• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ZOLO?!?!

WHY, FUNI, WHY.

& now I head out to the theater to see my first Rifftrax film, Godzilla '98. Knowing it's by the MST3000 people (which I REALLY need to get into), hoping it'll be a funny time.

daveo42

Banned
ZOLO?!?!

WHY, FUNI, WHY.

& now I head out to the theater to see my first Rifftrax film, Godzilla '98. Knowing it's by the MST3000 people (which I REALLY need to get into), hoping it'll be a funny time.

I'm actually doing the same tonight. Never saw the original but I feel like I'm not missing anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So for about $60 dollars I can own 23 episodes of Sailor Moon hybrid, or for $10 more I can own 100 episodes of One Piece hybrid? Hmm

And since it's Funi it'll go onsale at their store/amazon/rightstuff in the next year or so for somewhere between 30-50.

Was gonna go see Guardians this Saturday with my family, but they only have a 3D showing at the time that worked for us, and while I have no problem with 3D my parents were pretty EHH about the whole ordeal. Gonna see if I can drag a friend to go with me

Ponn

Banned
Been trying to get opinions but this is probably the best place to ask.

I'm looking at this PSN Anime sale and am thinking about picking up the One Piece game because I loved the Gundam Musou games. I'm not going to get both but I assumed Pirate Warriors 2 is better then the first one. Should i just get the second one or is their reason why I should get the first instead?

lali-ho!

Been trying to get opinions but this is probably the best place to ask.

I'm looking at this PSN Anime sale and am thinking about picking up the One Piece game because I loved the Gundam Musou games. I'm not going to get both but I assumed Pirate Warriors 2 is better then the first one. Should i just get the second one or is their reason why I should get the first instead?

lali-ho!

First one follows the manga/anime story line from the very beginning to the end of part 1 of the series (skipping an arc here or there). If you've never read/watched the series before I wouldn't recommend it as it spoils some of the major scenes later on. It has the smallest roster of any Musou game with only 13 playable characters and doesn't have a great deal of replay value after you beat the main campaign.

Pirate Warriors 2 has a lot more playable characters, a largely what if story that doesn't really spoiler any major events or arcs outside of revealing characters who don't show up until way later in the series. It's considered by all to be vastly superior.

If you're only going to get one get the second

Ponn

Banned
First one follows the manga/anime story line from the very beginning to the end of part 1 of the series (skipping an arc here or there). If you've never read/watched the series before I wouldn't recommend it as it spoils some of the major scenes later on. It has the smallest roster of any Musou game with only 13 playable characters and doesn't have a great deal of replay value after you beat the main campaign.

Pirate Warriors 2 has a lot more playable characters, a largely what if story that doesn't really spoiler any major events or arcs outside of revealing characters who don't show up until way later in the series. It's considered by all to be vastly superior.

If you're only going to get one get the second

Thanks, that would do it. Bought and set to download. Will get my Musou on before Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DP and don't care

When are we gonna get some Toonami GAF fanfiction? Smash GAF has it's own fan fiction https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10615955/1/SmashGaf-The-Journey-of-15-Months

8OBkBiG.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't it basically the shortest Tales game ever released? I gave up on it about ten minutes in so I'm no definitive source but I've heard it and its sequel are oddly short for Tales games.

Isn't it basically the shortest Tales game ever released? I gave up on it about ten minutes in so I'm no definitive source but I've heard it and its sequel are oddly short for Tales games.

The fact that it's the shortest Tales game is what's surprising me that its taking me so long.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's plenty of shows out there that I'd be happy with seeing again in BL's slot.

SAC 2nd Gig, Outlaw Star, Fairy Tail, Trigun, Eva, FLCL, Earth's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi.

Seda

Fucking Tales of Xillia is taking a lot longer for me to beat then it should. I want to play the sequel already!

I managed to get an early copy of Xillia 2, playing through it right now.

The game is apparently pretty short but there's lots of extra 'stuff' to do, like character sidequests.

Plays pretty similarly to Xillia, of course.

Edit: Elle sounds pretty much exactly like Chopper, haha

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bleach introduced so many characters in the Soul Society that I'm yet to see any English-voiced animated show or video game that doesn't have SOMEBODY from that dub in it. It's weird.

Also Dragon Age has Steve Blum as some random-ass NPC merchant.

These are the things that cross my mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach introduced so many characters in the Soul Society that I'm yet to see any English-voiced animated show or video game that doesn't have SOMEBODY from that dub in it. It's weird.

Also Dragon Age has Steve Blum as some random-ass NPC merchant.

These are the things that cross my mind.

Steve Blum primarily does Vidja games and TV ads now.

Jarate

Banned
Does Gintama have a dub?

I havent watched it, but ive always heard really good things about it. Maybe that would be a good fit

Takashi

Does Gintama have a dub?

I havent watched it, but ive always heard really good things about it. Maybe that would be a good fit

It doesn't unfortunately. I've yet to see the entire series, but I've seen a handful of episodes here and there and it's hilarious.

Not sure how a dub would work though considering a lot of its humor is derived from Japanese references and culture. Although now that I think about it the Bobobo dub came out okay, even though some of its jokes had to be rewritten.

Moaradin

Does Gintama have a dub?

The movie does apparently. It's a great show, but I don't ever see it working very well in a dub. Like Takashi said, so much of it is Japanese references and culture.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ZOLO?!?!

WHY, FUNI, WHY.

Rifftrax Live is always a fun time. Usually there are extras, like shorts and general zaniness, but Godzilla '98 was too long so they had to just get right to it.

daveo42

Banned
Rifftrax Live is always a fun time. Usually there are extras, like shorts and general zaniness, but Godzilla '98 was too long so they had to just get right to it.

It did feel a bit odd without the short, but I think it was the same with Starship Troopers when they did that a few years ago.

The new song and opening for the show was pretty tops. Same with the riff, though there were a few low points here and there. Godzilla helped make that up by included all sorts of wtf moments that didn't even need riffing and borrowing heavily from Jurassic Park. Seriously, who thought any of that stuff at the end made any sense?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I had a real good time last night watching/listening. Even the pre-show "trivia" & such were rather funny. I think it was the first time our theater had it, so figured it was worth checking out. Even better, despite costing $11.50, I had a free ticket on my Celebration card, so I only had to spend $3 to see it. Hoping my theater gets more since we don't tend to get most of the limited release stuff.

Seda

I'm not all too familiar with Ghost in the Shell, but I just learned the Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is voicing a character in Arise, but not Motoko?

Interesting.

Raxus

Yeah, I had a great time but with the theme and the movie it still was over 2 hours long, shorts would have made Godzilla stretch out to Lord of the Rings lengths.

It was a pretty good riff overall. Especially the
'that's cute'
running joke.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Personally I felt the Godzilla riff was one of the weaker ones. There were still good moments but it seemed to lack energy and a lot of riffs fell flat.

It probably didn't help that my screening had this obnoxious guy that yelled "WOOO" after almost every riff, and would clap at every single one. I know the RiffTrax guys talk over the movie, but that doesn't mean you have to as well!

It probably didn't help that my screening had this obnoxious guy that yelled "WOOO" after almost every riff, and would clap at every single one. I know the RiffTrax guys talk over the movie, but that doesn't mean you have to as well!

Lol should've been prepared for that.

ALSO, the backdoor for 8/30 cuts off at 11PM, THEY'VE CAUGHT ON!!

ba27e.png

daveo42

Banned
I can agree that Godzilla wasn't as good as some of their other live shows. They killed it with Santa Claus vs the Martians (especially with the short) and Starship Troopers, but this was still pretty good overall. We didn't have a "WOO" guy in our audience, but I do clap whenever I find something very funny. A few of my friends hate me because of it. :/

Lol should've been prepared for that.

ALSO, the backdoor for 8/30 cuts off at 11PM, THEY'VE CAUGHT ON!!

ba27e.png

Damn you Demarco!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom