• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Trunks hulks up and reveals his true power but it will take more than raw power to keep up with Cell, Saitama and Genos go to hero school, the Tekkadan kids hear from the folks they left behind on Mars while Teiwaz sends along a babysitter to keep an eye on them on the journey to Earth, things heat up on Zevil Island as it becomes increasingly difficult to tell the hunters from the hunted as Hisoka has his sights on Leorio and Kurapika, Deidara and Tobi throw down with Sasuke, Usopp stands his ground against Perona and her Wild Zombies while Oars goes on a grand adventure and causes havoc all over Thriller Bark, and Kuramori's family pays the price for his investigations coming too close to the truth.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 82 - The Strongest Super Saiyan! Trunks' Power Unleashed!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 5 - The Ultimate Master
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 10 - A Letter from Tomorrow
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 16 - Defeat × And × Disgrace
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 123 - Clash!
2:00 - One Piece - 357 - The General Zombies Are Down in a Flash!! Oars Feels Like an Adventure!!
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 16 - Happy Family

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tonight on Toonami, Trunks hulks up and reveals his true power but it will take more than raw power to keep up with Cell, Saitama and Genos go to hero school, the Tekkadan kids hear from the folks they left behind on Mars while Teiwaz sends along a babysitter to keep an eye on them on the journey to Earth, things heat up on Zevil Island as it becomes increasingly difficult to tell the hunters from the hunted as Hisoka has his sights on Leorio and Kurapika, Deidara and Tobi throw down with Sasuke, Usopp stands his ground against Perona and her Wild Zombies while Oars goes on a grand adventure and causes havoc all over Thriller Bark, and Kuramori's family pays the price for his investigations coming too close to the truth.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 82 - The Strongest Super Saiyan! Trunks' Power Unleashed!
12:00 - One-Punch Man - 5 - The Ultimate Master
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 10 - A Letter from Tomorrow
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 16 - Defeat × And × Disgrace
1:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 123 - Clash!
2:00 - One Piece - 357 - The General Zombies Are Down in a Flash!! Oars Feels Like an Adventure!!
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 16 - Happy Family

fVbv7Xv.gif

This gif was taken from the episode preview for this weeks episode by the way!

Raxus

I love how rewatching this arc of HxH I am reminded just how solid this 'worst' arc is. This episode as well as one other I am looking forward to.

Hell this is a rare point where almost every episode is a must watch. Including Naruto.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It really is the worst arc in the show though. I can't wait until we're finally done with the Hunter Exam and start the next arc.

I actually liked the Hunter Exam much more than the next couple of arcs until
Yorkshin
, which is amazing.

Maybe they're better in the 2011 version, though?

I always thought people considered
the tower of heaven
to be the worst arc? Worst in the context of hxh which means its still really amazing.

Crocodile

Shippuden good tonight?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Hey guys, I got a funny feeling that the NMS threads are eventually going to turn into graveyards. I'd be careful posting in them in the future, as there is a lot of hot takes being had and a lot of emotions being had

Also, I've started to Uber drive! I'll be out and about tomorrow so hopefully I don't miss DBZ

This is me reading NMS threads:

LUGLcBQ.gif

Controversies are fun when you have no horse in the race :p

I always took that as
being a part of the Hunter Exam arc

Well I mean not really considering that
to Gon and everyone else, the Hunter exam was over and everyone got their license. Gon and Killua entered Heaven's Arena just to make money. Turning out that Nen training was still part of the exam turned out to be a total coincidence to them.

Seda

Geniune comment (from someone who is not familiar with the show) Hunter X Hunter has kinda lost me in the last 4-5 episodes or so. But I know sometimes these series take time to get going, so I'm not too down on it yet.

Jarate

Banned
Geniune comment (from someone who is not familiar with the show) Hunter X Hunter has kinda lost me in the last 4-5 episodes or so. But I know sometimes these series take time to get going, so I'm not too down on it yet.

I think you and me are in the same boat with the show. I really like the animation and music, but it reminds me of the early arcs of Yu Yu Hakusho except I don't like anyone on the cast nearly as much as Kuwabara and Yusuke though.

I think one of my main complaints is that conflicts resolve basically immediately with hardly any tension. And although I really like Hisoka, I can't say the same for any of the other villains, and im assuming we wont get to Hisoka until much later in the series. Also, I think a lot of the designs are kind of randomly strewn about too much. It doesn't have a very visually consistent character design.

bigkrev

This is far and away the worst part of the series tbh

Jarate

Banned
But I will say this though, the production values, animation, and general production of the anime have been really done well. I also really like the dub a lot

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This will be my 3rd time watching S1 of Jojo, first time for the dub, though I've seen a few clips to see how certain moments were handled, i.e. Patrick Seitz's Dio. It's going to be interesting to see how the dub fairs in context.

Hey, this thing is still happening! I'm gonna get part 1 out in the next few days, but until then here's a teaser. Sketch from the Toonami Faithful Podcast joined us for this whole thing, and I took some clips from the first few hours to buy time give people a preview of what kind of nonsense is about to take place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvrB...ature=youtu.be
I look forward to giving this a listen during work.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

In general terms we are still a bit of a distance before we get to the arc that really makes Hunter X Hunter.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think it's anywhere close to spore though. Spore was a trainwreck not only because it was too ambitious, but also the people behind it made the Sims, which at the time was a revolutionary game.

I think it's more similar to Destiny's release. I think both are pretty much the same, very ambitious but heavily flawed games that will appeal to a large amount of people an incredible amount, but will also piss off a lot of people.

Shippuden good tonight?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

This is me reading NMS threads:

LUGLcBQ.gif

Controversies are fun when you have no horse in the race :p

Exactly lol

I wanted to believe in NMS, but I knew better then to expect it to even deliver on a fraction of the promise. I'll get it down the road when its like $20 with a ton of content patched in or fan modded in.

Jarate

Banned
The only game I think that made Spore levels of disappointment was TOR, or at least that I could remember from browsing the web. That's right around when I started to browse gaf for the first time in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom