• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember on Arlong Park (the fansite), someone suggested that Zoro could have fought Ryuma for a bit, but just to show Brook the best way to fight him, then hand it over to Brook to finish him.

...? That... doesn't sound like it would have worked. For a number of reasons.

The main one being that knowing the "best way" to fight him (if such a thing exists) doesn't mean he'd be able to match up accomplishing what Zoro did.

I kind of think people wanted Brook to do it because of a poetic justice sort of deal. Which I understand. Shonen excells at usually delivering on stuff like that but I rather appreciate this instance of allowing someone stronger and with more skill to be a pal and take it back for him. Especially since Brook's pride is the last thing he gives a fuck about at this point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, watching Toonami in HD has made a huge difference tonight. All the shows look so much better & like I'm watching the blu-ray version.

Seda

I've been pretty positive on Gundam, and today's episode was especially disappointing. Kudelia has grown on me in recent episodes but Atra is, right now, mostly a terrible & pointless character. I mean, it's okay for a character to show affection (and can be endearing if executed well) but Atra's been totally and completely defined by it.

And having 'the boys' astonished by "adult wimmenz" in their midst simply felt juvenile, and not in a believable way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a shame these fights don't really evolve past "imma hack n slash ya" aside from stuff like "oops, didn't cut the right spot, try again". At least this one made use of its environment.

BBboy20

It's a shame these fights don't really evolve past "imma hack n slash ya" aside from stuff like "oops, didn't cut the right spot, try again". At least this one made use of its environment.
Man, this track right now seems like something wasted on this show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just noticed that your character icon in Song of the Deep changes based on damage taken/health.

That's always a neat little touch to help showt your character is actually reacting to the enemy attacks.

And having 'the boys' astonished by "adult wimmenz" in their midst simply felt juvenile, and not in a believable way.

I'm guessing the whole gang being a bit woman crazy comes from when they were working for CGS. They probably haven't actually interacted with many women.

That said, I agree. I don't think it was done particularly well here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing the whole gang being a bit woman crazy comes from when they were working for CGS. They probably haven't actually interacted with many women.

Yeah, I understand the logic of these boys being at the peak of puberty, especially not being around women a lot, so that's why they acted the way they did, but it suuurreee wasn't executed well.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I understand the logic of these boys being at the peak of puberty, especially not being around women a lot, so that's why they acted the way they did, but it suuurreee wasn't executed well.

Exactly. That's how they acted, but the execution was shoddy because it could've been done better.

Seda

I think, Orga being sheepish (while at the same time, skeptical) of the bookkeeper woman was believable. He's supposed to be the leader and he made himself look like a fool to a stranger.

The rest though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think, Orga being sheepish (while at the same time, skeptical) of the bookkeeper woman was believable. He's supposed to be the leader and he made himself look like a fool to a stranger.

The rest though
Yeah, Orga was fine because he didn't know how to act, but he still wanted to show he was a leader in front of the others.

Everyone else was basically "WOOOOOOOOOO NOW WE'RE HORMONE-BLOODED ORPHANS, GUUURRRLLLZZZ, SEEEXXX, BOOOOOBBBBSSSS, LET'S GO POP SOME CHERRIES"

Mizerman

Yeah, Orga was fine because he didn't know how to act, but he still wanted to show he was a leader in front of the others.

Everyone else was basically "WOOOOOOOOOO NOW WE'RE HORMONE-BLOODED ORPHANS, GUUURRRLLLZZZ, SEEEXXX, BOOOOOBBBBSSSS, LET'S GO POP SOME CHERRIES"

*Chuckles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom