• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Around here was probably the best stretch of episodes for Parasyte. Reiko's shifting allegiances, the drama centered less on a bad love triangle and more on this inevitable confrontations between police, parasytes, & civilians; Goto's appearance, and Shinichi's role as a protagonist gets a bit more dynamic (although he does sit out for a bit)

In other words, it gets a bit better because Kana bit it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jg6zXcwgqaLG-

WVW69jg9UG04ShUf4d

WVW69jg9fhwoCH987z

WVW69jg9wq0SvAcjKI

WVW69jg-JLo94X-rw1

ACTUALLY LATER

Line_HTX

Atra powering up in a Gundam would make more sense, lol

You kids need to lead nice lives, OK? Merribit gonna show them some reality.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mikazuki knows not to ruin Kudaleia's body with all that baby-making shit. Dump it all in Atra

LoL, I was thinking about it in a whole different way, but I like this one too! XD

Hahahaha making those Gundam IBO sketches and having Perona on full blast...another SAB CA hit.

Thanks :) Always feels good to give One Piece a bit of love, and I don't think last week's Sanji made that obvious, lol.

Bwhahaha! Mikazuki knows better than that!

I totally think he's the one getting dominated in this relationship, ha ha. Buy which one? I'll leave that to Atra's imagination!

Atra powering up in a Gundam would make more sense, lol

You kids need to lead nice lives, OK? Merribit gonna show them some reality.

I was thinking her clothes are so bulky, it kinda looks like she's bulky anywho, haha. A bulky powerup with a Gundam would probably just involve calling one in!

Merribit probably knows that she's pretty much just pervy doujin fodder right now! Though at least she's not holding up as many death flags as everyone who had a flashback this episode. SO MANY REGRET DEATHS IN THE WORKS!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Pretty good night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
SCREAMING!
And it turns out getting all those gains is actually bad for you. Slows you down. Don't do steroids kids.
Time for the Games!

One Punch Man:
Saitama and Genos are now heroes! Genos at the top, but Saitama's poor written score barely made him pass, his impossible physical feats being what launched him forward. Stupid Snek...
Also glorious training battle. Complete with a brief glimpse of serious Saitama.
That Sweet Mask guy sure is suspect...

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans:
Atra's got a depressing backstory, and would have made her a better character... until that "I want to be in a harem too" bit completely trashed it. Come on writers!
Akihiro's backstory was also interesting, almost seemed like a death flag until Mikazuki swooped in with the awesome ending theme.

Hunter x Hunter:
Gon did it! He snagged Hisoka's badge, now all he- and he's paralyzed. Oh wait, Hisoka got the guy and is actually impressed with Gon. Too bad Gon doesn't feel the same way. Like I said before, just take the Pyrrhic victory.

Naruto: Shippuden:
Holy shit this show is actually interesting when there's good animation. I still don't care for either of the combatants but at least it's nice to look at now.

One Piece:
Some of the major fights are underway. Zoro taking on Ryuma for that awesome sword, oh and Brook's shadow. Sanji taking on Absalom for Nami. Usopp readying himself to take on Perona. Somewhere Chopper & Robin are facing Hogback. Poor Franky, but when you consider this arc was meant to take place before Water 7, it kind of makes sense.

Ever since starting my new job I've been having trouble staying up for One Piece so I spent all morning watching the episodes I missed and caught up.

I almost forgot how amazing the entire Usopp/Perona interaction is.

Edit: SAB that sketch is even more amazing than it usually is. That Hisoka panel is perfect.

I think you and me are in the same boat with the show. I really like the animation and music, but it reminds me of the early arcs of Yu Yu Hakusho except I don't like anyone on the cast nearly as much as Kuwabara and Yusuke though.

I think one of my main complaints is that conflicts resolve basically immediately with hardly any tension. And although I really like Hisoka, I can't say the same for any of the other villains, and im assuming we wont get to Hisoka until much later in the series. Also, I think a lot of the designs are kind of randomly strewn about too much. It doesn't have a very visually consistent character design.

To be fair, Hisoka is really the only villain so far. I won't say much about the future of the series other than that they handle both the current and any future protagonists and antagonists with a lot of care.

Personally I don't like making excuses for shows, especially the "just wait until you reach the good part," but HxH is just a much better show to watch at your own pace, especially during the last main arc. You really don't mind the Hunter's Exam much when you can just burn through it in 2-3 days.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Honestly, Hisoka's strange personality has been to Gon's benefit in almost every encounter. It's amazing that he's alive.

Yeah, though I'm way over this show's need to have a qualifying death each episode, and the drama of "Hisoka kills people in seconds, yet Tonpa has been in this event multiple years" discrepancy, it's been great seeing our Hero live only because an Overpowered Psychopath deems him worthy of living longer.

Edit: SAB that sketch is even more amazing than it usually is. That Hisoka panel is perfect.

I should probably start double-watching One Piece myself, ha. I've missed out on a lot of the finer stuff, since SketchDump.

Glad you like the Dump, and Hisoka! Exaggerated Black Shades are always fun. Had to be careful with my script there, lol. I think Miiverse would have looked at me funny if I obviously mentioned something about beating a child, lol. Creepy dude in Bleach got me a warning for "What can I say, I like em young!", lol.

Personally I don't like making excuses for shows, especially the "just wait until you reach the good part," but HxH is just a much better show to watch at your own pace, especially during the last main arc. You really don't mind the Hunter's Exam much when you can just burn through it in 2-3 days.

I can believe this, as there were so many shows I really disliked though everything but like.. the 1 pivotal episode on a DVD.

Horohorohorohoro

I liked how she got all these nice extra highlights on her body and hair for no reason.

Ooo, and that nicely animated laugh from Usopp. If you could gif that, I kept thinking it'd make a nice reaction gif. (Also, it reminds me of the opening of Paranoia agent).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We're getting into the part of Thriller Bark where we start getting quite a bit of cool animation. It's a shame that it becomes incredibly rare (even more so than it already is) after this arc.

We're getting into the part of Thriller Bark where we start getting quite a bit of cool animation. It's a shame that it becomes incredibly rare (even more so than it already is) after this arc.

I've seen gifs from a recent anime arc that look good, but something that stands out to me about them is that they're rarely for things that actually matter. Like, they'll have impressive animation for characters attacking each other, but it never feels like the fight is making progress. Plus, it feels like the characters are always moving really slowly.

SkyOdin

Its a japanese thing, you see wm all the time in animes

Do they have a particular name?

Irs just a sidewalk on hill in the middle of a river or something. Usually its just one side of a river

I saw this conversation in the thread last night, and I felt like commenting on it. Those are levees for flood control, also called dikes, embankments, or floodwalls. They are a common sight in Japan, but they are also common all over the world. They have them in the US, England, France, the Netherlands, Egypt, China, and more. I have levees like that right near my house here in California, walkway on top and everything. In my town, there is an extensive bike path network alongside the levees too.

Regiruler

I saw this conversation in the thread last night, and I felt like commenting on it. Those are levees for flood control, also called dikes, embankments, or floodwalls. They are a common sight in Japan, but they are also common all over the world. They have them in the US, England, France, the Netherlands, Egypt, China, and more. I have levees like that right near my house here in California, walkway on top and everything. In my town, there is an extensive bike path network alongside the levees too.
There's something iconic about them in contemporary anime topography.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ironically enough watching anime with a friend lately and he mentioned that that shot is in just about everything he's watched that was set in or around Tokyo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Soon our long nightmare will be over.

OR WILL IT? Dun dun dun!

The likely scenarios for the big surprise.

1. A wrap up movie. I think this is pretty likely.
2. A new anime series. Possible. Less likely than the movie.
3. A sequel manga written by Tite or someone else. Boruto time.
4. A non Bleach related manga written by Tite.

So I watched Stranger Things.

It's pretty good, better than I thought it would be. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but some fantastic acting (These kid actors have no right being this talented.) and solid directing elevates it above most works that harken back to the classic of the 80's. I have some issues with it, but I won't bore people with details here.

Worth checking out in my opinion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I watched Stranger Things.

It's pretty good, better than I thought it would be. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but some fantastic acting (These kid actors have no right being this talented.) and solid directing elevates it above most works that harken back to the classic of the 80's. I have some issues with it, but I won't bore people with details here.

Worth checking out in my opinion.

Gonna take a day or two off in the coming weeks and go watch it with my mom.

Regiruler

Ironically enough watching anime with a friend lately and he mentioned that that shot is in just about everything he's watched that was set in or around Tokyo.
It does a good job of distancing apart the landscape and the characters, and is vosially memorable but doesn't distract from the scene. I can see why it's used a lot (I remember The Girl Who Lept Through Time did a lot with them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom