• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I swear they just aired this episode of Family Guy.
269 episodes and I swear they air the same ones over and over again.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jg6zXcwgqaLG-

Without the extra stuff:

WVW69jg615YXzk5PTW

It's real nice to have a draw'n program on the Wii U that has layers!

ckohler

God, I cannot wait for Jojo to be on this block. Who here hasn't seen Jojo?

I've not seen it aside from the OPs and EDs.

Hey, this thing is still happening! I'm gonna get part 1 out in the next few days, but until then here's a teaser. Sketch from the Toonami Faithful Podcast joined us for this whole thing, and I took some clips from the first few hours to buy time give people a preview of what kind of nonsense is about to take place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvrBn3-4Sdg&feature=youtu.be

I'll be listening.

Glorious. :D

NMS would be at least fun enough to explore if the game wasn't so up its own ass with inventory micromanagement. If you had to charge 6 different things to do anything, fine. If you had limited inventory space, fine. But you have both and it sucks, so what you end up doing is having about two free slots because you need to carry around 50,000 Plutonium and Carbon to charge your life support, environmental resistance, mining gun, regular gun, launch thrusters, phase jump, warp drive, shields, can opener - AKA "just fuck my inventory up." Also you cant access your ship or your ships inventory if you walk more then 10 feet away from it. There are next to no QoL features to alleviate this nonsense material hunt. You can't mark something for tracking like in Fallout 4 and your scanner doesn't tell you shit most of the time because its range is beyond wimpy. You can't stack things that aren't elemental materials. Everything is layered behind 4 crafting trees, none of which you can skip. You can't have stuff auto refuel, meaning in combat you will be pumping carbon into your shields most of the time and bringing up the inventory doesn't pause the game. The inventory system isn't even good, nor is the U.I. Whenever you want to do ANYTHING in the game you have to hold the button instead of pressing it. Even on PC with a mouse. What the fuck. What the fuck.

Oh my God its the worst. Yeah you can upgrade your stuff but that doesn't make the first huge amount of hours not a tedious shitpile. It's beyond frustrating. It's purposely made to be unfun. I can be sold on the idea of No Man's Sky as a game where you just wander around and be awed but they had to shove in this crapshoot of a gameplay loop to just fuck you.

Regiruler

I know Champloo won't win Best OP this year on the Toonami Awards or whatever (because it'll be 2nd or 3rd place to Jojo &/or OPM), but I will gladly nominate it for Best Soundtrack.

Also woo, first time I'll get to watch Toonami in HD, & just in time for certain episodes.

That kinda came off differently than how I wanted it to (I don't like Champloo's soundtrack, I just needed samurai as a reason to post it)

I'm making this more awkward than it needs to be

It really is the worst arc in the show though. I can't wait until we're finally done with the Hunter Exam and start the next arc.

Interesting position. I honestly thought it got worse after the Hunter Exam personally.

But that's probably due to a lot of factors like the fact that I was reading the manga, which wore me the fuck out with all it's extra unnecessary wording. Not to mention the tone shift didn't sit well with me either.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yea, after playing NMS my main complaint is the inventory management. It's just annoying and they need to give you more slots. Outside of that I wish the controls would be a bit more responsive, they're fine if you use a controller but not with m+k. Speed up the walking speed, and add in more inventory space, and I've got no issues with the game.

Interesting position. I honestly thought it got worse after the Hunter Exam personally.

But that's probably due to a lot of factors like the fact that I was reading the manga, which wore me the fuck out with all it's extra unnecessary wording. Not to mention the tone shift didn't sit well with me either.

You must know how far out of the norm this opinion is. It's almost universally held that after this arc the show gets exponentially better.

the controls in No Mans Sky are pretty crap tbh. Its probably my second complaint, shooting down a bird is fucking impossible and I just give up whenever space pirates attack me. There's zero feedback in combat save for the sentinels which have a life bar because nothing reacts to getting shot at all and neither do you.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
the controls in No Mans Sky are pretty crap tbh. Its probably my second complaint, shooting down a bird is fucking impossible and I just give up whenever space pirates attack me

It's not so bad when I'm using the steam controller, but they really need to patch in more responsive controls and fast.

You must know how far out of the norm this opinion is. It's almost universally held that after this arc the show gets exponentially better.

I do know about that. I found that out after reading it which, didn't confuse me or anything. I... get it. I just don't really agree with it. The one people hold as the best one with the chimera people was a huge long slog for me and I didn't like it very much. Completely somber and depressing and long and wordy and gross... hopefully watching it animated will give me a new perspective on it but the manga was just... I didn't outright hate it.

Sometimes opinions seldom fall in line with what the universe says. Although, I don't think anyone really should care what the universe says. The universe hasn't done anything for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, Toonami looks soooo good in HD, can't believe I was missing out on this all this time.

..............oh right, then we begin with a show in 4:3....

Regiruler

My older-younger sister was being a pain and the youngest were up later than I expected in the basement.

I'm really stressed and my mom is probably going to give me some shit in the morning.
omg, Toonami looks soooo good in HD, can't believe I was missing out on this all this time.

..............oh right, then we begin with a show in 4:3....

LUL

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watched some Kai clips with the Yamamoto music. Why couldn't you just do your own work?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I've reached the point where I'm gonna have to mute this OP, because holy crap, this somehow becomes worse every time I hear it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom