• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS SEASON TWO OF ONE PUNCH MAN, COMING TO TOONAMI WHEN!?!

My issue weren't really the individual jokes themselves, it's that it's basically all that came out of his mouth.

Off-topic, but Noitu Love Devolution is pretty good. I can imagine there's quite a few in here that would like the game.
I want to get the game (I heard someone compare it to a Treasure game, which has me very interested), but I'm debating if I want it on 3DS or Wii U.

Soulflarz

Banned
Basically my issue with him
I didn't know him pre SAO and literally all I know about him is "wow he shitposts a lot and they're all sexual"

Regiruler

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS SEASON TWO OF ONE PUNCH MAN, COMING TO TOONAMI WHEN!?!

I want to get the game (I heard someone compare it to a Treasure game, which has me very interested), but I'm debating if I want it on 3DS or Wii U.

Plays fine on 3DS, but there's something about a touchscreen game that makes my eyes tired.

Another Toonami user bites the dust. Can't say I'm all broken up over it though.

On a different note, as of today, I can legally drink alcohol if/when I visit the United States.

So lazybones is gone...
You know what, you never cross the line but your shtick of low level trolling has built up enough. You been banned multiple times in the past for making rape jokes, and people are pretty open about taking issue with your act. It's clear you never post in genuine faith and you are just here to play a character. We don't need you.

Oh, you were on perm warning? Oh well.
Well damn. You miss shit when you fall asleep.
I've would've thought the Atra comment would've done it

SAO III when.

tumblr_o2rz3xuNgW1v6ptxto1_400.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm finding the AA anime alright. Tends to neglect some things for the sake of pacing (like the studio case from the first game, it just barely shows one of the characters you talked to, she doesn't even have any lines in the anime), but I wouldn't say it's by any means awful. Certainly nowhere near some of the other game adaptations, i.e. Danganronpa trying to cram an entire 25+ hour game into 12 episodes.

Though obviously, I wouldn't recommend it over actually playing the AA games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2012, aka the first season containing both Parts 1 & 2. Part 3 is likely at this point, but it's more of if it'll air right after Part 2 finishes or if Jojo will take a break between the first season & Part 3. We still don't know if Viz is completely done with the Part 3 dub yet, let alone when the Blu-Ray versions of both seasons will be released.

bigkrev

I heard Digimon Adventure Tri was pretty mediocre

So I actually went to the Fathom Events screening of the dub in a movie theater 2 weeks ago. My context for Digimon is a little weird- my first exposure to it was the Theatrical film as a birthday party for my younger brother, and I really enjoyed it, despite how hacked together it is and how infused with Cool Stuff like Fatboy Slim songs it was. I only ever watched a few episodes of the original, and ended up liking the human characters way more than I liked the Digimon themselves- Izzy was the most adorkable character ever, Mimi reminded me of a cousin I had, ect.

That's probably why I ended up enjoying seeing Tri in the theater. It was fun seeing these characters older (which for most series, is something reserved for Doujins), and having logical growth/evolution- Izzy is still the worlds biggest dork, but of course he learned French and of course he uses a computer algorithm to pick out outfits to wear on a daily basis. I knew Matt would be in a shitty band that had a dumb name, but I wasn't expecting it to be as dumb as
KNIFE OF DAY
. The movie is also smart enough to know that the people watching it are all adults now who grew up watching it as kids, and knows that instead of a gritty thing like Transformers or GI Joe, fans still want something inspirational and light-hearted, so thats what this is.

The animation is garbage and the combat is bad, but I enjoyed the movie for being a fun and light re-visiting of characters I loved when they were children now being adults. If that isn't something you care about, the movie isn't for you.

Oh, you were on perm warning? Oh well.

Question... would I know if I'm on a Perm warning? I have 2 bans (1 for trolling BernieBros and 1 for a Wario64 style clickbait title on gaming side, each 2 weeks), and want to know if i'm still on super thin ice

Another Toonami user bites the dust. Can't say I'm all broken up over it though.

On a different note, as of today, I can legally drink alcohol if/when I visit the United States.

Happy birthday!
I went to Germany and Isreal when I was 19, and it sure was weird just being able to go to bars/clubs and order drinks like it was nothing. It made my eventual 21st birthday a bit of a letdown because the idea of going out was not new.

But hey, now that you are 21, enjoy wondering anytime your back starts to ache a bit if it's now a permanent thing! Being old sucks!

Jarate

Banned
Raxus, you gotta experience the Gucci Mane song they played on Toonami yesterday.

Ive been trying to find a youtube link, but oh my god it was so bad

Raxus

Raxus, you gotta experience the Gucci Mane song they played on Toonami yesterday.

Ive been trying to find a youtube link, but oh my god it was so bad

I am probably going to binge watch Toonami tonight and write my reviews of the episodes either today or Tuesday.

I would rather somebody would provide me a copy of the other goodie this week (promo, speech, etc.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I almost have to drive an hour to & from a city to go see Digimon Tri because my friend also wanted to see it as well & it was the closest theater that was showing it. Kind of glad we didn't, I didn't want to spend 2 hours of my day driving to see something that's shorter than the time spent driving on the road.

Plus I told him it'd probably be better to wait for all the episodes to be released.

Seda

Question... would I know if I'm on a Perm warning? I have 2 bans (1 for trolling BernieBros and 1 for a Wario64 style clickbait title on gaming side, each 2 weeks), and want to know if i'm still on super thin ice.

You'd be explicitly warned in your most previous ban message. You aren't in hot water at all.

bigkrev

I almost have to drive an hour to & from a city to go see Digimon Tri because my friend also wanted to see it as well & it was the closest theater that was showing it. Kind of glad we didn't, I didn't want to spend 2 hours of my day driving to see something that's shorter than the time spent driving on the road.

Plus I told him it'd probably be better to wait for all the episodes to be released.

I'm sad that the Rurouni Kenshin live action movies were the first weeb movie theater events that I couldn't see at the theater 10 minutes from where i'm living. My brother in DC was able to go see them but I couldn't :(

You'd be explicitly warned in your most previous ban message. You aren't in hot water at all.

Yayyyyyyyy~
I can keep shitposting!

Jokes aside, Toonami-gaf are generally a well behaved bunch.

I don't think we've ever had a mod come in here other than Seda.

Wait, does that mean the other mods are ashamed of us?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jokes aside, Toonami-gaf are generally a well behaved bunch.

I don't think we've ever had a mod come in here other than Seda.

Wait, does that mean the other mods are ashamed of us?

I just think they can't be bothered. I mean, we don't really cause all that much trouble.

Happy birthday!
I went to Germany and Isreal when I was 19, and it sure was weird just being able to go to bars/clubs and order drinks like it was nothing. It made my eventual 21st birthday a bit of a letdown because the idea of going out was not new.

But hey, now that you are 21, enjoy wondering anytime your back starts to ache a bit if it's now a permanent thing! Being old sucks!

Haha thank you Krev. Not sure if I can relate to the first part of your post since I can legally drink where I'm at for three years now, but I'll be sure to enjoy any future back aches. :p

Also can I just mention how last night was the first time I ever saw Seda outright perma ban someone? It's so odd seeing Seda ban someone even for two weeks, let alone permanently.

Raxus

I've flagged Seda at least once to ban some no name grunts that come on the board and REALLY shit post but most of animeGAF tends to be pretty forgiving unless you really step the lines.

I've flagged Seda at least once to ban some no name grunts that come on the board and REALLY shit post but most of animeGAF tends to be pretty forgiving unless you really step the lines.

I'm actually surprised GAF doesn't have a report button instead relying on twitter outrage of mods getting flooded with pms when bad shit is posted.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Figure OT was sacrificed to make the moderators latest philosopher's stone.

Soulflarz

Banned

I'm too scared to abuse knowing mods, if only because GAF has the stigma of "wow you know a mod you're unbannable" to people on the outside.

Figure OT was sacrificed to make the moderators latest philosopher's stone.

Why didn't they just ban the awful posters again instead of the whole OT being wiped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom