• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PJIDP6Y.gif

Don't think I've forgotten about BLEACH either. The King returns to Canon on Sunday!

Gorillaz

So I've been thinking back to the episode of BL where Revy had a legit tsundere moment on the kids when Rock showed up and embarrassed her and she started acting like a little girl a bit. Had me thinking

How old is the Lagoon crew? because for some reason, tone wise, Revy/Rock almost come off more of a early 20's in this arc but on the others they seem older like late 20s. So does Benny and Dutch looks old as fuck.

Idk it was always a weird thing, especially when talking up the backstory of some of these characters

PJIDP6Y.gif

Don't think I've forgotten about BLEACH either. The King returns to Canon on Sunday!
So now that things are Canon again...what does that mean for Non Canon members?

LOLDSFAN

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/94838450088/one-night-only-august-30th-labor-day-weekend-attack

ONE NIGHT ONLY - AUGUST 30TH/LABOR DAY WEEKEND - ATTACK ON TITAN MARATHON
The schedule will be back to normal the next week, but for August 30th - Labor Day Weekend - we’re having an Attack on Titan Marathon, and we’re kicking it off with a brand new Space Dandy. Get (mostly) caught up on Attack on Titan, if you’re behind. Relive the glory if you’re not!
Full schedule below.
11:30p - World Premiere Space Dandy
12:00a - Attack on Titan 01
12:30a - Attack on Titan 02
01:00a - Attack on Titan 03
01:30a - Attack on Titan 04
02:00a - Attack on Titan 05
02:30a - Attack on Titan 06
03:00a - Attack on Titan 07
03:30a - Attack on Titan 08
04:00a - Attack on Titan 09
04:30a - Attack on Titan 10
05:00a - Attack on Titan 11
05:30a - Attack on Titan 12

Whaaaaaaat????

So I've been thinking back to the episode of BL where Revy had a legit tsundere moment on the kids when Rock showed up and embarrassed her and she started acting like a little girl a bit. Had me thinking

How old is the Lagoon crew? because for some reason, tone wise, Revy/Rock almost come off more of a early 20's in this arc but on the others they seem older like late 20s. So does Benny and Dutch looks old as fuck.

Idk it was always a weird thing, especially when talking up the backstory of some of these characters

Black Lagoon Wiki says.......

Rock is 25-27
Revy's age is not listed but it says mid to late 20s by appearance so about Rock's age
Dutch's age is not listed but it says he's in either his late 30s or 40s
Benny's age is not listed but he's presumably around Rock and Revy's age
Balalaika is 31-35
Eda's age isn't listed but it says she's in her 30s by appearance

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I'm seeing, Rock's about in his mid-20s, like 25-27. Balalaika seems to be early 30s. I'd assume Revy is in her early 20s as well. Edit: Bleh, GMN beat me.

I can't seem to find exact ages, though.

Edit: AoT marathon, huh? No idea how long I'd stick around.....at least it wasn't the SAO marathon some of us joked about?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least Space Dandy's at 11:30 again. That'll be nice.

wonder if this means it's possible for them to rerun AOT
Considering how popular the show is, perhaps it'll shift to the 3AM or later section once it finishes its run.

LOLDSFAN

So how many of you guys will stick around for the whole thing?

I think I'll just watch Space Dandy and then head out. I guess going to bed early could be a nice thing.

ckohler

Hrm. That's unexpected.

So how many of you guys will stick around for the whole thing? I think I'll just watch Space Dandy and then head out. I guess going to bed early could be a nice thing.

I may stick around for a few episodes but I doubt I'll rewatch them all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how many of you guys will stick around for the whole thing?

I think I'll just watch Space Dandy and then head out. I guess going to bed early could be a nice thing.
I might stick around to 3 AM, which was my normal bed time before Black Lagoon shifted placed with BTB. Though this time I won't get any breaks, which might be a good thing since I won't have to find something to do between Naruto, Bleach, & BTB now.

I really have no desire to watch some of the later episodes, especially considering we saw them not too long ago in comparison to the first 1/2 of the season.

Seda

Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014 September 6th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014 November 1st, 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014 November 1st, 2014
Beware The Batman: November 1st, 2014 November 8th, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 27th, 2014 January 3rd, 2015
Cowboy Bebop: January 17th, 2015 January 24th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015 January 31st, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 14th, 2015 February 21st, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015 May 23rd, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015 September 19th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

did I get that right?

Jarate

Banned
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014 September 6th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014 November 1st, 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014 November 1st, 2014
Beware The Batman: November 1st, 2014 November 8th, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 27th, 2014 January 3rd, 2015
Cowboy Bebop: January 17th, 2015 January 24th, 2015
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015 January 31st, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 14th, 2015 February 21st, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015 May 23rd, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015 September 19th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

did I get that right?

So many shows ending ;-;

Come on Hajimo No Ippo, and Megas XLR, let's make it happen

They're going to play Prince of Tennis and Johny Test

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The dream scenario would have been a marathon of new One Piece episodes since we're decades behind.compared to Japan
Seriously. Heck, even if it was just one month where we got 1 or 2 extra episodes per week would help slightly.

Actually, I wonder if Space Dandy would get moved to the 3AM or later section once S2 finished or if they'll just reair the 2nd season again at 12:30. I imagine DBZ would be at 11:30 since they'd want to begin the block with such a familiar/popular series i.e Attack on Titan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's one of my least favorite shows in Nu Toonami but unless other plans come up I'll probably still watch it and post.

Gorillaz

I actually think AoT honest gets more intersting in the arc after the court thing. From there to the end it's pretty much firing from all cylinders

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually think AoT honest gets more intersting in the arc after the court thing. From there to the end it's pretty much firing from all cylinders

It's too bad then that AOT didn't start three months earlier so they could have marathoned "the good half" of the show instead.

Raxus

So, I guess we are about to see if AoT is better viewed as a marathon!
Why can't they do this with One Piece or Shippuden?

Meanwhile, in Legend of Korra

b0e.gif
...er

SEASON IS SO GOOD

SO GOOD

Gorillaz

It's too bad then that AOT didn't start three months earlier so they could have marathoned "the good half" of the show instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do a mini marathon again for the show when we reach the last few episodes. It would be ripe for it.

b0e.gif
...er

SEASON IS SO GOOD

SO GOOD
why wasn't like this 2 seasons ago. It took 3 seasons to get interesting.

Jarate

Banned
It's one of my least favorite shows in Nu Toonami but unless other plans come up I'll probably still watch it and post.

I'd take Attack on Titan over Bleach, Naruto, and Beware the Batman

And depending on if they're making cake or not, Blue Exorcist

AOT isn't that bad, I just think its source material is kind of shitty. The music and animation and artistic style are all very nice to me.

I think Beware the Batman might be my least favorite show. At least in Bleach, there's Kite Battles.

So, I guess we are about to see if AoT is better viewed as a marathon!
Why can't they do this with One Piece or Shippuden?

b0e.gif
...er

SEASON IS SO GOOD

SO GOOD

I think im one of the few people on earth who don't like the original Avatar show. If I didn;t like that, do you guys think I'd like Korra

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
An Attack on Titan marathon? Yikes.

Man, why couldn't it have been the 23rd. The weekend I don't have TV or internet....

Levyne

Banned
Is labor day weekend toonami just gonna be seda, man god, and schadenfreude posting naruto gifs while Bass unclephils at Mikasa bread and potato girl?

Gorillaz

I think im one of the few people on earth who don't like the original Avatar show. If I didn;t like that, do you guys think I'd like Korra

Depends, because it uses certain things from the first as a backdrop. What didn't you like?
Is labor day weekend toonami just gonna be seda, man god, and schadenfreude posting naruto gifs while Bass unclephils at Mikasa bread and potato girl?

might end up working that whole night but I wouldn't mind a laugh or 2 seeing the sakura smile pic every 5 post

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shows I'd take AOT's first half over for a marathon.

Tenchi Muyo GXP. Thundercats. Samurai Jack (which is a better show but I'd be asleep by 1:30) Clone Wars, depending on season. Beware the Batman.

Samurai 7 is a tough call. I think I'd rather have it.

Jarate

Banned
Depends, because it uses certain things from the first as a backdrop. What didn't you like?

The characters, comedy, and general world. Also, the horrid FPS of the animation in the original show. Does the animation get smoother in Korra, cause that's something that just bothers me so much in the original show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Funimation's twitter:

"Last week we had @vicmignogna & @Rialisms on #SpaceDandy. Tomorrow we have a former Power Ranger. Can you guess who it is?"

Welp, Johnny Yong Bosch confirmed.

Jarate

Banned
Shows I'd take AOT's first half over for a marathon.

Tenchi Muyo GXP. Thundercats. Samurai Jack (which is a better show but I'd be asleep by 1:30) Clone Wars, depending on season. Beware the Batman.

Samurai 7 is a tough call. I think I'd rather have it.

How can you like Beware The Batman in any way shape or form. It's literally the worst superhero show ive seen in my life. Worse then 60's spiderman

Gorillaz

The characters, comedy, and general world. Also, the horrid FPS of the animation in the original show. Does the animation get smoother in Korra, cause that's something that just bothers me so much in the original show

Animation is definitely better. You won't like it tho if you couldn't get into the first.

ATLA and Korra has this problem where it wants to be serious but cuts it back because it's still trying to be for kids. It wants it both ways but can't juggle it at times so in turn it just comes off a bit weaker in both serious and fun moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom