• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug14| Melodrama Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
U-uhm >.<

4IhqUyb.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 30:

This may not have been the best episode to watch coming off of watching an episode of Nozaki-Kun as I am pretty sure the "relationships" presented in this episode are exactly the type that this series is mocking with such fervor. Well, at the very least, the shallow and desperate looking for love that Mako and Usagi present. Really though the actual core of this episode is surprisingly on Motoki. Well, this is still the first season in which side character could get a focus episode. Anyway, in between the tedious antics of the middle school girls, and as aside, thank for reminding me that Mamoru is technically a sex offender. I will never understand why they made him a college student in this incarnation. Anyway, Motoki much more adult struggles with his actual girlfriend are about a thousand times more compelling then the wacky antics of the scouts. Overall, another alright episode with thumbs leaning towards the down. Watch it if you want but you are not missing much here.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 31:

On the one hand, the rainbow crystal arc is starting to creak and crack over the weight of formula but on the other hand after the dour Sailor Moon Crystal I am much more appreciative the manic comedy of the first series. That being said this episode is notable for introducing useless lump of unkempt hair Y&#363;ichir&#333; Kumada as a potential love interest for Rei. It is also nice to see her Grandfather return. Not much else to say really. Yet another alright episode in a series of them.

daveo42

Banned
I haven't seen it either. In addition to anime I don't really watch any movies. Nor listen to music..

I haven't seen it either. Lots of good movies I know I should watch I've missed out thanks to other pursuits like gaming and anime.

You listen to podcasts instead of music most of the time?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy shit what's with all the birthdays. happy birthday.
Seriously, this is, what, the 3rd birthday in a week or so? Still, happy b-day to all the users here who had them recently.

Sept. is gonna be b-day crazy as well, with my dad on 9/13, his gf on 9/20, then mine on 9/21.

bigkrev

I feel like a list thing of 10 Movies/10 TV Shows/10 Albums or Songs here would cause some peoples heads to explode

"You seriously haven't seen Pulp Fiction?!?
You're telling me you haven't watched Breaking Bad?!?!
How have you lived on this planet for the last 5 years and not heard Kanye West?!?!

ect

Star Wars: Clone Wars seems to have hit a pretty big rut.

Good news?

Star Wars Rebels

looks pretty fun

i hear the latter half of this season is good. problem is we've still got three or four episodes to get there.

Looks like it'll have the same problem clone wars did that it can't stray too far from canon. Wonder if this series will dark end with the good guys dying or they'll have to pretty big plot hole to explain why these new jedi aren't in episode 4-6

how so? they've got new characters and villains, so they're not really stuck with the fact that Grievous can't be captured and Obi-Wan can't die

Jarate

Banned

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like a list thing of 10 Movies/10 TV Shows/10 Albums or Songs here would cause some peoples heads to explode

"You seriously haven't seen Pulp Fiction?!?
You're telling me you haven't watched Breaking Bad?!?!
How have you lived on this planet for the last 5 years and not heard Kanye West?!?!

ect

Kanye is not on the same level as something like Pulp Fiction, no matter how much people might like to pretend that's the case.

Pretty sure Levyne was making a FF8 reference and B-Dubs took it a completely different direction

You say orphanage I think Cider House Rules.

daveo42

Banned
Kanye is not on the same level as something like Pulp Fiction, no matter how much people might like to pretend that's the case.

You say orphanage I think Cider House Rules.

OH...so that was the reference to FF8. Didn't know that was a part of Cider House Rules. FF8 had a terrible plot.

Gorillaz

Your right, B dubs, your exactly right Kanye isnt on par with something like pulp fiction

because he is simply greater

daveo42

Banned
Cider House Rules is all about an orphanage, among other things. I never played FF8 so I couldn't tell you what that's about.

It's about a poorly translated man and his hatred for everything by not commenting on anything while everyone forgets everything because plot. Also, anything after disc one may or may not have happened depending on who you talk to.

Jarate

Banned
God damn the Animation in Sailor Moon Crystal is jank. You'd think with a bimonthly schedule it wouldn't looks like Toei's typical hack job.

Modern anime animation brah

the animation generally gets better once they get to season 2, cause then the company knows they can invest in said show

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
4th time I'm getting those annoying full-page ads this month & now quick reply extension for Chrome isn't working.

ckohler

Why is Kirito so popular a character? Is he dreamy or something? To be as polite as possible, he didn't strike me as being that interesting of a character; mostly just "intense" and a kind of power-fantasy trope.

Modern anime animation brah

the animation generally gets better once they get to season 2, cause then the company knows they can invest in said show
Yeah but its Sailor Moon. Its one of Japan's premiere franchises up there with DBZ and Doreaomon, you would think that it was already a safe investment worthy of more than an off model online show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is Kirito so popular a character? Is he dreamy or something? To be as polite as possible, he didn't strike me as being that interesting of a character; mostly just "intense" and a kind of power-fantasy trope.

He's the male version of Bella, that's why. No real personality of his own so the viewers just imprint their own personalities onto him and imagine themselves in his shoes.

Jarate

Banned

He's a wish fulfillment character like the main protagonist in Persona 4, like the main character of Twilight and such.

He's basically mary sue character that a lot of "mmo players" look to because HERP DERP HE SOLOES ALL THE CONTENT BECAUSE HE'S BADASS AND HE HAS SO MANY BITCHES WHO WANT TO BE WITH HIM, AND HE DOESN'T WANT PEOPLE TO DIE, SO INSTEAD OF TEAMING UP WITH PEOPLE TO TAKE CARE OF BOSSES TOGETHER, SO LESS PEOPLE WILL DIE, HE SOLOES EVERYTHING BECAUSE VIDEO GAMES

it's basically that guy who plays mmos, plays as a dps, and complains constantly that the other group members are holding him down. It's basically a wish fulfillment for those people.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably because people want to be him. I mean, if I was a teenager when I saw the series, I'd want to be him because he's an "awesome" sword fighter in a video game surrounded by a harem. Basically 3 things I liked as a teenager at the potential peak of puberty.

He's the male version of Bella, that's why. No real personality of his own so the viewers just imprint their own personalities onto him and imagine themselves in his shoes.
Yeah, this too.

bigkrev

Kirito is the John Cena of anime characters. Think about it.

Can you come up with a better example? Music is hard like that, where the most popular stuff can be safely ignored by massive amounts of people

It took me all summer seeing stupid 5 Seconds of Summer T-shirts at the beach to learn they were a band. And I'm someone predisposed to be OK with boy bands (because NSYNC and Backstreet Boys were the biggest acts in music when I was 11)

daveo42

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

not moe enough to get the dosh. needs some more flat chest before getting good animation. also One Piece is like the biggest shit on earth and still has shit animation

You can thank Toei for that, though we do get some good animation from time to time. I'm looking forward to some better animation
and the end of that horrible CG transformation sequence
next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom