• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Then there's always Fairy Tail.

iots3d9rhKzuC.gif

daveo42

Banned
Indeed. If it's not replaced by GITS, it can be AO, DBZ Kai, Roberta's Blood Trail, Michiko & Hatchin, Psycho-Pass, or maybe even Steins;Gate. OR The Future Diary (Despite the
rape episode
)

Then there's always Fairy Tail. (Used the image just cause of the One Piece style)
670px-Chapter_Slider.jpg

I think I'll pass on Fairy Tail.

Did someone say Steins;Gate

Actually id rather have The Future Diary since I havent seen it and I dont think im anywhere near done loving Steins;Gate yet

Haven't seen Future Diary, but I'd definitely be down for a watch of Steins;Gate.

daveo42

Banned
Perfect :lol

Nah, it's gonna be something awesome as shit.

At 3am? Unless there is a large shift in scheduling when BL ends, I'm thinking it's going to be something that's aired before. 2nd GIG makes some sense. We could always get FLCL back for a short while too if they are waiting for a larger shift in the block as a whole.

Plus 2nd GIG is pretty good man.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At 3am? Unless there is a large shift in scheduling when BL ends, I'm thinking it's going to be something that's aired before. 2nd GIG makes some sense. We could always get FLCL back for a short while too if they are waiting for a larger shift in the block as a whole.

Plus 2nd GIG is pretty good man.

I know, but I have a faint hope that they'll move Batman back to 3 and give us something awesome.

Seda

Also, 2nd GIG never really fully ran since the Toonami reboot. It was on the original schedule about half way through.

I know it ran on ASA probably several times, of course.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall Arise just got a dub announcement. Granted, probably won't replace Black Lagoon, but seeing as they had the original series aired so many times, we might see it eventually.

Jarate

Banned
also idk if i'll be on during toonami since i'll be attending a wedding

there's a high chance that I will be both extremely drunk and fairly stoned during my posts if im online.

Hopefully theres an open bar B)

I'd watch it. Hell, I think I'd watch pretty much anything they'd put on the block as long as it wasn't Fairy Tail.

Have you actually seen Fairy Tail or is this just "heard bad things and seen bad things"?

I'm like 95% sure it's going to be 2nd GIG.

Yep, that or FLCL to bide time until Space Dandy can repeat at 3:00

Man, Mario Galaxy 2's difficulty really ramps up past world 3.

I don't remember much in that game being hard outside of the stupid bird hang gliding stages and the final world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, THIS is Black Lagoon's replacement.

It is actually pretty funny and the return of Good Guy Satan!
Oh hell yeah, I'd enjoy rewatching that via dub & group watch. Granted, I don't think there's enough action to fill the Toonami quota for some episodes, but still a good show.

I also was so glad to see the first episode have a fast pace & they didn't succumb to the cliche "UH OH, WE'RE IN A NEW WORLD & DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, TIME FOR HIJINKS!" but instead figured what they had to know & it was taken care of quickly so we could get to the real meat of the series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh hell yeah, I'd enjoy rewatching that via dub & group watch. Granted, I don't think there's enough action to fill the Toonami quota for some episodes, but still a good show.

I also was so glad to see the first episode have a fast pace & they didn't succumb to the cliche "UH OH, WE'RE IN A NEW WORLD & DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, TIME FOR HIJINKS!" but instead figured what they had to know & it was taken care of quickly so we could get to the real meat of the series.

It's more action heavy than BE was, if they want it then they'll grab it.

Gorillaz

Idk if I would want to see it but

Ia show about a satan kid fucking up an order of fries at a food place might be more interesting then watching the son of satan riding around on a cat dual wielding pistols.

Regiruler

It's going to be something stupid like the censored version of witchblade.

I'd just say witchblade but it's too much skin for toonami despite the uncensored version being the more common.

daveo42

Banned
Have you actually seen Fairy Tail or is this just "heard bad things and seen bad things"?

Yep, that or FLCL to bide time until Space Dandy can repeat at 3:00

I don't remember much in that game being hard outside of the stupid bird hang gliding stages and the final world.

I've never watched the anime, but I read the manga for the longest time and recently stopped when I realized how uninteresting each arc was, that I didn't really care for any of the characters, and most of the big moments fell flat. It's not all that bad, but it covers up the weak story telling with copious amounts of fanservice.

I did think that
the time skip
portion would be awesome but even then it all came off as meh. Like there wasn't anything on the line for pretty much any of the characters and every twist was really just a straight line.

It's also fun to rag on it because there are a few people on here who seem to like it. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Ia show about a satan kid fucking up an order of fries at a food place might be more interesting then watching the son of satan riding around on a cat dual wielding pistols.

It's a lot better than any plot synopsis makes it sound. It's one of those shows that sounds iffy but the execution is so perfect that it works. Plus there's a lot more action than you might think.

EDIT: I could only find the subbed version of this from the first episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is that Plue in the Fairy Tail pic?
Yes, somehow, Plue is in Fairy Tail, because I remember I was reading the first few volumes of the manga & was confused/slightly pleased seeing him in. I GUESS it's to establish it's in the same universe as Rave Master or something?

He's rather competent & you don't see a ton of scenes involving him sucking at living on Earth. Think that's another reason why I liked the show. Again, it doesn't go for the cliche of an alien/creature/time traveler/etc. who has no idea how to live in current time/Earth & fails at understanding our culture/way of living. Basically, he's a fast adapter and quickly learns to live in Japan, which is a very nice change of pace.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I gotta agree with B-Dubs that the show is worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom