• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Even though Gintama is primarily a comedy, the show's serious arcs are better than most shonens lol.

1267214256610.gif

So...would Toonami getting Fairy Tail be bad? Just thought I'd ask as someone who knows little about it beyond it being another long-runner.

I guess from an economic standpoint it would make sense. It's fairly well received among more casual anime fans which would potentially lead to higher ratings. From a personal standpoint we already have two (three come October) long runners, one of which will outlive most of us, and I'd rather have the time it would take up dedicated to showing more 1-2 cour shows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be gone all night and not totally sure if I'm going to be back before Toonami or not, so I'm just going to post this here now, and if I do get back in time I'll post it again later.

Tonight on Toonami, we're making the impossible possible as Gurren Lagann finally lands where it always belonged! Eren gets acquainted with his new comrades, Ginjo turns heel, Dandy's with the band, baby, Naruto hits the town looking for a replacement for the ailing Kakashi, the Straw Hats finally make their entrance the only way they know how, the drill that will pierce the heavens finally busts out on Toonami, all of Batman's shitty enemies are back for one big clusterfuck of revenge, Revy and Ginji burst in to take Yukio back from Chaka, Team 10 comes to Team 7's rescue, Edward comes up with a plan to get himself and the others out of Gluttony's belly, the Bebop gets mixed up in a bunch of monkey business, 3PO and R2 go shopping and naturally get kidnapped, and Jack has some Wild West adventures.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 15 - Special Operations Squad: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 2
12:00 - Bleach - 356 - Friend or Foe?! Ginjo's True Intentions
12:30 - Space Dandy - 20 - Rock 'n' Roll ☆ Dandy, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 33 - The New Target
1:30 - One Piece - 267 - Find a Way Out! Rocketman Takes Flight!
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 1 - Bust Through the Heavens with Your Drill!!
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 15 - Reckoning
3:00 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 22 - The Dark Tower
3:30 - Naruto - 33 - Battle Formation: Ino-Shika-Cho!
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 26 - Reunion
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 4 - Gateway Shuffle
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 52 - Evil Plans
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 29 - The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful

RAW! RAW! FIGHT THE POWER!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Happy anniversary of the day you were brought into this world.

I remember my 13th or 14th birthday (I was in junior high) being one of my favorites. Woke up & my mom gave me not only Trauma Center on DS, but Super Mario RPG on SNES (cartridge only via eBay) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom