• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
z1v6aMj.gif

Okay, so I read up a bit on the next SAO arc...the next villain is basically a Resident Evil villain...

He dissects insects as a child hoping to find their soul, and when that doesn't work, he kills his childhood friend to find where the human soul resides? It's not exactly clear.

Also, everyone's favorite hero Kayaba returns, possessing a robot's body to save everyone, because writing is hard.

At least the waifu of the week doesn't seem to be getting sexually harassed.

Seda

KOZcFMA.png

That would be the first seven episodes, which would be all the episodes aired up to that point. That of course changes the end dates too.

One-Punch Man: October 8
Parasyte –the maxim-: October 15
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: December 3
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: December 10 ("Part 1"), April 8, 2017 ("Part II")
Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 10 (not including Buu Arc), February 10, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter X Hunter: February 30, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(I'm not 100% sure these are right)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know the drill, show the full one the first time.

Though, I really wish other companies would use AniplexUSA's way of shortened OPs.

That's basically what Viz did with OPM and HxH, and people still complained because of the fade out.

The Aniplex edits of SAO OP1/2 and both of KlK openings I find frankly superior to their normal tv cuts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OPM just has a really weird place to fade-out. At least with HxH, it actually feels a bit more natural because it starts at the actual beginning of the song & has a good image to end on.

...also yes, I'd say Aniplex handled them better....though now I fear how Jojo's OPs will be handled.

MAR upon reflection was indeed pretty terrible.

It sets up a generic but decently interesting fantasy world and sets up a big journey to the capital city. They reach the capital the next episode. Then the rest of the series is a tournament arc where nearly every fight is almost exactly the same.

There could have been a fun adventure story in there if the author, you know, made it an adventure.

I'm in the middle of rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho and recently completed the Dark Tournament. One thing that struck me was just how much variety there was in the matches compared to what you typically think of in a tournament arc. Round 2 is a 3 vs. 3 fight. Round 3 is right after round 2, it forces them to exclude some team members, forces them to have multiple matches in a row, and gives the final match to Kuwabara instead of Yusuke. Round 4 excludes Yusuke altogether.

In comparison, MAR had the bizarre setup that the other team matches didn't actually matter, and the team that lost their captain automatically lost, so Ganta had to fight in every single round. Not to mention all the other problems with the tournament's setup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should be more annoyed at FF15 being delayed almost a month away from its release date....but then the more I thought about it, it just means more time I can work on backlog stuff & other games coming in Sept. or Oct., plus maybe spend time on World of Final Fantasy. Not to mention it means I can have more time to work my budget out.

Also yay, along with my internet, got my TV working. Can't wait to watch Toonami in HD tomorrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I'm not really worried about the ED since like Moaradin said, it'll play out like IBO.

If it's like HxH or IBO where it just starts at the beginning then fades out after a while, that's fine. OPM, I don't like, because it starts a few seconds later & has a bit of an awkward fade to it. Even Champloo, despite that OBVIOUS cut, had a bit of a better flow to it, not to mention it didn't screw with the animation.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, I got a funny feeling that the NMS threads are eventually going to turn into graveyards. I'd be careful posting in them in the future, as there is a lot of hot takes being had and a lot of emotions being had

Also, I've started to Uber drive! I'll be out and about tomorrow so hopefully I don't miss DBZ

ckohler

Hey Grexeno, did you forget to post a link to this week's podcast? We recorded on Tuesday. I'm curious what others have to say about our banter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good luck, Grex. I still need to technically sign the lease for me, but at least I've got about 95% of my stuff moved in.

.......and about 10% of my stuff actually unboxed....

It's a shame we're not getting movies anymore, because Funimation just got the rights to Sword of the Stranger.

If you haven't seen it, Sword of the Stranger is pretty dope.

It's a shame we're not getting movies anymore, because Funimation just got the rights to Sword of the Stranger.

Glad Funimation has been grabbing the remaining Bandai Entertainment titles that slipped under the cracks during the initial wholesale.

Now if only they could actually release the bloody things.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Sword of the Stranger is something that should have shown up on Adult Swim at some point. I THINK it may have appeared on Syfy's Ani-Mondays once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom