'T IT BE NEXT WEEK ALREADY.

I swear, I spent half the episode laughing at how funny or awesome it was. Glad I decided to give this series a chance, it takes a few episodes to build up, but really gets going after those first few episodes.

Regiruler

There's honestly not that much action.
The waifu amount is fine until a bit later where things really start getting Haremy.

Maybe the story style would work well on TV? Because each timeline is somewhat self-contained.

It'd be a fantastic group watch because the show has a lot more liberty for insane shit when it's allowed to rewrite itself.

zulux21

There's honestly not that much action.
The waifu amount is fine until a bit later where things really start getting Haremy.

Maybe the story style would work well on TV? Because each timeline is somewhat self-contained.

It'd be a fantastic group watch because the show has a lot more liberty for insane shit when it's allowed to rewrite itself.

it doesn't have enough action to be called an action show, but it has plenty of action.

i mean every arc ends on a big battle, of the 25 episodes like 8 of them are almost pure action episodes.

which is way more than I could consider "not that much action."

Regiruler

So I was ready to go into mob psycho today by activating the free trial that comes with the wii u viewer.

Then I realized I sent the console home because my brother wanted it for a party.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN
ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I had it perfectly planned to finish out mob psycho, but now I'm stuck between waiting a week and paying for a month of crunchy.

Chase17

So I was ready to go into mob psycho today by activating the free trial that comes with the wii u viewer.

Then I realized I sent the console home because my brother wanted it for a party.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN
ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I had it perfectly planned to finish out mob psycho, but now I'm stuck between waiting a week and paying for a month of crunchy.
Well, the last episode doesn't air until a week from today. So on the bright side, you could fully marathon it.

Regiruler

Forget Re:zero unless there's another season, that was an awful place to end.

I didn't realize the show was ending there, from my impression it was long-running.

Half finished material will never get my approval (Tokyo Ghoul was ATROCIOUS in this regard, but apparently it got new material at some point?).

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This is why I say that Jiraiya is the true forgotten hero of the hard work school, but then again some really old ass toad told him he would be great and make a decision so he did.

Its cool how we're getting to the point where two big ass realizations happen in Shippuden and are two of the only moments in the second series that really work. REAL ASS SPOILERS AHEAD:
Jiraiya, presented as the third rate Sanin this whole time, is actually extremely powerful, much more so than the Golden Boy Orochimaru or the one with the pedigree in Tsunade. I wasn't even reading Naruto at the time it happened but when I worked it out it legitimately blew my mind. Then I remembered that he was drugged during the first encounter of the three Sanin, but figured that was just to counteract Orochimaru's lack of hands. Not the case. The author intentionally kept Jiraiya out of these fights so that he wouldn't clown everyone around him. He probably would have whooped Itachi had he gotten to him earlier during the first incursion of the Akatsuki, and Itachi is just about the third strongest person in Naruto most of the time.

The other revelation is what Itachi is up to.

zulux21

Is re:zero one of the shows crunchyroll was gonna dub?

it is not currently confirmed for a dub, but given it's popularity and how it isn't officially licensed it seems likely that crunchyroll has the rights to it and just haven't announced it yet.

if I recall right most of the shows that are from this year that they announced dubs for are all 12 episodes, so they might be waiting to finish those before announcing a new 25 episode series to go with all the other ones they announced.

it's why I said late 2017 early 2018 as that seems like a likely time frame for it to start releasing in english.

it is not currently confirmed for a dub, but given it's popularity and how it isn't officially licensed it seems likely that crunchyroll has the rights to it and just haven't announced it yet.

if I recall right most of the shows that are from this year that they announced dubs for are all 12 episodes, so they might be waiting to finish those before announcing a new 25 episode series to go with all the other ones they announced.

it's why I said late 2017 early 2018 as that seems like a likely time frame for it to start releasing in english.

Also with the new partnership with Funimation perhaps Funimation themselves will handle/announce the Re:Zero dub.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is why I say that Jiraiya is the true forgotten hero of the hard work school, but then again some really old ass toad told him he would be great and make a decision so he did.

Its cool how we're getting to the point where two big ass realizations happen in Shippuden and are two of the only moments in the second series that really work. REAL ASS SPOILERS AHEAD:
Jiraiya, presented as the third rate Sanin this whole time, is actually extremely powerful, much more so than the Golden Boy Orochimaru or the one with the pedigree in Tsunade. I wasn't even reading Naruto at the time it happened but when I worked it out it legitimately blew my mind. Then I remembered that he was drugged during the first encounter of the three Sanin, but figured that was just to counteract Orochimaru's lack of hands. Not the case. The author intentionally kept Jiraiya out of these fights so that he wouldn't clown everyone around him. He probably would have whooped Itachi had he gotten to him earlier during the first incursion of the Akatsuki, and Itachi is just about the third strongest person in Naruto most of the time.

The other revelation is what Itachi is up to.

Jiraiya is one of those characters who is criminally wasted.

He's straight up the strongest dude in the series at this point, if he started the next fight with the info he learned at the very end of it there's no way in hell he'd lose. Up until the god powers start coming out he remains the strongest, there's a reason Kishi couldn't bring him back during the zombie shit later on, he'd have crapped on everyone in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom